It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deny Ignorance - There ARE Straight Lines and Right Angles in Nature!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by CLPrime
reply to post by Devino

That's right, lasers certainly don't occur naturally.

Wrong.

Natural Laser Found

The laser in the OPs picture is not natural, of course, but it does appear that
coherent light sources do exist in nature.
edit on 14-6-2011 by Version100 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Version100

Ha...nice. Sometimes, I like being wrong. That's pretty cool.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
In my opinion, I think when ever there is a straight line/right angle that is of significant size/length there is a possibility that it was made by man and because of that possibility it should be investigated and researched.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

OP you have offered the most beautiful proof of great geometry in our Universe. Gorgeous and inspiring, it is breathtaking and true to our planet. You have brought Infinity, the calculations for Infinity to your thread OP.

In our Universe, the existence of the ratio is proof there are no straight lines...they only look straight. The Golden Ratio proves that we do not and cannot have a straight line, hence, no right angles specifically. But we have right angles sufficiently! I am in your court on this and would go to the mattresses with you. But they only look like right angles and for those of us having children struggle in math at school, this is why they are struggling.

The beauty of the ratio is that it proves infinity. If we lived in a Universe with straight lines, we would not have an Infinite God! The Golden Ratio as with all ratios never end...never...they go on and on and on into infinity. You have heard the words "We have to round it off." When you heard that, you hit the wall, the infinite wall. An agreement to stop the calculation...and someone pays the penny that rounds it off. Right?

The following is the Golden Ratio. I know you remember Pi. So, this one is the one that proves there are no straight lines. You can try, but the line will be wobbly and hither and yon and it will be so forever.

1.61803398874989484820... (etc.)

So now I want to get to the kicker. These calculations also prove that...

You are infinite. You are infinite OP. It is what makes you quantum... what makes you infinite. Let this sink in because it is true.

For your reference:

The Golden Ratio

What a beautiful thread...it brought everything home for me again. I get so jaded and stressed sometimes.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Laser is man-made, but yea I get your point : light travels in a straight line.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by CLPrime
Honestly, Signals, the laser was probably the best example of straight lines in nature. All elementary particles travel in perfectly straight lines unless some external force (especially electromagnetism) acts on them...in which case they move in geometrically perfect spirals.

Everything in existence that travels at all does this, not just elementary particles.

Originally posted by angelchanneller
In our Universe, the existence of the ratio is proof there are no straight lines...they only look straight. The Golden Ratio proves that we do not and cannot have a straight line, hence, no right angles specifically.

Sorry. Perfectly straight lines and perfect right angles do occur in nature.

Maybe not in geology.

In Geology, it depends on how anal you wanna get with the definition of a straight line. But as was stated, all motion is straight line unless and until some outside force causes acceleration. Then after that, the motion returns to a perfect straight line again.

For perfect right angles, one need only look at the relationship between the magnetic and the electric parts of an electromagnetic wave. They are perfectly perpendicular.

Harte
edit on 6/15/2011 by Harte because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

Everything in existence that travels at all does this, not just elementary particles.

Yes, but we only see straight-line travel in elementary particles, because, in practice, everything else is subject to external forces - in fact, so many external forces that their motion is dramatically less than perfect. Elementary particles are pretty much the only thing that we observe to travel in straight (or otherwise geometrically perfect) paths.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

Well, I was envisioning the line and angle of solid objects, but I take issue with light travel (photons) or any travel that includes particles. The particles are moving as well as the beam itself. I may need to bone up a little on this, but from sub atomic to atomic, nothing stops moving, how can we have a straight line?

As for travel, Photons (vibrate) dance within their trajectory. How can you hope to hold a straight line with photons banging into each other all the time? particles? No particle is still when traveling....I am not certain how to carry on with the conversation. If we look at the mechanics say in a vector in empty space and use a laser pointer...how can you say in our Universe the particles are maintaining a straight line if we slomo both the photons and the beam and then magnified them ...that would be one fuzzy looking line? Yes?

Or have I missed the point?
edit on 15-6-2011 by angelchanneller because: Words missing

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I never heard of anyone saying straight lines and 90 degree angles didn't exist in nature. Hm. I'm not disputing that no has said it, I just never heard of it. Maybe because I always assumed straight lines and right angles did exist naturally. Why wouldn't they?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
reply to post by satron

I think you need to look at the pictures again, nature produces straight lines & right angles.

Many posters here will go to Google Maps, find some "ancient city grid" on the ocean floor, with straight lines and right angles present....then use the argument that it must have been created by man, since nature.........

Maybe my OP was not clear

You make some excellent points regarding natures ability to produce straight lines and right angles ... and backed that up with some wonderful examples.
Unfortunately, however ... and there's ALWAYS an "however" ... all your examples are extremely small in scale from a geological point of view and range in size from very, very small to at most a few hundred metres in length.

In the following example, we are looking at straight lines and right angles over a distance in excess of a 100 KILOMETRES.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ab088d67cf42.jpg[/atsimg]

Do you have any additional examples of straight lines / right angles in nature that come even close to matching the scale of the straight lines / right angles in the above image ?

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Great thread OP! I make artwork exploring geometric and natural patterns, and have seen many of the images you posted before. The hexagon on Saturn is especially striking, is it not?! I remember hearing Jordan Maxwell say in a lecture one time that the ancient symbol for Saturn is a hexagram.. Modern day Judaism uses the hexagram as their main symbol, and worship on the Sabbath, which is Saturday, or SATURN'S day, just as we have SUNday, or MONday (Moon day). Anyways, it is very strange to consider all of this in connection with the hexagon on the pole of Saturn, that is for sure!

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by tauristercus

The pole of Saturn is pretty impressive IMO, also Saturn's rings viewed from the side (or edge) are straight lines.

Do you have any examples of man made structures that are that big AND that old?

Do you realize how long it's been since that could have been dry land?

The sheer scale of it rules out Human involvement....IF it were actually real.

I addressed this in your thread, but I was surprised you didn't post after your OP.

It's image artifacts, that's all. It has been explained.

I want to believe, but this is a dead end road until we can get a sub down there or something.,..

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
reply to post by tauristercus

The pole of Saturn is pretty impressive IMO, also Saturn's rings viewed from the side (or edge) are straight lines.

Yes, they are impressive but let's restrict ourselves to examples here on Earth, shall we ?

Do you have any examples of man made structures that are that big AND that old?

As I stated in my thread, I expressed puzzlement how something of that size AND at the bottom of a 5+ km ocean could possibly be artificial ... so I was deliberately steering away from attributing it to being the result of human activity. Basically I had NO idea how such a structure could be down that deep, irrespective of whether it was natural or artificial.

Do you realize how long it's been since that could have been dry land?

Absolutely no idea at all ... but I would hazard a guess in the vicinity of millions (and millions) of years ... if ever.
Which obviously puts it well out of the reach of homo sapiens.

The sheer scale of it rules out Human involvement....IF it were actually real.

Completely agree with you ... IF it was artificial.
But then, I'm also hard put to come up with a natural geological explanation considering the area it covers is in excess of 15,000 square kilometres. I've NEVER seen another example of "natural geological" geometry on such a stupendous scale !

I addressed this in your thread, but I was surprised you didn't post after your OP.

I created that thread knowing full well I'd be away from my pc for a couple of days immediately afterwards.
Anyway, I posted the info in the thread primarily to generate interest and debate in those who hadn't been aware of the anomaly before and I really didn't have much more to add as I'm just as clueless as everyone else on the subject !

I may not have a definitive explanation for what it is but I am ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN that it is NOT the result of image artifacts, or sonar trawling, or mapping, etc. ... it exists and is real and is sitting on the ocean floor at a depth of 5+ kms.

I want to believe, but this is a dead end road until we can get a sub down there or something.,..

You and me both !

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by tauristercus

Unfortunately, however ... and there's ALWAYS an "however" ... all your examples are extremely small in scale from a geological point of view and range in size from very, very small to at most a few hundred metres in length.

In the following example, we are looking at straight lines and right angles over a distance in excess of a 100 KILOMETRES.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ab088d67cf42.jpg[/atsimg]

Do you have any additional examples of straight lines / right angles in nature that come even close to matching the scale of the straight lines / right angles in the above image ?

Uhmm...those lines aren't straight. Nor parallel. And there's no sense of scale (not sure where that was taken -- other than Google earth)

Have a look at the fault lines in the Mojave desert (they run straight -- or as straight as the lines in that image) for quite awhile. www2.jpl.nasa.gov...

Take a look at the San Andreas fault:
www.universetoday.com...

I'm going to make a bold guess that the image you're showing is from a fault area.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by tauristercus

I may not have a definitive explanation for what it is but I am ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN that it is NOT the result of image artifacts, or sonar trawling, or mapping, etc. ... it exists and is real and is sitting on the ocean floor at a depth of 5+ kms.

You and me both !

What makes you so certain? Where do you think Google got the data from? How do you think that data was acquired? A map is not the territory it represents. There's always the possibility of measurement error. I mean Google just buys the data from different sources and puts them together for everyone to see. So why is it so unthinkable for you that some data might be of less quality?

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I thought I would bring some other examples of nature's wonders since I found this a very intresting thread.

This shell is one I wouldn't want to step on.

More shells to avoid stepping on.

It seems some of the disccusion went a little off topic but was still intresting, I thought I would contribute somthing very related to OP and the angels, points and lines of some of these shells. This doesn't even cover other animal shells like turtles.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Even nuts and bolts are already in nature this picture took my breath away when I first saw it.

Extreme Close up of snowflake

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Signals

Interesting, but I couldn't help noticing that all of the pictures you posted were of macro scale objects. Is it possible that the people saying that there are no right angles in nature are referring to the quantum scale objects, namely particles and atoms, that make up those macro scaled objects? After all, even the sharp angles of crystalline structures are nothing but tiny vibrating spheres at the most fundamental level of their existence.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: LibertyKrueger

a reply to: Signals

Interesting, but I couldn't help noticing that all of the pictures you posted were of macro scale objects. Is it possible that the people saying that there are no right angles in nature are referring to the quantum scale objects, namely particles and atoms, that make up those macro scaled objects? After all, even the sharp angles of crystalline structures are nothing but tiny vibrating spheres at the most fundamental level of their existence.

So are the squared-off man-made surfaces of faced stone. The poster's aim was to deflate the "no right angles in nature" argument often put forward by people that want to believe in some fringe writer's pipe dream.

Harte

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   
^^ couldn't have said it better myself ^^

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join