It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Metallic taste in mouth now being reported in Japan and US west coast — Telltale sign of radiation

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Bad or hard water does the same, we have horrendous water where I am at. To the point they advise boiling it if you use it, THANKS CITY! And if I drink that stuff immediately for hours I have a numbing metallic taste in the mouth. So do not discount that you just maybe drinking bad water, if you are really worried just start taking Norwegian Kelp, has all the iodine you will need unless directly exposed, (Take it with food or enjoy the white throne fair warning).

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ShakaDoodle

Common sense says this disaster will affect us in one way or another. Given that, I am taking measures to protect my health the best way I can.

Kelp will protect your thyroid but given kelp is harvested from dirty waters I've decided to put my faith in Bentonite clay. The stuff has a variety of uses for your health.

www.aboutclay.com...

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by STEADFast
reply to post by Grey Magic

Get one of these...
www.nukalert.com...

Those are for gamma bursts and are not even very accurate for that

+/- 7-20%

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Sinus infections are well known for causing a metallic taste.

I practically live outside, day and night, and I live on the west coast. I have not noticed a strange taste, although I did a couple of weeks ago with a respiratory illness.

While the radiation level has gone up according to those around me who do have geiger counters (all I have are dosimeters) it still is not dangerously high.

While it certainly does not mean that everything is fine and rosy, especially in the long run, I don't see any cause for over-much alarm at this point.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
That's so strange I just said to my bird that I could taste metal in the water then just came across this thread and I live in the uk

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by jadedANDcynical

First of all.... Although that explosion at Fukishima looks pretty realistic, It's probably just a CONtrail and no real cause for alarm.

They would tell us, and warn us, and offer healthy advice to 24 million people on the West Coast correct?

They've already told Toykyo there's no threat of imminent danger and that seems to be going just fine.

Just keep on keeping on...That's how I would handle too. If people die later? Probably just from Natural causes excellerated by "jusssst" a little bit of radiation. But not much.

I think the radiation will probably kill gamblers,then ciggarette smokes,then boozers,then dopers, then cheating husbands,THEN cheating wives first,in that order..

Serves them right anyway. No? I think the GOOD people will be spared. The PRODUCTIVE hard working ones.

To heck with the rest... More room for the rest of you..

I'm "SURE" they'll keep us posted what to do..They MUST have a backup plan..NO?

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Golithion
Bad or hard water does the same, we have horrendous water where I am at. To the point they advise boiling it if you use it, THANKS CITY!

If you boil water with metal contamination, then you lose some water from the evaporation and the metal contaminants largely remain behind.

If water is contaminated with radioactive metals then boiling would also concentrate those.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Could this all lead to a zombie apocalypse

I mean if every one gets infected around the same time,
we could get massive amounts of people sick, and the water could go bad, food...

People eating other people to survive, the unsick hunting the sick.....

Could this be the way to the 500 000 000 population wanted as slaves...

could hiroshima be from angels playing haarp...

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hillbilly123069
In my career, I have cared for many patients treated for cancer. The metal taste is a common symptom associated with chemo/radiation treatment.

Not just from Chemo, the metallic taste is known to be an early warning sign of esophogeal and mouth cancer. Bobby Heenan (Wrestling celebrity & Esophogeal cancer survivor) has said in interviews that the only indication he had that he was sick was that nothing tasted right anymore. He had an incessant metallic taste in his mouth.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Honestly, I can feel the increase in radiation. Just like when I was a kid and I woke up and could tell it would be a hot scorcher of a day. I have explained this in deeper detail on other threads like this. Even though we have cool days, I can feel this weird, other type of heat. It is slowly getting worse.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
that cough is nationwide...Ive heard the same story from East to West....Im in the South and its epidemic down here....no Common Allergy Spring....this is something new....

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

I have no doubt that some are capable of sensing radiation without the use of detectors. I myself can feel magnetic fields. If you could really look at your childhood objectively how many of you knew or sensed things that you were trained out of, being repeatedly hammered with comments such as “it’s just your imagination”. We have all been weakened and our potential ability is very great but will never flourish in the current environment on earth.

I just ended up back in Seattle a month ago and well not showing signs of illness I have noticed a metallic taste in my mouth which I did not have during 16 months in Boise. I had not considered it as occurring from radiation but who knows, I suppose it’s possible. A lot of people I know seem to have persistent coughs but that is not unusual here. I was planning to stay the summer visiting a sick friend but that is likely about all. I am not too keen on staying on the west coast (can you say meltdown) and the southeastern U.S. (Gulf Oil) does not look very healthy either. Getting hard to find an area that has not been contaminated, shortening life spans and filling the pockets of those who profit from illness. Pretty much everywhere has it’s just a matter of degree.

I likely am heading east for the winter. Current frontrunners are Minn. N.C. and N.Y. Maybe I will run into one of you there.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I remember when I got an MRI with radioactive dye injected into my bloodstream, I had a lingering strong metallic taste for a week, as well as was even warned not to go near pregnant persons, babies, or infants cuz, I was RADIOACTIVE lol. On a serious note, this is terrible if there isnt a daily radiation index provided to the public on the main news and weather channels for those in the pacific/west

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Enkii

The dye used in MRIs is not radioactive.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I just want to interject something here. I'm putting a great deal of research and work into building an entire area of a website dedicated to the Fuku crisis. No, I'm not putting my URL because this isn't about plugging my project. It has caused me to learn a great deal though and what I want to point out is that Unit 1 isn't the explosion or problem that will be the worst to the Northern Hemisphere. Unit 3 pretty well lost the upper floor when it exploded.

Over 90 tons of MOX rods were on that floor when it blew. Now, 200 meters to the southeast of the center of where those holding pools USED to be is open ocean with no breakwater. I believe it's safe to assume those fuel rods are partially scattered across the floor of that open water with absolutely nothing to stop it from generating unthinkable effects right into the ocean currents. We won't even get into the fact I haven't even seen a shark net thrown out there yet to try and stop the ocean life from swimming through or eating on the Plutonium that went into that water in the blast.

TEPCO and the Japanese officials have done a pretty good job so far for dooming a great many people in this world to a very hard death. The effects will take months and years to fully become apparent, but it'll come as nothing has yet been done to even mitigate the continued release of this into the air and water. The first typhoon over that stretch of beach will totally end any hope, and again, no effort thus far to mitigate that.

I'd also note...That specific stretch of beach has had eye walls of Typhoons cross it MANY TIMES since 1945 when I'd found the earliest charts of typhoon tracks for the Western Pacific Region. In some ways, the mismanagement of this entire crisis makes the word 'doomed' such an understatement, it's almost absurd.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by cyberghosts

A parrot or cockatoo?,A good idea keeping one, like a canary in a coalmine,If the bird drops dead ,run.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Enkii

The dye used in MRIs is not radioactive.

It is for PET scans..

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Occam's Razor:

The simplest of two or more competing theories is preferable and that an explanation for unknown phenomena should first be attempted in terms of what is already known.

Phenomena: Coughing and metallic taste reports, not necessarily together.

Theories: Caused by allergies, radiation or something else.

Anecdotal evidence:
People reporting many cases of metallic taste and coughing.

Known factors:
Allergies are not known to leave metallic taste, radiation has been reported to.
Both allergies and radiation illnesses can cause coughing.
Allergies are usually accompanied by sneezing, red eyes and other symptoms.

Radiation seems the most likely answer by the rule of OR, but more data would definitely be needed!

edit on 14-6-2011 by Wertwog because: clarified something

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   
I read that after the Chernobyl nuclear accident people also reported a metallic taste.

I searched briefly to validate this claim yet could not find any source material. Since Chernobyl occurred over 30 years ago, it may be difficult to find original sources (at least in English).

So he remarks that people in Tokyo the next day were reporting a metallic taste just as was reported by the people in Chernobyl, and that people could have been advised to stay indoors, instead the government said that it was just another hydrogen explosion and that no radiation was released as usual

Source Article: www.asianweek.com...

I agree that a metallic taste can be the result of many things, from medication, allergies, household chemicals, and various illnesses. Also, psycho-somatic illnesses, false symptom syndromes and hypochondria can lead to a higher number of reports that are not related to radiation.

Yet, I do think that any reports of a metallic taste should be objectively reviewed to determine if there is underlying similarities to each case. I would focus on testing locally grown fruit, vegetables, milk and the water supply for contamination. Also air quality should to be tested on a regular basis (especially for radioactive contaminants) and made public.

edit on 15-6-2011 by matito because:

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
You can get that metallic taste in your mouth by just taking Lunesta so it doesn't really mean much. Why doesn't someone from the Westcoast do a test to check for radiation levels?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join