It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All over the road! When your thoughts contradict your thoughts.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
First of all, I do like it here at ATS as many of you make me think. We may not always agree, and sometimes get spanked by the MODs for getting to emotional (Thanks guys, by the way). I have recently retired and now that I have time on my hands I find that my mind is all over the road.

But as many of us are, I am conflicted when it comes to my thoughts on various topics.

Just few things are:

-I’m ok with pot, but hate the hard stuff. I think pot should be legalized and taxed. If you want to grow your own, you must have a license.

-I like to think I am a peaceable person and try to avoid conflict whenever possible, but when required to go to war (whether personally or nationally), I believe in going all out. As my 5X’s Great Grandfather once said, “War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want.” Just get over it as fast as possible and move on.

-I’m all over the place on religion. I believe in God, but think religion is a man-made means of controlling the masses. I believe that the religious texts are more historical, rather than the word of God. I know good muslims, but hate Islam, and the same goes for the rest who use religion to promote evil upon mankind. I know it is naïve but I believe we know in our heart and mind what is right and what is wrong.

-Politically, I have been told that I espouse Libertarian points of view, but I feel they are more conservative than anything else. But I do understand the Liberals point of view as well. I just don’t see how it can feasibly be done. I want to help my fellow man who is down on luck as much as the next guy, but I refuse to drag myself down to their level if it is due to their laziness. Is there such a thing as a Liberal Libertarian/Conservative in today’s age?

I do my darnedest to adhere to a self imposed honor code, showing my standards and ethics through my actions, rather than words. I try to think rationally before emotionally. But I am only occasionally successful. I do have a warped sense of humor at times, and that has not always gone over well.

I ask,” How do you resolve internal conflict?” Any and all advice will be appreciated.

With the exception of "Go see a shrink."

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
license to grow plants....ok....no

resolve internal conflicts...yes beavers are cool anima...wait what?

being liberal/conservative is like fightin for peace

my achin head

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

...Enjoyed reading your post.
I already love ya, TDawg...

Nice to meet ya! Truly feeling ya

new topics

join