It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A different side to soldiers of the IDF

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Something positive for a change.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
A different side to soldiers of the Nazi SS

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8c58da77da54.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
What is positive on religious zealots and religious zealots with guns?
This Rabbi should invite few palestinian childern to enjoy his nice swimming pool and barbecue.
That will be positive.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zmurfix
What is positive on religious zealots and religious zealots with guns?
This Rabbi should invite few palestinian childern to enjoy his nice swimming pool and barbecue.
That will be positive.

Seriously. And the rabbi seemed so smug and self-congratulatory, too. Well, there's a lesson in this somewhere....

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

What the hell is wrong with you?

The entire time he was thanking G-d for the merit to help the soldiers; whats self congratulatory about that?

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally
reply to post by Ex_CT2

What the hell is wrong with you?

The entire time he was thanking G-d for the merit to help the soldiers; whats self congratulatory about that?

After much thought, I've decided there is no reply I can make to this. I'm likely to say something I'll regret or violate the T&C.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

So in other words, your views are flagrantly racist or anti-semitic. Understood. A Rabbi cannot say anything without coming off as smug to you.

Only a demented, hateful person can watch that man speak and not be endeared by his kindliness, and self sacrifice for other people.

Compare this with ANY OTHER VIDEO from an arab army, or Hamas, Fatah. Have fun trying to find people as peace loving and sensitive to the spiritual as these group of people. All youll find is "Israel is a Satan! Kill the zionist enemy" and things of that emotional content. ..

Seeing this side of the IDF was meant to show you the very real, Human, and indeed democratic spirit of Israelis. Somehow mindless liberals support the arab islamic nationalists. As if your interests were in anyway the same.

Its just insanity. Any democratic minded person should see that religion - Judaism - does not interfere with the rules of democracy the way sharia does. But apparently you think Palestinians/Muslims dont have much of a care for sharia. They want our system apparently. Even though no where in the Kuran does it say "render unto caeser, that which is caeser" like it does in the christian new testament, thus explaining how secularism - the separation between church and state - developed in the western world. But, apparently, the muslim paradigm which has ruled the nations of the Islamic world for over 1300 years is only an abberation. All of them now are willing to submit to western notions, and western technology, and western philosophy. As if they had no self pride left.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

reply to post by Ex_CT2

Any democratic minded person should see that religion - Judaism - does not interfere with the rules of democracy the way sharia does.

That's because the State of Israel has a secular/western-type government. If Israel was run by religious Jews and by strict Jewish law, you would have another Saudi Arabia, Iran, Libya, etc. Israeli Arabs and Christians would've fled years ago, had that been the case LOL. Granted it's NO WAY AS BAD as Sharia law, but it would still be very difficult to live a western/free lifestyle in that type of society. The less countries run by religious dogma, the better...

As for your topic... there's no point in trying to show people the "good side" of the IDF. Especially when you're dealing with people who are trained to point out every negative about Jews or "Zionists"(if that even exist today lol). Of course, it's 90% BS but sheep cannot think for themselves. Eventually, the truth will come out(for the sheep), but I'm afraid things will just get worse before that happens...

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by DJAghetto

It is true that democracy doesnt jibe with Orthodox traditional Judaism and its code of law (halakah), but on the other hand, when compared with Islam and its historical record, Judaism is a great deal more forgiving to Bnei Noach (a concept which applies to righteous gentiles that accept the 7 noahide laws; which are: to renouce idolatry, not to blaspheme G-ds name, not to kill, steal, act sexually immoral, or harm animals/nature) than Muslims have historically been to "people of the book". And i say this with complete objectivity. Having studied both perspectives; Muslims toward Non-Muslims and Jews towards non- Jews. I would much prefer to live in a Jewish state under rabbinic law then in a Muslim country under Shari'a.

Read Bat Yeors "Dhimmitude" or "The Legacy of Jihad". Both books provide ample evidence - taken from preeminent Islamic theologians and Jurists - of how a Musim authority is to relate to their Dhimmis (which more or less means slave). First theres an enormous head tax called the Jizya which all Christians, Jews and Zoroastrians have to pay at the head of the year. (the jizya is not meant to apply to pagans ie; polytheists, but it was nevertheless instituted in India). This Jizya was a fairly large sum that insured that the Jew and Christian would remain indigent amidst their Muslim superiors. The more wealthy the Jew or Christian, the larger the Jizya.

In regards to Jews, many Muslim theologians like Al Ghazali and Avicenna dictated that a Jew was not to ride a horse or camel, but only a Mule or Donkey. And when passing by a Muslim, he had to ride side saddle. In some Muslim lands, a Jew was to make the effort to walk by a Muslim on his left; to indicate his being the incarnation of the satan. Likewise, in other lands like Morocco and Libya, Jews were forced to wear Badges to indicate their being Jewish; this is actually where the practice originated and only later applied in Spain, France and Germany.
There was also the practice of affixing wooden demons to the front doors of Jews and Christians. There was also a practice of forcing Jews to wear different colored socks; or to wear a single color clothing. And lets not forget the not so infrequent massacres.

All of the above is just an example of the contempt that is INSTITUTIONALIZED in Islamic socieities against their non-Muslims inhabitants.

As for Jewish law. First, a distinction has to be made. Jewish law applies only towards the land of Israel. The entire purpose of the Jewish people - in their eyes - is not to "take over the world" as Islam overtly intends, but simply to take hold of one piece of land - from the nile river to the Jordan river - and establish a Jewish state there. Thus, Jewish law is localized to just Israel, whereas Islamic law is designed to be applied to all areas conquered by Islam; hence why Islam separates the world into "Dar al Islam" - House of submission and "Dar al Harb" house of war. Meaning, Islam intends to conquer the whole world. Its a basic principle of its purpose and mission, and what they think the Imam Mahdi - the 12th and final imam - will accomplish when he manifests himself on earth.

Jewish law regards all non-Jews living in a "theocratic" Israel as 2nd class citizens. They arent allowed to serve in government positions or in any other positions of power and authority, lest they jeopardize Jewish interests and values; which in a Torah based society is to enforce to the letter the Halakah. So, in any positions of power, both in government and the private sphere, only Jews can be in a position of power and authority.

Thus, if a Muslim or Christian desires to live in an Israel ruled by Jewish law, they would have to accept this 2nd class citizen status, which in anycase should be understood as a practical means of insuring the fidelity of Jewish religious interests.

As for Taxes - there might be an additional tax, although from what i understand about this issue in Jewish law there are contrary views. Some hold that non-Jews living in Israel must pay an additional tax, while others say they should be treated the same as Jews (citing the verse "you shall treat the citizen and stranger the same. there shall be one law for all").

But this is about as far as the "humiliation" of non Jews goes. Non - Jews are to be treated with respect; mandated by the Halakah. They are not to be abused or mistreated, unlike in the case of Jews and Christians living in Muslim lands, who are routinely subject to emotional, financial and physical abuse. There is no affixing demons to the front doors, and there is no forcing Jews or Muslims to live in run down areas as was customary for Jews living in Egypt and Yemen.

In the end, while there are similarities between Jewish and Islamic religious law, there are also major differences; as shown, the Orthodox rabbis are much more "liberal" and considerate of G-d being a G-d of love and mercy rather then a judge and executive, as hes more commonly looked at in Islam.

The differences lie in the religion itself. Is Judaism for everyone? Or is it for those sincerely desirous to "Connect" to G-d by accepting Judaism, and performing all of its 613 commandments? Judaism is not a "universal religion" in the sense that it does not seek to regulate anything but moral conduct. As long as people are not killing, stealing, acting sexually immoral, hurting animals or nature, worshipping idols or misusing the power of speech, they are happy to see people cultivate whatever native traditions they have.

The less countries run by religious dogma, the better...

Well, to be fair, even secularism has its own religious dogma.

I think each nation should have the right to install their own form of government; whatever that may be, as long as it adheres to universal ideas of morality. If "non Muslim" or "Non Jews" are emotionally, financially or physically abused in anyway, it deserves total and complete condemnation. But if people are treated with respect and civility, but its only the philosophy of life differs, i think thats fine and indeed praiseworthy. I prefer diversity to the current ideal of liberalism, democracy and secularism.

People seem to think that secularism is not a religion. That it is somehow "beyond" religion, because it denies the reality of the sacred. Does this then mean that denial of the sacred is not initself a sacredly held to belief? Is that not what religio means?
edit on 16-6-2011 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Religion and Politics shouldn't mix.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Hitler was a left wing secularist.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

"MY LORD AND SAVIOR . . . IN THE BOUNDLESS LOVE AS A CHRISTIAN . . . HE HAD TO SHED HIS BLOOD UPON THE CROSS. My feelings as a Christian point me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter. It points me to the man who once in loneliness, surrounded only by a few followers, recognized these Jews for what they were and summoned men to fight against them. This is God's truth! He was greatest not as a sufferer but as a fighter. In boundless love as a Christian and as a man I read through the passage which tells us how the Lord at last rose in His might and seized the scourge to drive out of the Temple the brood of vipers and adders. How terrific was His fight for the world against the Jewish poison. Today, after two thousand years, with deepest emotion I recognize more profoundly than ever before in the fact that it was for this that He had to shed His blood upon the Cross. As a Christian I have no duty to allow myself to be cheated, but I have the duty to be a fighter for truth and justice....Adolf Hitler

Religion and Politics shouldn't mix.......PERIOD

It panders one religion,over others. I personally believe religion is evil.

If you love God,you dont need a Religion to do it. MHO

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by DJAghetto

Well, I'd say the state of Israel aims to, or tries to (or pretends to?) have a "secular/western-type" government. It's pretty far from that goal currently, and saying "At least it's better than it's neighbours" is not really a good excuse ("Hey, the man might be a wife-beater, but at least he's not a rapist").

And I'd say that if Israel had strict jewish laws, derived from their scripture, it'd be a whole lot worse than anything even the strictest interpretations of sharia could come up with: no divorce for women, wives "inherited" by their brothers in laws when their husbands die, no religious learning for women, isolating and separating women when they are having menstrual periods (or after they give birth) because they are "impure", death for any man who marries a non-jew, death for any who insult their parents, death for anyone who violates the sabbath, any non-jew living in this state, or living nearby would be fair-game for capture and slavery, and that's just scratching the surface of it.

Dontreally, the reason that few are finding anything all that "positive" about this is because it's just an israeli rabbi who is doing nice things for israeli soldiers (who are preparing for fighting that some here find reprehensible). If he had been helping out palestinians, or if he had been helping out some sick, or poor, or people in need (jewish, muslim, christian, whatever), then it would be something to marvel at. I'm sure there are many rabbis who do this, but just not this rabbi in this instance.

This is just an instance of patriotism, and while a little patriotism is always good, showing people a citizen of another country, being patriotic towards that country....just isn't interesting. It'd be like someone saying "Look at this indian hindu priest and how he's so nice to these indian soldiers" or "look at this iranian imam and how he's so nice to these iranian soldiers".

edit on 16-6-2011 by babloyi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

"MY LORD AND SAVIOR . . . IN THE BOUNDLESS LOVE AS A CHRISTIAN . . . HE HAD TO SHED HIS BLOOD UPON THE CROSS. My feelings as a Christian point me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter. It points me to the man who once in loneliness, surrounded only by a few followers, recognized these Jews for what they were and summoned men to fight against them. This is God's truth!

Yes. Pandering. Hitler pandered towards Catholics here. Catholics historically have hated Jews - for the ostensible reason of killing their god - and thus speaks as another "hater" of Jews to rthem.

But on a deeper level; on the esoterica, and metaphysical doctrine behind Christianity, Hitler was speaking as a christian here. Definitely not a traditional, "moral" Christian, but a Christian in the gnostic sense.

Today, after two thousand years, with deepest emotion I recognize more profoundly than ever before in the fact that it was for this that He had to shed His blood upon the Cross. As a Christian I have no duty to allow myself to be cheated, but I have the duty to be a fighter for truth and justice....Adolf Hitler

Ok. Now contrast this obvious display of sychophancy with this

We are the joyous Hitler youth,
We do not need any Christian virtue
Our leader is our savior
The Pope and Rabbi shall be gone
We want to be pagans once again.” -

Song sung by Hitler youth

“They refer to me as an uneducated barbarian. Yes, we are barbarians. We want to be barbarians, it is an honored title to us. We shall rejuvenate the world. This world is near its end.”

Providence has ordained that I should be the greatest liberator of humanity. I am freeing man from the restraints of an intelligence that has taken charge, from the dirty and degrading self-mortification of a false vision called conscience and morality, and from the demands of a freedom and independence which only a very few can bear.” - Rauschning, Hitler Speaks, p. 222

“The heaviest blow which ever struck humanity was Christianity; Bolshevism is Christianity’s illegitimate child. Both are inventions of the Jew.” - Norman Cameron and R.H. Stevens, trans., (Oxford, 1953), Hitler's Table-Talk, p. 7

“The law of selection justifies this incessant struggle, by allowing the survival of the fittest. Christianity is a rebellion against natural law, a protest against nature. Taken to its logical extreme, Christianity would mean the systematic cultivation of the human failure.” - Norman Cameron and R.H. Stevens, trans., (Oxford, 1953), Hitler's Table-Talk, p. 51

“The earth continues to go round, whether it’s the man who kills the tiger or the tiger who eats the man. The stronger asserts his will, it’s the law of nature. The world doesn’t change; its laws are eternal.” - Norman Cameron and R.H. Stevens, trans., (Oxford, 1953), Hitler’s Table-Talk, p. 38-39

The final statement is textbook Malthusian-Darwinism.

Hitler was a secularist. He wanted society COMPLETELY removed from the sacred; he despised the sacred, hence him taking such pride in being a "barbarian" - to save the world from that digusting Jewish "invention" called conscience.

Is this what will make the world better? Is it mere coincidence, that the greatest numbers butchered in Human history have been perpetuated by non-religious secular movements; Adolph Hitler, Joseph Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot etc?

Religion isnt the problem. The problem is much more complicated then just saying "religion" as if there arent perfect examples of upright religious communities. A major problem is the politicization of religion; of saying my creed is above yours. Thats obvious BS. But in asserting morals and a higher standard of living - a religious ideal - wanting the sacred to be made law - as it is in Judaism and Islam - i see absolutely no problem with this. Infact, on the contrary, it is the leftist, secular Hitler types who refuse to accept a philosophy/ideology that disagrees with their own.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by babloyi

This is just an instance of patriotism, and while a little patriotism is always good, showing people a citizen of another country, being patriotic towards that country....just isn't interesting. It'd be like someone saying "Look at this indian hindu priest and how he's so nice to these indian soldiers" or "look at this iranian imam and how he's so nice to these iranian soldiers".

I completely understand your point.

But, in the case of the 2nd lebanon war, it is really hard - bordering on inexplicable - to say that this war was "reprehensible" when Hizbollah militants were shooting rockets into Northern Israeli towns; killing people and damaging infrastructure. And the direct provocation itself was Hizbollah kidnapping 3 Israeli soldiers.

How come when they are intigating and attackng and doing everything possible to provoke an Israeli response, that when Israel responds, its still regarded as if this position were an immutable attitude towards Israel, as "reprehensible". ?

In anycase. I still think this shows a side to Israeli soldiers that we dont usually see. And, additionally, i have never seen such normal, cheerful and such wholesome displays of affection - in a political context - from Arabs/Muslims, without them utterring some hateful, libelous imprecations against Israel, Zionists, Jews or Judaism.

This thread was meant to point out how much more Israelis are like us westerners then Muslims are. Unfortunately, and something any person knowledgeable of middleeastern politics, history, and Islam would know, the majority of Muslim from Muslim countries have a general aversion to western values and influence. and its completely understandable. In many ways i agree with it. I think Shari'a, minus the denigrating and degrading policies towards non muslims - dhimmi - should be something held as sacred to a Muslim. If they want to unite the state with the religion; if they want to make sure that the sacred exercizes complete control over the mundane, and if this is their particular notion of how man should relate with reality, then they have every right to do so. Western values and "secularism" - the idea that church should be separated from state - is a western created construct; born out of Christianity. Islam doesnt share this because Islam had no precursor in its religious foundations; the Kuran - for the state to be separated from the religious beliefs of its constituents.

With this said, radical Islam has caused Muslims, especially in the Middleeastern countries - palestine, syria, Egypt, Lebanon especially, to foster a religious philosophy that borders on death worship. Hamas sends human beings into Israeli towns and cities to blow themselves up; killing Jews with them. Hamas - in the Gaza strip - has Gazans being taught that Jews are apes, that everything Judaism says is a lie; no temple existed (which is funny enough, since the kuran talks about solomon - the very man who built the temple), even though ancient historians acknowledge the existence of a Jewish Temple (Cicero, Seneca, Tacitus, Josephus, Philo etc), and if that doesnt work, they'll say what has been increasingly said (without any basis. Ashkenazi Jews have been shown to have a genetic genome shared by other semites) that Ashkenazi Jews (who mke up only half of Israel; the other half are Sephardim - Jews from Arab lands) are "not Jews" but khazarians..... Who do they cite? not someone worthy of being cited. A serial rapist - womanizer, and drug user, who himself embodied a lifestyle completely anathema to traditional Jewish values, arthur koestler. Ignorance is a horrible thing. The very motto of this site is : Deny igorance. Well, heres some knowledge for those who cite Koestler. Look up Sabbateanism, or Frankism. Not all Jews like being Jews. Not all Jews, see being Jewish as "special". Some jews infact hate - with a greater passion then any antisemite - the religion of Judaism. They despise its morals. They despise its philosophy. They are pagans; in the metaphysical sense of the term, in every manner shape and form .This is the basic philosophy of Sabbateanism, That the profane, is infact sacred. That evil is ultimately good. Its a reversal of traditional Jewish values and infact a descent into ancient pagan/dionysian thought,. So, there are many Jews who identify with this philosophy. Who actively participate in anti-semitic activities. Who lie non-stop. Who do things that actually create anti-semitism. They do this because they are in league with the enemies of Judaism.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
PR machine rolls out damage control.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

This thread was meant to point out how much more Israelis are like us westerners then Muslims are.

Seriously?!

No...really...seriously?
Has it got so far that you have to reach for the argument that "We're so much alike, you and I! Not like those death cultists! Support us, and forget about them!"

Oh, look at the Israelis, they're so much more like "us westerners". The muslims are not! They're just evil robots belonging to a death cult! Support the Israelis, they're more human than the muslims, they're rabbis support their soldiers! Doesn't matter if we kill and decimate these evil death cult robots, the Israelis are more like us westerners anyway! Besides, there's no such thing as 'Palestinian', it's just a pretend thing, so it's okay to pull down their houses and populate ourselves on their land. They didn't even deserve it in the first place, because we were here first!

What on earth are you trying to say?! WHAT?

You know, everyone has their biases, I admit, but sometimes I am amazed at the lengths some people can blind themselves. Now I'm sure there are even many such people on the muslim end of the spectrum, but that you claim the israelis are "more like westerners" (and thus apparently have the moral higher ground? I'm not sure), you make me fear very much for the future of humanity.

Besides...."Us westerners"? Aren't you israeli? Ohwait...yes, I suppose racially, the Israelis are much more like the "Westerners" than the local Palestinians.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
OK, this needs to be answered.

So in other words, your views are flagrantly racist or anti-semitic.

So you see any vilification of Israel as "antisemitic". Gotcha. What about the Israelis that have a problem with their own gov't? Like say, Machsom Watch:

en.wikipedia.org...

Self hating Jews? Or people that know what's going on and want to ease tensions in the region? Are they antisemitic?

Compare this with ANY OTHER VIDEO from an arab army, or Hamas, Fatah. Have fun trying to find people as peace loving and sensitive to the spiritual as these group of people. All youll find is "Israel is a Satan! Kill the zionist enemy" and things of that emotional content. ..

You've got the same thing in reverse with the Knesset. The only difference is that they have the nations power in their hands. Including nuclear weapons.

Seeing this side of the IDF was meant to show you the very real, Human, and indeed democratic spirit of Israelis.

They're human after all. It's not them I have a problem with. It's the madmen that hold the leash to the IDF.

Its just insanity. Any democratic minded person should see that religion - Judaism - does not interfere with the rules of democracy the way sharia does.

We're not talking religion here though. We're talking politics. And the Knesset is as unbending as ANY other gov't in the world. I have NO problem with Jews.

Even though no where in the Kuran does it say "render unto caeser, that which is caeser" like it does in the christian new testament, thus explaining how secularism - the separation between church and state - developed in the western world.

That's because Israel was under Roman rule at the time of Christ. Too bad most nations didn't listen to him. If you think there is a separation of church and state in the western world, watch an election. It's clear NO ONE got Jesus words.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by babloyi

What on earth are you trying to say?! WHAT?

Well i obviously didnt mean that.

In war - who do people generally support? Those you share the same interests with. If someone is more like me....i will support him. If his interests oppose mine, then i will oppose him.

Does Israeli culture and democracy resonate with what were used to in the west ? Yes. Was i then implying that Muslims are weird death-worshipping robots. No. not at all. Im just pointing out the existence of a Pan-Arab federation - the arab league - which seeks to establish a new caliphate based on Shari'a law, which as we all know here in the west doesnt jibe with our sense of values. Is that wrong? No. They have their values, we have ours. As long as their values dont cause the subjugation of non-muslims living amongst them - which it in fact does, quite intensely (this being a major problem for christians living in Muslim lands) - then we should be "liberal" and allow others who disagree with the western secular value system to do as they desire.

You know, everyone has their biases, I admit, but sometimes I am amazed at the lengths some people can blind themselves. Now I'm sure there are even many such people on the muslim end of the spectrum, but that you claim the israelis are "more like westerners" (and thus apparently have the moral higher ground? I'm not sure), you make me fear very much for the future of humanity.

You have nothing to fear from me. Im a much nicer and more compassionate person with a higher regard for truth and justice then the majority of the posters at this site.

I recognize that Muslims are normal human beings; but in some important senses, they are not. This is especially poignant in their attitude towards the two satans: America, the great Satan, and Israel, the little Satan. I understand their distrust of America, and i understand their anger with the imposition of its culture of Muslims.. But what about Israel. Why cant a jewish state thrive on its ancient homeland? Jews have always lived there. They are a different people, entitled to the same dignity that Arabs have been abundantly blessed with. but why no state of a reasonable size for Jews? Why is the nile to the Jordan to big? Why cant the Kurds have their own state?

Do you get why Arabs and their oil power annoys me? The idea that Jews exercize any power whatsoever is simple anti-semitic garbage; a perception created by the very Jewish bankers like the rothschilds (sabbateans) and others who for no reason whatsoever, have maintained their power as a banking dynasty. Theyre intelligent, sagacious people no doubt. But dont think they dont fulfull a role that they want to fulfill. They want to convey ideas about Jews. But in the case of arabs; there is an actual raw commodity that their lands have in higher concentration then other lands. Thats why appeasing Arab interests is important for europeans/americans and even China/Russia. They are a power in themselves, the Arab league. Jews are like an ant compared to them.
edit on 16-6-2011 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

So you see any vilification of Israel as "antisemitic". Gotcha.

Umm. you completely distorted the context in which i said that.. He said the rabbi was "smug". I replied. And then he replied back saying he better not reply, because if he did it would be an infration of the Terms and conditions of this site. Implying that what he wanted to say was something actually, and not possibly, anti-semitic.

how else can you explain this guy being so annoyed by a Rabbi who to me appeared as loving and self effacing. For him to find him "smug" implies something about himself.

Self hating Jews? Or people that know what's going on and want to ease tensions in the region? Are they antisemitic?

Do you know what Sabbateeanism is? Forget for a second about those "Who know whats going on". do you know what Sabbatean and frankism is? Its a philosophical approach to "judaism". Such people are 'self hating' in the sense that they dislike or despise the traditional 'spirit' that being Jewish represents.

Ignoramuses will never understand the meaning of 'self hating jews' until they learn something about the above two subjects. It is a complicated, philosophical issue at its roots.

They're human after all. It's not them I have a problem with. It's the madmen that hold the leash to the IDF.

Oh please. Madmen? You think the Israeli elite are any less mad then those ruling Iran? Theyre both mad.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join