It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Foreskin Man Outrages Jewish Community

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
personally I find the whole thing creepy but that is only because I know of no one who has been cut.. and there is no way I could subject my little boy to such a procedure.

reply to post by irsuccubus

Wow I had no idea you could do that.. you certainly learn something new every day on ATS

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

You don't know anyone who's been cut? Where do you live?

Almost every guy in America is.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Hitler would be proud.

Isn't this the same type of propaganda he used?

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Wow, thats funny. All upset over nothing but a comicbook. I always find it so odd people can get so offended over nothing.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

edit on 13-6-2011 by MIDNIGHTSUN because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
You could make a comic that pokes fun at Christians and there would not be an outrage.

Welcome to the Modern times, prepare to be ridiculed, for old outdated customs.
edit on 13-6-2011 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Few points that i would like to express my outrage about:
1) If it is against the law in US - why suing is not the solution?
2) If it will be against the law, lots of Jews from US will go to Israel and it will skyrocket housing prices even more.
3) On the caricature, the word written on the book does not exist. The outrage!!!!

On more serious note - it will not work, even if there will be a ban religious Jews will still do it. Just to remind you, this is not the first time the idea to ban the practice arises ,for all the different reason,in Jewish history and the "crime against children" is still there.
No worries.
Author of picture should get lessons in Hebrew.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
Hitler would be proud.

Propaganda? Its humor.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Just to be clear, I think that female mutilation (I would agree that's a more accurate term, but the same goes for male MUTILATION too) is terrible.

Would the people that think it's OK to cut a man's foreskin off, also think it's OK to cut a woman's clitoris off? Why not?

I'm sure everyone is aware of the rumor/myth that the foreskin is removed to help stop male children from masturbating. Whether there is any truth to this I have absolutely no idea, but in effect it is the same think as removing a female's clitoris. The foreskin is extremely sensitive and contains tons of nerve endings, just like the clitoris.

I just don't see why one is acceptable, while the other is not? Sounds like a double standard to me.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by James1982

The main reason is purely cosmetic.

After all, the first thing a parent has to think about is the opinion of their son's future sexual partners!

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by BirdOfillOmen

Hitler would be proud.

Propaganda? Its humor.

I guess Hitler cartoon descriptions of Jews was humorous also?

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Enkii

You know how everyone says you dont want to know whats in hotdogs.....

Well.... you dont wanna know.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

True. I think it's pretty creepy that parents are thinking about how nice their son's penis is going to look.

"But I want my baby boy to have a pretty penis! Hey son, whip that thing out, I can't stop looking at it, it's just so nice!"

Very creepy.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Hitler would be proud.

Propaganda? Its humor.

They are to everyday Americans who don't conform to stereotypes or take offense to every little piss-take.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I always had a hunch that circumcision was an antiquated way of marking your slaves. I mean, if you had a bunch of slaves too stupid to clean and dirty all the time, but needed them to reproduce at a decent rate, then circumcision would serve a dual purpose.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

Considering the goal of Hitler was to exterminate the jews, and the (assumed) goal of the comic is to go against cutting off part of a kid's penis, I think you have a totally ridiculous comparison.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

If you are a parent or intend to be... Even thinking that your child would WANT a woman stupid enough to look down on him for not being cut is alarming. This is why there needs to be a test to prevent idiots from being parents or if they do have kids that they be taken away and put in the hands of qualified parents.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Hitler would be proud.

Propaganda? Its humor.

No, because Hitler's propaganda was aimed at eradicating every Jew in Europe

This cartoon is aimed at mocking a really, really stupid tradition.

If you're going to try to claim that the opening salvo of the Holocaust II is Foreskin Man, well, that's probably vastly more offensive than the comic could ever be.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nosred
reply to post by thoughtsfull

You don't know anyone who's been cut? Where do you live?

Almost every guy in America is.

Southern England by the Seven Sisters
and I grew up in a major seaside town close by and went to a strict Catholic school.

As far as I know the local hospitals do not do male circumcision unless there is a valid medical reason..

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by James1982

I don't see how cutting off the clitoris is the same as cutting off the foreskin. Without my clitoris intact I highly doubt I would be able to orgasm, I mean I suppose I could try for a different type of orgasm but would be MUCH more difficult to achieve.. With your foreskin missing are you still able to have an orgasm? I don't know of a single guy personally, that cannot achieve this because his foreskin is missing. On the other hand, if a girls is missing it would be much less possible to easily achieve.

Having said that, I don't like the thought of circumcision for babies.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join