It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is MTV sponsoring ATS?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by Lono1
If you have any doubt to the accuracy of that statement...

...just examine the existence of this thread. Your statement is false, at least in so far as it relates to ATS.

My statement was:

it is only a matter of time before it (the special interest) starts dictating content.

So, in "context", my statement it is not "false", though it has yet to be proven

But, I sincerely hope that my statement will be disproven. I really do.

And "future" outcomes aside, can you honestly say that is not what has happened to the mainstream media in this country as a whole? Becoming slaves to the advertisers?

Please don't think I am just spewing forth an uneducated opinion here. Having personally served as the Director of Marketing/ Advertising/ Public Relations for a few private "corporations" (some in start-up mode/some established) I know, better than most, that the terrain you now tread upon is a slippery slope indeed.

Don't misunderstand - I am not attacking your decision to take on advertisers. I understand that. I am, however, greatly concerned for the integrity of "your" site, that I have come to view as a voice of reason in the general insanity.
edit on 14/6/2011 by Lono1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Lono1

Considering we've been doing this for 8 years, have had thousands of campaigns run through ATS, I'd say your statement is proven false.

Add the fact we have turned down several campaigns because they wanted us to remove certain content and have been denied other campaigns for the same reason, I'd say it's a non issue entirely. We don't do the bidding of the advertisers, they either "get it" or they don't do business with us.

Springer...

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
Just because MTV has ads on here does not mean they sponsor this site. Hell, Monsanto has ads on here too.

Online advertising is mostly automated.

Yeah, pretty much...

And oddly enough for the OP,the ads you see on your computer, depend on what other sites YOU visit....Cookies anyone?

So, the reason MTV is advertising on your computer is because of the sites you visit and got cookies from.

It's all your fault.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

"future" outcomes aside, can you honestly say that is not what has happened to the mainstream media in this country as a whole? Becoming slaves to the advertisers?

Springer/Skeptic Overlord -I applaud you both for your efforts to date, but no one has addressed the above question. "Money" has a way of changing things, is all I am saying. I know you both are aware of the endless historical examples I am writing about.

Don't get me wrong, you guys are definitely " the best staff on the internet", but please don't be afraid to address the "law of unintended consequences" and dismiss perfectly legitimate concerns- especially given the ongoing example of almost every other media outlet seriously twisting away from its values by this process.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBeezy
yeah the teen wolf thing is a little much. I doubt that 14 yo girls are hittin up ATS on a regulat basis.
I'm 14 and I'm watching a documentary on grief and loss, how are ya doing ?

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

...and dismiss perfectly legitimate concerns- especially given the ongoing example of almost every other...

Do you mean that allowing a public thread that is critical of a current campaign, and the advertiser, to remain alive and active during the course of the ad campaign wasn't enough to dismiss any concerns?

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Yes, my concerns are/have been fully satisfied, but what I was really looking for was your insight as to how ATS will continue to successfully walk the tightrope that so many others have fallen from.

Thanks for all you do...

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

as to how ATS will continue to successfully walk the tightrope

By continuing to provide an excellent venue for people to express their most provocative speculations and theories, in a friendly and collaborative environment, such that excellent content is continually generated by the "smart crowd" that attracts so many people looking to fill in the gaps left by mainstream media that advertisers cannot ignore the quality of our visitors.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by blackrain17
Wait, I thought MTV was owned by the Freemasons.

MTV is part of Viacom which is a publicly-traded company, "owned" by the stock holders.

I'm not sure how you post pics on flicker but...

www.flickr.com...

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Because MTV is promoting "Teen Wolf" like nothing in its history. I have never seen so many consecutive commercials for the same tv show anywhere ever. The show has been impossible to escape without avoid any electronic media altogether. I believe they probably spent a nice little chunk of money on this in the hopes that they can latch onto the fading "Twilight" obsession and probably have a lot of money riding on it. By the way they are promoting it and airing it, I am more surprised it is not popping up randomly in my emails.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SSDDay

Well i find it at best offensive you get into bed with dirty dogs you get fkeas or worse...did any one really think this site was about anything other than making money?

Come on if its called "a-1, or AAA, or great service," you can count on it being a marketing ploy, my internet provider agreement states I have to pay on time or be charged, but it also says they'll try to provide service if possible

Or when was the last time, you got a meal that looked like the hyped photo?

I havent seen a meal that wasn't cooked buy a disgruntled teen making min. wage for 20 yrs, what you think the spiritual nurishment is on such foods? Let alone the real nutritional value of a meal that has more preservitives than calories..

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Sorry , but if you were commiting to such , I suspect you wouldn't admit to it and slow your revenue stream..
Just like unknowncountry of Whitley Strieber, he could care less about info, your soul, life, etc...

Hes there to play you sell books to a group that because of their open minds, they think is gulible!

How many of you brush your teeth with floride toothpaste, claim to know where aliens are etc... yet all you do is type on ATS.com ?

Get up stand up as the marley man says, before you forget any position thats not one of the prostrait nature!

In the service (intel. and op's ) we always denied our propaganda....and chuckled when fools took us at our word!

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Its not "sponsored by"...it called "advertising ON' the site. Educate yourself on the difference and why.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by SSDDay
reply to post by blupblup

I very much disagree with both of you, but that's my opinion.

Whether you disagree or not, they are correct. Ads pay the bills. Can you imagine the spam hole this place would be with no paid staff?

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds
Whether you disagree or not, they are correct. Ads pay the bills. Can you imagine the spam hole this place would be with no paid staff?

The staff of the board do not get paid.

Never have done.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by SSDDay

I would love to find a site that is selective and responsible as to whom it takes advertising dollars from.

One that says we will accept your dollors because we have used the advertisers services personally, found said company to be more than just willing to "do any evil for profit." A place that stands as one, rather than taking as many 30 pieces of silver as it can, saying hey it cost money to run this site!.

Found them to be moral and caring, and should you have a real verifiable protest against said you can prove, we will not only pull from the site said advertisements, if said company does not correct their errors, but will strive to advertise against said advertiser's.

This would be a RESPOSIBLE attitude, and would ward of many would be advertisers whom know they are lowlife's at best for wish not to get a millon dollors worth of bad advertising from us here and our group and mouth's!

MTV is propagating a ebonic speaking, uneducated, unknowing of the past history(and sure to repeat its mistakes) who think like nickle back's songs that selling their souls and belief's for fourtune and fame is great, imagine what siad youths would do to you(or other's than themselves), Yep, they'd turn in their own parents, friends etc... "Just like the nazis youth did!"

Frankley I sure the heck dont want a bathroom I can play baseball in, cause hanging in the john is for those with no life, I dont want a credit card with no limit that i pay 15 millon interest a month on, i want real nutrucious food not a drug dealer on speed dial, not a bunch of stripper's in frankenstien stripper shoes only with me to feel my wallet and empty it 1st chance they get... but if you do thats why I served this land as a warrior so you could choose freely, please do, but dont force me to be stuck with your choice!

On this note Cricket cellular and wireless should be avoided at all costs!
unless you want to sign a aggrement you must pay each month, to a company that in their own agreement with says it basicly will try to provide a service when they can, yet noes not warrent its part of the aggreement...
Deal with devils and demons, you gonna loose!

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Sir, please read my posts to this forum, I'd ask for some responsiblity on your part, to take only advertiser's you have used, found to be above average provider's of services and goods...

I didnt know I was working for the devil (ignorance is no defence) is not responsiblity or good stewardship, and I believe this be a warning to your souls, so when you tell the big guy, "I didn't know what I was doing..."

He might bring up this instance and say hey , yea you did, I sent a stupid lil dumbfounded man one day to awaken you, and you CHOOSE to ignore me(god, not me Im the stupid lil man not any one else, but knowing this I have a chance of gaining knowledge)

But I could well be all wrong too, maybe theres no god, no justice, and I'm only a little fool man, but at least I'm standing up speaking mind, educating my self as best i can, drawing the line in the sand holding my ground, evaluating my self delusions.....not promoting corupt corporations and their goods and services!!

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by cerebralassassins
its all about the shekel,

And with the shekel goes the influence and control.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by mysterioustranger
Its not "sponsored by"...it called "advertising ON' the site. Educate yourself on the difference and why.

Actually, the ad on the home page use to say:
Sponsored Forum: cyptozoology etc.

They indeed were promoting sponshorip, even using that name.
-------------------------------

The first thing that I thought of a week ago,
when I first saw this thread and the sponsorship:

Is that this coincides Directly with the NWO card game deck.

This deck showed the twin towers, japanese disaster,
Pentagon, and now "empty-vee".

Empty Vee is an odd card, and shows a TV
with seemingly mind control waves coming out of it.

Empty Vee = mtv = jersey shore brain rot.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ThreeDeuce

Correct. Look into what major companies own other companies. And then they purphase time in blocks. Sometimes, we dont even realize who's really advert'ing on what and where. "Dont think the companies do either.

<< 1  2    4 >>

join