It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 Most Influential People in the Alternative Media (2011)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Ok, No idea whatsoever on where to post this so it's here. If the mods want it somewhere else, feel free.

www.activistpost.com...

Many readers will expect to see Matt Drudge or Arianna Huffington on this list. Although they both indeed have leading Internet news websites that cover some fringe stories and report on systematic injustices more so than the mainstream media, they primarily aggregate mainline news. Therefore, they are excluded from our "alternative media" label.

The criteria we've chosen to base these rankings of the most influential alternative media figures are the following;

* people that have the courage to seek the truth no matter where the information leads them;
* those with the courage to question 9/11;
* those who don't buy into the false left-right political paradigm;
* those who are grounded in peace and liberty;
* those with the communication skills and platform to affect real change.

Here's #10 and #1

Follow the link for the ones in between.

I will give you a teaser tho...Adam is in there.

www.activistpost.com...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e8c113781dca.jpg[/atsimg]
10. Dr. Paul Craig Roberts: Paul Craig Roberts is one of the most respected columnists in the alternative media. His syndicated articles can be seen on many leading alternative news websites including Lew Rockwell, Infowars, Counterpunch, InformationClearingHouse and countless others.

That's right...AJ made #1!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7a0cd8ff409d.jpg[/atsimg]
1. Alex Jones: Love or hate his style, Alex Jones is the King of alternative news. His radio show reaches millions per day; his movies like Fall of the Republic and The Obama Deception have been seen by tens of millions the world over on Youtube and elsewhere; his website rankings for Infowars and PrisonPlanet are off the charts with many investigative articles frequently supported by Drudge, and many on his staff are nearly deserving of being in the top-10 in their own right.

I am surprised that Springer isn't here? Or is his identity so well hidden that he is indeed on the list but we just don't know about it?

What say you Springer?

IMO...whether you like or dis-like...agree or dis-agree with any of these people, they have all contributed to so many in so many ways that they are the tru heroes of our time.

What gets me is Jesse Ventura didn't even make the honorable mention list? I think he should be in here somewhere:

Honorable Mention

* Shepard Ambellas, Alex Thomas: True investigative reporters who share their knowledge at TheIntelHub.com They are fearless journalists who utilize the full range of the Internet to release their intel.
* Cassandra Anderson: Writer and editor for MorphCity.com, as well as G. Edward Griffin's news editor and research assistant. She is one of the leading experts on Agenda 21 and the globalist plan of collectivization.
* James Corbett: Terrific analyst, researcher, writer, web TV presenter and founder of CorbettReport.com
* Rady Ananda: Brilliant investigative journalist and editor for blogs Food Freedom and COTO Report whose work has been published across the Internet on all major alternative media news sites.
* Doug Owen: Oracle Radio personality and producer and operator of BlacklistedNews.com

More honorable mentions here:

www.activistpost.com...

edit on 13-6-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
You want alternative/underground influence? You have to be down with the wicked clown.
Woot Woot!

Yes I've heard Alex Jones. Very smart individual
edit on 13-6-2011 by AlteredTom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
People need to be careful with a general term like " Alternative Media". That's alot of paint for one brush. I don't hear so much UFO chatter, history crap beyond TPTB stuff on A.J's show. we all like our flavor of alternative.. I think it would be hard to say/rank this kind of thing.
edit on 13-6-2011 by BlackOops because: drunk

edit on 13-6-2011 by BlackOops because: more drunk

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOops
People need to be careful with a general term like " Alternative Media". That's alot of paint for one brush. I don't hear so much UFO chatter, history crap beyond TPTB stuff on A.J's show. we all like our flavor of alternative.. I think it would be hard to say/rank this kind of thing.
edit on 13-6-2011 by BlackOops because: drunk

edit on 13-6-2011 by BlackOops because: more drunk

Agreed,

I think that may be why these people all come from different angles and interests.

Can't just have one crazy making the MSM crazy.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I've been thinking while watching Alex Jones' coverage of the Bilderberg meeting that the "real" media not covering the meeting kind of turns everything on its head. Here is the guy who is supposed to be the nut putting a team of reporters on the ground at the most important story of the week, and the other outlets are following around a guy who took a picture of a little man he calls his "Congressman". So who is the real media now? Alex Jones is starting to look more and more like Murrow or Cronkite.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aleister
I've been thinking while watching Alex Jones' coverage of the Bilderberg meeting that the "real" media not covering the meeting kind of turns everything on its head. Here is the guy who is supposed to be the nut putting a team of reporters on the ground at the most important story of the week, and the other outlets are following around a guy who took a picture of a little man he calls his "Congressman". So who is the real media now? Alex Jones is starting to look more and more like Murrow or Cronkite.

Many don't like AJ and I have my on and off times with him also.

I have always said that like him or not, he has brought a lot of people out of slumber and they can then go on to find other sources. But AJ has the camera and it helps.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
WHAT?!?!

No Gerald Celente???

Im glad to see David Icke up on there... I may not fully agree with his reptilian theories, but most everything is spot on

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by morder1
WHAT?!?!

No Gerald Celente???

Im glad to see David Icke up on there... I may not fully agree with his reptilian theories, but most everything is spot on

There are many not on the list so Celente wasn't important enough I guess.

I forgot about him but yes, valid question.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Alex Jones claims on his radio show that Homeland Security has followed him and Jesse Ventura in black SUV's with U.S. Government plates, they follow him around town when he is not working and park in front of his house and radio station. But my main concern is that Alex Jones has said numerous times that he "was told not to talk about" some thing by Homeland Security. For me that's as good as saying my show is censored and compromised, you can no longer trust me for the complete truth on a issue. So as I see it, Alex Jones has been infiltrated and I will no long listen to him, not consider him 1 of the top 10 Alternative Media mover shakers.

new topics

top topics

join