It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Public Wants Obama to Debate Herman Cain Or Ron Paul

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Just checked over at Fox News for headlines and found a poll they are running. Who would you like to see debate Obama. Statistically, Dr Paul and Mr Cain are tied. All of the other candidates(including those who have not thrown their hats into the ring) are running a distant second and third.
Even CNN acknowledges that Dr Paul is running a much stronger campaign and getting loads of donations. He won't have to run on a shoestring this time.
America is waking up!
(PS. Herman Cain doesn't sound to bad either, but I haven't had time to research him as much as I'd like.)

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by kettlebellysmith

Wow! I saw this poll only a few hours ago and Herman had 27% and Ron was towards the back at 5%...
Ron Paul! End the fed!

Link to the poll in question.
edit on 13-6-2011 by FTD Brat because: added link

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I would like to see him debate with Ron Paul, but that doesn't look to be likely.... Ron is a good guy, but given the opportunity to hold office he would be turn into a puppet or turn up dead... Simple as that. Don't be waiting for a knight in armor, we have to tackle Americas problems ourselves.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by FTD Brat

I just checked the poll and Ron is leading with 22% 5,953 votes
edit on 6/13/2011 by SSDDay because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by kettlebellysmith

Great News!! I hope the GOP listens! Ron Paul / Herman Cain is the ticket for 2012. I don't care how they arrange it, as long as those are the names on it.

And yes, Ron Paul is running a much better campaign this time around!!

Psssst.... take a look at my siggy banner \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I think this debate would be much better if they did not allow the use of a teleprompter.

I would actually watch it I think.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

It wont happen, because either of them would run laps around Barry. I think Ron Paul could be great for this country, I just dont know if he can generate the support.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Obama has been dodging the people since day one. He taught the MSM to submit and not to ask important questions.

I wish I could see him face to face with Congressman Allen West! That might not happen though since A.W. isn't running for Presidency at this time.

Herman Cain or Ron Paul, I like both of them. I'll be sure to watch these debates when they finally happen. Obama's reign will end soon but not soon enough.

Edit: H. Cain said he was American first and black, not African-American

edit on 13-6-2011 by sweetliberty because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I will be stunned if Barry debates anyone. He hasn't had an original thought, ever. There is a twenty something minute clip of him trying to explain the merits of his health care plan to a group of young people. It's laughable! This guy is a terrible extemperaneous speaker, that's why his handlers never let him speak without a teleprompter. Debates would expose this fraud 'leader of the free world', so I believe the only way he'll debate is if he has no other option.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I'm sorry I don't have a link at the moment, but Jesse Ventura ssid a few months who that he has mentioned that he would consider a VP spot under Paul. Don't know about you guys, but I would LOVE that! Even just for the sheer JOY of it. I think that both together would be smart enough to surround themselves with a posse of guards.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by SSDDay

I don't think we are looking for a "knight in shining armour." The American people are looking for someone who can see the problems and offer real solutions, the kind that can make congress get off it's dead butt and DO SOMETHING.
America is in trouble, but we can fix it. We just need real leadership!

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I would like to see Ron Paul debate Obama....certainly don't care about Herman Cain though.

Despite what the previous poster said...Obama is a good debater IMO...well at least against McCain he was.

However, Obama will have to answer for extending the Patriot act and the 3 or 4(?) wars we have going on, the bailouts, etc.

Would be a very interesting debate for sure....the only way that will happen though is if Ron Paul wins the Republican nomination...and I just can't see that happening.

Could that change? Maybe....we'll just have to wait and see eh?

Ron Paul is by no means perfect and many of his stances will be hard for people to swallow.

Like I stated, I'd love to see it.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by dillweed

Just a question; Who was the last president who spoke without a teleprompter?
Followup question; he was president before the things were invented, wasn't he?
Followup to the followup; Did he ever read from a prepared speech in his hnad?

Seriously guys, this teleprompter garbage is, well, garbage. You really think Ron Paul never uses them, don't you?

Ah well. I think such a debate would just be hilarious.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SSDDay

I love it whenever Fox tries to prevent Ron from looking like a frontrunner. He's the best hope for america IMO right now.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Ron Paul is by no means perfect and many of his stances will be hard for people to swallow.

I agree, but the country is in such a state, that we will either have to swallow a couple of hard pills, or watch the whole thing go down in flames. We need someone that is willing to tell the truth to the public. Tell us how serious the situation is, and tell us how to fix it, even though it might be a little painful at times.

Otherwise, we just keep putting pretty yes men in office, and they continue to tell us everything is fine while we go down in flames.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Ron Paul is going to have to explain why he wouldn't have went after Bin Laden as well....that's asking a lot for people to accept. His argument is for the rule of law...i understand....but this was BIN LADEN.

He is after all the man behind 9/11 which killed 3000 Americans.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Dont fall for Herman Cain, he's head of the KC Fed.

Think he doesn't have an agenda?!?

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by kettlebellysmith
Just checked over at Fox News for headlines and found a poll they are running. Who would you like to see debate Obama. Statistically, Dr Paul and Mr Cain are tied. All of the other candidates(including those who have not thrown their hats into the ring) are running a distant second and third.
Even CNN acknowledges that Dr Paul is running a much stronger campaign and getting loads of donations. He won't have to run on a shoestring this time.
America is waking up!
(PS. Herman Cain doesn't sound to bad either, but I haven't had time to research him as much as I'd like.)

Cain worked for the Federal Reserve; he does not think the Federal Reserve needs audited. He admonished the public to learn the Constitution, then mistakenly cited the Declaration of Independence. He should follow his own advice. There's also a scandal:
bossip.com...

I don't trust him one iota. He's just more of the same, imo...

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

He is after all the man behind 9/11 which killed 3000 Americans.

That point alone is debated plenty enough. On top of that, it is pretty easy in hindsight to see that we are now deeply involved in full-scale wars in Iraq and Afghanistan as a result of "going after" OBL, and then we finally got him with a small seal team in Pakistan? Why are we in two full-scale wars in two other countries, if it only took 20 guys to go kill him in Pakistan?

Just playing devil's advocate there, but I think Ron Paul can defend his stance pretty easily, and it might not have been popular in 2004, but I think it will be plenty popular in 2012.

I think the quiet majority supports a laissez-faire approach to foreign policy, and with our country in the state it is in, I think Ron Paul's approach is looking better and better, especially in hindsight to the last 12 years!

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
ain't gonna happen any time soon

Obama would get smoked in the debate
and he knows it.

edit on 6/13/2011 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join