It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I question you, I also chanllenge you

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
basically I was born an athesist...never a day in my life I believed in god/allah whatever you wishto call him...
So my challenge to all religions is to find me proof of god/allah whatever name hes go by in your religion...I will do my very best not to slander your religion...and if someone..anyone can find and show me proof of god that i cant disprove then you have sent my life into shock, and pretty much converted me to your religion...i only wnat a peacefull debate with no fighting

thank you for your time and comments

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Before anyone can prove anything, they have to say what they classify as valid evidence. We all know how it usually goes: demand a certain piece of evidence, but when it's provided the line in the sand is simply moved and another demand is made. So when someone says "prove such-and-such to me", they need to say what evidence they would accept or it's just a wild goose chase.

In the meantime, I would be more than happy to just tell you why I personally believe there is a God and how I determine which is the right one. There is no need for anyone to rage against someone's own convictions and reasoning, so if anything negative came out of it, it wouldn't be that person's fault but the ones who cannot allow others to express their own beliefs. If you're interested, I can start with links to where I've already written down my beliefs and how I came to them.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Proof is rather subjective.
Keep in mind Faith plays a major role in any religion.
Since there is no answer to every single quesiton, no amount of proof will satisfy you, so this is a bit of a moot point.

No faith = no belief.

One can also turn to you and challenge you to prove that God does not exist.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Why do you want random individuals on the internet to give you a belief system? Look inwards and find your own truth after-all isn't that's what life's about? Developing and evolving with every experience you're presented.

Finding your own personal truth is a fantastic journey and I can't believe you're trying to deprive yourself of it. Religion is a spiritual crutch and will only hinder your spiritual progression but if that's what you need right now then so be it.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SaberTruth

alright send the links...i will gladly look at them..and any evidence..dont mattter where it comes from...even if its your own theory

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
In the Bible aswell as the Quran is a mention that our sky has 7 sky layers or 'commanded by 7 angels'.. Did you know that scientists have unravelled this mystery more then 1900 years later..

Troposphere, magnetosphere, stratosphere, mesosphere, thermosphere, exosphere and ionosphere.

Coincidence you might wonder ? How come they knew this 2000 years ago and scientists only been able to state this as fact +1900 years later ? Also there are many more wonderfull things in those books that give alot more answers.. But also many people sadly do not always understand, or as sad as how it is, try to use it for their own sick gain.

Many only care for more profit and as sad as it is dont care about the prophets.

Hopefully this will make you think differently, dont thrust people to much, thrust you'r own inner gut feeling! Be joyfull!

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by YouDeserveToKnow

Ive pretty much made up my mind on this whole thing here...I just want to know what otheer people think
about it...in my opinion god was made up..amd jesus was just the sun in the sky...i just want people to show me evidence and then we can debate it..im not looking for a religious soul trip...just a friendly debate

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Konstantinos

i will galdly take you up on that..once i get back to my laptop where i have time to think more i will do that..the fastest one for me is how come we have never seen him?

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by 15FORreal

It's not possible to have a friendly religious debate on ATS.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by 15FORreal
reply to post by YouDeserveToKnow

Ive pretty much made up my mind on this whole thing here...I just want to know what otheer people think
about it...in my opinion god was made up..amd jesus was just the sun in the sky...i just want people to show me evidence and then we can debate it..im not looking for a religious soul trip...just a friendly debate

Ok, so, what sort of evidence are you looking for? We have to have some common ground or it will be like trying to nail jello to a wall. Are we accepting the laws of physics (not theoretical but practical)? Do we agree on whether the physical universe is real or imaginary? We need to know the basis of epistemology before we can discuss evidence.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Gap77

the ancients have done this time and time again...I think that they got alot of advanced technology from aliens...because they were very very smart...ecspecially when it came to space...I doubt it had to do with god..they were just masters of the sky, space, stars, everything like that

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

honestly anything at all that has to do with the proving of god...dosent matter what it takes

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

alright send the links...i will gladly look at them..and any evidence..dont mattter where it comes from...even if its your own theory

Ok, here you are:
The Fountain of Truth
testimony

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

i will galdly take you up on that..once i get back to my laptop where i have time to think more i will do that..the fastest one for me is how come we have never seen him?

Come now, is visual observation mandatory for confirmation of existence for things? I have never visually observed oxygen, yet I know it exists.
One can also respond to that by saying that God can be observed in almost everything, the beauty of nature, the practicality of the circle of life etc etc... again, it's a matter of perspective.
For example, a person may look and see a slender insect with knobbed antennae, and four broad, wings of the Lepidoptera family.
Others, see the beauty in God's creation of a butterfly...

Anyhow, I will add my 2 cents wherever I think it will contribute to your thread, but I'm no theologian, or even a philosopher and my opnions are based only on my limited schooling and experiences.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by 15FORreal

ummmmm you exist....consider your mind blown!!!! let me break it down to you like this so you might understand. If the Universe was the NBA then god would be the owner, creator, regulator, and in essence he is the sport itself. The ref's would represent natural science as they are the lawmakers of the game (life) and make sure everything is in working order. The players are of course us. God created things the way they are (gravity, hot, cold, matter, time ect.) because the universe is a machine that needs to function in a way that is sustainable. If god wanted science to point to his existence he would have done so but there would be a MAJOR problem with that. If everyone knew for a fact that god existed and that he did judge us then everyone on earth, every single soul would believe in god out of FEAR not out of FAITH. You have to honestly seek god out with no false intentions in your heart and humble yourself before him. I did and I have never been the same since, and it would help to add that i was an atheist for about 4 years before i gave religion an honest try and ill never regret it.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
The problem I have with this approach is not so much that this guy was born an atheist--I was, too--but that he's set up his "chanllenge" as if he is the judge. We mere mortals will throw stuff his way and he will decide whether the proof is good enough for him to accept or deny. I'm guessing the latter.

I reject the argument. I really don't care whether he believes or not. It doesn't matter to me, but he certainly is not in any sort of superior position to judge the issue. He doesn't show any evidence whatsoever that he even knows what the arguments are. Does he even show a glimmer of knowledge about what St. Thomas Aquainas said on the issue? Does he show any evidence that he knows the teleological arguments other than looking up the word in a dictionary? Has he ever read what Albert Schweizer said on the subject?

This is like a wimp in a wheel chair judging the physical fitness of Navy SEALS. It's a useless argument.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
As for me, I'm not a religious person but a spiritual person. I have had life altering spiritual experiences with beings, maybe angels, gods, or ets from another dimension, I don't know. I can taste, touch and feel my spirituality. I know what I know, and nobody can tell me differently.

I like Thomas Paine's argument in his essay of Deism, in which he states:
"When we see a watch, we have as positive evidence of the existence of a watchmaker, as if we saw him; and in like manner the creation is evidence to our reason and our senses of the existence of a Creator. But there is nothing in the works of God that is evidence that He begat a son, nor anything in the system of creation that corroborates such an idea, and, therefore, we are not authorized in believing it."

Then, on the other hand, is it posible that, for the person that has never experience spirituality, it may be just as natural as color blindness? In other words, a person who is blue/green color blind takes it as "faith" that the color blue/green does indeed exist. Meanwhile others may deny its existance altogether, saying people who believe in blue/green are just crazy and connot prove its existance.. Could it be that you are not naturely geneticly predisposed to the "spiritual experience." No one should ask you to believe in something that you can't feel, see, taste or touch.

What do you think?

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by windword

as far as the colour blind thing goes its interesting...we have proof from everyone who is not blind to those colours that they are real..nobody in are era have seen god...maybe in dreams and and what not...but never in the flesh...once science finds him...he is real..we have found incredible things in space with telescopes...but not once have we seen an image of a guy in the clouds

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Dude...I have no clue what ur talking about..im looking for you to give me evidence and what you think...your right..I dont know half the things you just said...im15 for god sakes...for all i know you could have a PHD in Religion...and i never claimed that i was better than you...you can read what I said as much as you want...its not going to say that anywhere...I just want to know what people think and then...maybe debate it

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   

but other use oxygen...scientist use the oxygen particles to make things and what not...for the matter of needing to see it... I could easily say I jut6s say a 28757848750923 ft tall snake with 9 legs 45 arms...but i am the only one who saw it..and there is no evidence to disprove its existence...therefore it must be real?!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join