It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Controversial mcdonalds hoax

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

An online hoax that falsely suggests McDonald's discriminates against African-American customers is causing a PR headache for the Golden Arches. But there's no doubt it's fake. As some Twitter users have pointed out, the toll-free number given at the bottom of the sign is actually the number for ... Kentucky Fried Chicken

I found this on yahoo, i did a search and i don't think anyone posted this yet, its funny if you ask me. Who is the bigger fool those who believed it or the people who hoaxed it?

RACIAL HOAX

edit on 13-6-2011 by reesie45 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
well we had a german version of that against muslim lookalikes..

i must admit i was laughing about it ..and for some seconds i wasnt sure if its true..or not..and you know why?

cause in a big city like here in berlin..you dont need to be a racist to get angry about some kind of people..cause the behavior some of them have is out of my understanding...

but im sure there also people on the "targets" side who laugh about it ..

sorry for ma bad english
[
edit on 13-6-2011 by angrydog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by angrydog

Oh your English is better than most English speakers

But I Think this is funny, sure its wrong, but it didn't do any harm. It would be different if it had racial words but they politely said African American, how much more courteous can you get?

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Eww, somebody's still eating that GMO laced food. Oh good lord, they are. *Shakes head*

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
my credo allways was...if you cant laugh about yourself...something is wrong with you.

some people should learn this...

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I cant believe that people would believe this is real, i dont think they would in the Uk, or maybe they would, reminds me of that time a few years ago, when people thought mcdonalds was giving money to the IRA. Burger it!!! Mcdonalds PR dept must work hard.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by angrydog

Oh that's definitely right, i agree.
People just need to relax and sit back and laugh. Everyone is too serious these days, its not fun to be alive anymore.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedoctorswife
I cant believe that people would believe this is real, i dont think they would in the Uk, or maybe they would, reminds me of that time a few years ago, when people thought mcdonalds was giving money to the IRA. Burger it!!! Mcdonalds PR dept must work hard.
Micky Dees in cahoots with the ira lmao you kidding me?

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by reesie45

I think the hoax does have a basis, to a degree. You see more McDonalds, peddling their cheap crap in inner city neighborhoods than anywhere else. This "supposed food" has been found to be detrimental to your health if eaten in quantity.

You also see that African-Americans, (I hate hyphenating) people have a higher rate of diabetes. McDonalds can't be helping that at all.

Watch “Super Size Me” and see what it does to that cat. Now we have whole neighborhoods that subsist on this stuff.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Your right, yes you are, but people have a choice of what they consume, So no one is to blame but the individuals who eat the food. You know? You can choose to eat whole grains and veggies and fruits or you can eat greasy fattened foods, its your choice, you know the risks. Its the same as smoking, dont target the companies target those who feed into it.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Just goes to show what pains some people will go through when they hate something.

I think I will get me a cheeseburger and small fry from McDonalds for dinner today and wash it down with a large McDonalds sweet tea.

My mouth is watering just thinking about it.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

I think the hoax does have a basis, to a degree. You see more McDonalds, peddling their cheap crap in inner city neighborhoods than anywhere else. This "supposed food" has been found to be detrimental to your health if eaten in quantity.

You also see that African-Americans, (I hate hyphenating) people have a higher rate of diabetes. McDonalds can't be helping that at all.

Watch “Super Size Me” and see what it does to that cat. Now we have whole neighborhoods that subsist on this stuff.

Everything is bad for you when eaten in a large quanity.

You eat a large quantity of fruit and you can develop diabeties. Granted you have to eat an ungodly amount, but it can still be bad for you.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Then I may be called a racist.

Oh I eat meat, but only venison or other wild game that I shoot. I also eat organically grown foods but they have gone through the roof price wise, that and I have a limited size plot.

McDonalds is targeting poor folk with low prices. All the while knowing what it does to their consumer base. (I'm assuming that they are thinking, Don't worry, they'll make more)

You are right though, the education is out there, but people choose to ignore it.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Becoming
Just goes to show what pains some people will go through when they hate something.

I think I will get me a cheeseburger and small fry from McDonalds for dinner today and wash it down with a large McDonalds sweet tea.

My mouth is watering just thinking about it.

Right there with ya my friend, got me some McDonalds hunger pains just reading this

Funny hoax though, I'm sure the legal hounds will be sniffing around that one for some underhanded advertising or something

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Yeah, I saw this picture yesterday. No news article was with it. Just the picture... Right away my thought was, some one made that on their computer, printed it up and taped it to a McDonald's door, long enough to take a photo.

It was an obvious hoax to me... But hey, Well, Some how, I am not all that surprised at just what people will believe.... You know?

new topics

top topics

join