It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Why is MTV sponsoring ATS?

page: 2
7
<< 1    3  4 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Wait, I thought MTV was owned by the Freemasons.




posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackrain17
Wait, I thought MTV was owned by the Freemasons.




Yeah it is.... It stands for Masonic Television



posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.


Originally posted by SSDDay
I think you need to understand, NO ONE comes here DAILY TO READ ABOUT WEREWOLVES!!! Advertisement does not decide a websites home page layout!!!!! ATS should be representing Ron Paul or something worthy(AKA Japan, deepwater disaster)... Why the represent the trash that brought us here????


And no one watches TV daily to see about new Nike trainers. And no one listen radio to hear about a new McDonalds McBurger. And no one reads a magazine to smell the new Chanel number 17. And no one drives down the street to see a Snickers billboard. Yet. There it is. And you know what. I'm willing to put up with it, because the alternative is that I need to pay to listen radio, pay about ten times as much for my favourite magazine or even worse: having to pay to get access to ATS. So, if it means ATS stays free, they can throw any ad they want to my direction...

The reality is: the big companies enable the "small guy" - like ATS - to exist with their marketing. Yes, they get to stick their stuff in our faces, BUT one thing is for sure, they don't have a say here. At least not more than you, me, or the next guy that's going to post. So, my suggestion is “what ad”? (Or: there is none as blind as the one that does not want to see.
)



As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 13-6-2011 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gemwolf
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.


Originally posted by SSDDay
I think you need to understand, NO ONE comes here DAILY TO READ ABOUT WEREWOLVES!!! Advertisement does not decide a websites home page layout!!!!! ATS should be representing Ron Paul or something worthy(AKA Japan, deepwater disaster)... Why the represent the trash that brought us here????


And no one watches TV daily to see about new Nike trainers. And no one listen radio to hear about a new McDonalds McBurger. And no one reads a magazine to smell the new Chanel number 17. And no one drives down the street to see a Snickers billboard. Yet. There it is. And you know what. I'm willing to put up with it, because the alternative is that I need to pay to listen radio, pay about ten times as much for my favourite magazine or even worse: having to pay to get access to ATS. So, if it means ATS stays free, they can throw any ad they want to my direction...

The reality is: the big companies enable the "small guy" - like ATS - to exist with their marketing. Yes, they get to stick their stuff in our faces, BUT one thing is for sure, they don't have a say here. At least not more than you, me, or the next guy that's going to post. So, my suggestion is “what ad”? (Or: there is none as blind as the one that does not want to see.
)



As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 13-6-2011 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)



Ha we just wouldn't pay and there would just not be a site...

I can not help driving down the road to work (which I HAVE TOO) and see a snickers sign..

I do however can and or can not type in www.abovetopsecret.com
whichever way you want to look at it..

The teen *weeeeear wooooolfssss* stuff is appalling and sick.

Sad day for ats and sad day for a mod who doesn't understand
the difference between a billboard we MUST drive by to get to work (you know man so WE CAN EAT)
and a website we can choose or not choose to visit..

If ATS was paid for there would be NO MEMBERS!!!!

Well there might be a FEW ELITE who can afford it......

Really your from SOUTH AFRICA and your trying to understand what we go THROUGH AS AMERICANS????

We are all human, and ATS CAN decide to or NOT too sponsor an ad..
Is there something you don't understand SIR???

Sure the admins HAVE TO EAT also, but they do not HAVE TO SUBJECT their members
to teen *weeeeeeeeeeerrrreeee woooooooooolllllllffffffffs* ADS.


edit on 13-6-2011 by hillynilly because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by hillynilly
 


So you are saying you have to go online? You have to take that road? You have to become the brain washed victim of an ad from a tv station/music empire-from a publisher-from google because its there?

If it really appals you that much avoid anywhere you will see them, close your eyes do whatever you must to protect your susceptible brain.



posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by hillynilly
I do however can and or can not type in www.abovetopsecret.com
whichever way you want to look at it..

That's completely up to you.



The teen *weeeeear wooooolfssss* stuff is appalling and sick.

While you and I are certainly not the intended audience of the show, this excellent thread would not have been written if not for the MTV ad campaign. Part of the campaign concept was to create a scholarly new thread on "Werewolves" and promote that on the site home as part of MTV's campaign (that's what the center-button clicks-to). And to their credit, the MTV people enthusiastically approved the thread, even though it had very little to do with their show.




edit on 13-6-2011 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackrain17
Wait, I thought MTV was owned by the Freemasons.


MTV is part of Viacom which is a publicly-traded company, "owned" by the stock holders.



posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by hillynilly
I do however can and or can not type in www.abovetopsecret.com
whichever way you want to look at it..

That's completely up to you.



The teen *weeeeear wooooolfssss* stuff is appalling and sick.

While you and I are certainly not the intended audience of the show, this excellent thread would not have been written if not for the MTV ad campaign. Part of the campaign concept was to create a scholarly new thread on "Werewolves" and promote that on the site home as part of MTV's campaign (that's what the center-button clicks-to). And to their credit, the MTV people enthusiastically approved the thread, even though it had very little to do with their show.




edit on 13-6-2011 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)


I totally understand why..

I *personally* do not care what ad's this site WANTS to sponsor...
It is none of my business..

(while i do dislike the teen were wolfzzzz ad's)

I'm not the one who makes the decision on the ad's and *I'M PERSONALLY* not going to be
brain washed by the ad's but that is not to say the *next jared loughner* who visits this site WILL not be..

Don't attack this OP when he has a very valid argument....
edit on 13-6-2011 by hillynilly because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by hillynilly
 


You're kidding me right?

Not only did you miss the point I was trying to make entirely but you also use arguments such as "sad day for a mod who doesn't understand" and "Really your from SOUTH AFRICA and your trying to understand what we go THROUGH AS AMERICANS"?

You're right. A person like me - from a third world country where radio is a luxury and airplanes unheard of - should really not be sticking my nose in this Interwebs marketing business as I'll only be showing my ignorance.

...

OR perhaps you should read my post again? OR perhaps you should start a website of your own the size of ATS and either pay for it out of your own pocket OR run ads that would satisfy 100% of your visitors? Your options are endless actually.



posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gemwolf


OR perhaps you should read my post again? OR perhaps you should start a website of your own the size of ATS and either pay for it out of your own pocket OR run ads that would satisfy 100% of your visitors? Your options are endless actually.


I'm for the underdog..

The op is the underdog in this thread..

ATS did not start THIS BIG..

ATS is an underdog to MSM.

Remember line one.

ATS has a thread specifically for unwanted AD's,
which maybe the OP, should of posted this in...

I merely just HATE MTV and any show with *TEEEN WEEEERE WOLFS*

So I probably have come off a bit of a cinic.

My emotions of hatred for MTV might have came off as bias...



posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by hillynilly
ATS did not start THIS BIG.

Indeed.

And we're happy to share how we got big with others who have similar aspirations. (see the "Monetizing a Smart Crowd" presentation)

A major factor in our growth was a smart and effective combination of ads that provided the revenue needed to effectively respond to the demands on our servers.



posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
well, this at least proves that ats and mtv now share the same target audience and age group for marketing.
wich is 12 to 17.
not something some of us had not already noticed.

oh my, and summer in the northern hemisphere is right around the corner...

and its gonna be one hot flaming summer i predict.


 
Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com
 



posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gemwolf


You're right. A person like me - from a third world country where radio is a luxury and airplanes unheard of - should really not be sticking my nose in this Interwebs marketing business as I'll only be showing my ignorance.


Your right!!!!
Us dumb ass American's we only watch MTV for jackass re-runs..

Or perhaps, the teen were wolfs thing is a BIT overboard...

I'm biting my lip waiting for a response...



posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Ive been on the outs with mtv since they did the big hoo-haa over rap back in the early nineties being ignored on the Grammys....I didnt see the hitch then and I still dont...mtv can go swim....but let'em advertise anywhere they want....get some use out of their money



posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup
 


I absolutely disagree. If a special interest, by way of its advertising dollar, allows a site to keep its doors open, it is only a matter of time before it (the special interest) starts dictating content.

If you have any doubt to the accuracy of that statement, check out ANY mainstream media outlet.

I guess Viacom will deliberately advertise on a site that openly discusses Viacom's membership in the "big five", constantly author threads about media corruption, and routinely expose the media for censoring information and in spite of all that good press, continue to pay for advertising for "teen wolf" despite people on the site calling it a pile of crap.

I dont think so.


edit on 13/6/2011 by Lono1 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gemwolf
And no one listen radio to hear about a new McDonalds McBurger. And no one reads a magazine to smell the new Chanel number 17. And no one drives down the street to see a Snickers billboard. Yet. There it is. And you know what. I'm willing to put up with it, because the alternative is that I need to pay to listen radio, pay about ten times as much for my favourite magazine


edit on 13-6-2011 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)


I'm not *willing to put up with it*
because if it costed to listen to the radio I WOULD NOT pay for it,
or listen to it..

I would not and do not pay for any magazine, nor since I was 12 sniffed one.

ADVERTISEMENT depends on YOU!!

The irony is some people might LIKE the teen were wolfs ad's

I like Flo from the progressive commercial and I LIKE seeing progressive
advertisements on this site because I LIKE FLO!!!!


edit on 13-6-2011 by SkepticOverlord because: corrected formatting error



posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lono1
If you have any doubt to the accuracy of that statement...

...just examine the existence of this thread. Your statement is false, at least in so far as it relates to ATS.



posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
lol
MTV, Monsanto, Scientology, etc etc etc.
ads are ads are ads,... are crap.

Havent seen them in a long time though.





posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by SSDDay
reply to post by captaintyinknots
 


Advertisement does not decide a websites home page layout!!!!!


NO, but the layout decides where the ads go. There are standard ad sizes and you be hard pressed to find an online ad campaign that does not have those sizes. All webdevelopers need to do is decide where to put those banners and whatnot.



posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
If there were not a hundred ridiculous threads about "Illuminati Symbolism in the Latest Music Video!", then we would not be served MTV ads.



new topics

top topics



 
7
<< 1    3  4 >>

log in

join