It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't let the trolls get you down. (A guide to interact the internet trolls gos online)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Don't let the trolls get you down. (The Guardian)

A new study tries to sharpen our understanding of the highly verbal parasites known as trolls. Trolls – call them internet trolls, if you like – are in some ways quite similar to Plasmodium falciparum, a protozoan parasite that causes malaria in large numbers of human beings. Both kinds of parasite are maddeningly difficult to suppress. They manage, again and again, to return after we thought we'd seen the last of them. Each can, if left untreated, cause agony or worse. These trolls infect any place where people gather electronically to converse by writing comments to each other. Trolls creep into and crop up anywhere they can, wheedling for attention in chat rooms, Twitter streams, blogs, and, as you may have noticed, in the comments section of online news articles.

I like how the Editor of this article in the guardian calls them "Paracites". What else is there to call them besides trolls?

And here is the link to the said "Guide"

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I can already imagine the "u mad?" comments at the bottom of that article. They're just trolls, ffs. Just don't get butthurt when you come across them. Simple.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by lilstu21

Sometimes trolls can be just someone who disagrees with you and sticks to their point. It can be maddening.

As someone who's old nickname was troll. (before the interwebs) I take offense.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
wow a whole article just to say "ignore them"
(did that sound trollish?)

new topics

top topics

join