It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Metallic taste in mouth now being reported in Japan and US west coast — Telltale sign of radiation

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Fairewinds’ Arnie Gundersen explains how hot particles may react in mammals while escaping traditional detection. Reports of a metallic taste in the mouth, such as those now being reported in Japan and on the west coast, are a telltale sign of radiation exposure.

This news probably won't be so much as a surprise as it is a confirmation of what some people have already been experiencing on the west coast of the US. Could also help explain the mysterious coughing conditions some people have developed lately, where an unknown irritation causes people to cough incessantly for seemingly no obvious reason.

Have to wonder about all those people out exercising and doing yard work and other outdoor routines in the spring weather as to just how healthy it is out there?

Anybody have any ideas, or info. on what they've experienced?

Source: enenews.com...

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
All this stuff going on, makes me want to order a Geiger teller, probably the sales of those must be great at the moment..

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I just wanted to add a little clarification - I was watching these Arnie Gundersen videos yesterday, he was saying that the metallic taste is not a result of radiation, but rather of iodine. Radiation cannot be smelled, tasted, etc, but some radioactive (or not) elements can be.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Grey Magic

That's true. But, as Arnie Gundersen points out in the video, a lot of the forms of radiation now being released, especially the 'hot forms', can't be detected by Geiger counters, but only by a 'filter' system. Unfortunately, you could be getting exposed to large amounts of this stuff, but the usual equipment won't even detect it until it's too late.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShakaDoodle
... as Arnie Gundersen points out in the video, a lot of the forms of radiation now being released, especially the 'hot forms', can't be detected by Geiger counters, but only by a 'filter' system

How convenient?

But then, I always did assume imaginary radiation to be undetectable - except with a BS monitor

I guess this'll go for for years now though - got to get every cents worth of fun out of a good scare story. Especially if it diverts attention from the real issues.

If you were really worried about your health you'd be asking why they still mine coal

www.medicinenet.com...

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I wonder if they are putting Iodine
in the drinking water supply ???

worth a look see I suppose.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Hadn't thought of that - now that is an interesting possibility!

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
disclaimer: I, in no way, believe everything I read without extensively researching it first, however I do entertain ideas so here's my fear factor to add to the story

Fear: I never get sick ...
For the last 2 weeks I've had an unexplainable increase in coughing, and 2 days ago my mom was complaining to me that she has a "metal" taste in her mouth!!

Overreaction: OMG WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE AND THEY'RE LYING TO US ABOUT IT!!!!!

Probable Truth: .... stupid pollen.... (for me and) ..... stupid iron supplements..... (for my mom)

-----------------------------------------
I wish I could find that animated gif though, the one that predicted the spread of radiation, I'm pretty sure some of its leaking into my environment, but Grey Magic is right, Walmart is totally out of geiger counters.
Anyone got that gif handy?

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Essan

Nah, you would actually be worried about those trails in the sky too then, you know, the ones from the planes that you say do not exist....

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by GrinchNoMore

I'm so annoyed - I live right by an airport and I never get to see chemtrails

I guess they don't doodle in my skies because the lack of sleep from the noise is enough to drive us all mad

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
The pollen count is rather high this year. That's one thing to take into account.

As far as the metallic taste, I have not heard anyone up here (Washington) mentioning such a thing. My experience however is that once a cough turns into a respiratory infection, and allergies are involved, the taste buds are thrown off and no matter what one eats it tastes like butt.

I rarely get sick myself. This last couple weeks I have had a weird cough thing going on at random... mostly when I sleep. I assume it's one of those rare years where my allergies actually effect me, coupled with the fact that I am mildly allergic to cats and three weeks ago my daughter brought home a kitten. I agreed to let him stay in her room until he is grown, roam the house a little, then he will be an outdoor cat

edit on 6/13/2011 by forall2see because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
We have enough floride in the UK to give us this sort of tastes, we are so used to it that when foreigners come here they are surprised how strong it tastes in the water.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by forall2see

Thanks for the info.

I know others have said that it could be allergies. What concerns me, is my wife has had a nagging cough and breathing problems that have cropped up in the past month without the usual connections with other symptoms such as runny, stuffy nose, red itchy eyes, etc. She's been to the doctor several times without any satisfying explanation for her condition, but lots of prescriptions that haven't helped. Cough usually comes almost non-stop at night like yours. Other people I know are recently experiencing the same thing and have commented on strange taste in their mouths. As Mr. Gundersen states in the video, it's anecdotal, but still makes me wonder if it could be connected to the radiation situation.

edit on 6/13/2011 by ShakaDoodle because: spelling correction

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by forall2see
I rarely get sick myself. This last couple weeks I have had a weird cough thing going on at random... mostly when I sleep.

Mine is also mostly when I sleep, but I just assumed it was because the coughing mechanism shuts down and at some point during the night my lungs need to catch up with the fluid building up over a few hours of not coughing (I also have asthma, that doesn't help, but still it was out of the realm of my "norm")

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by The time lord

Never been to the UK, but that doesn't sound good.

How's the air quality there? Anybody in the UK concerned that the particles could travel that far?

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
In my career, I have cared for many patients treated for cancer. The metal taste is a common symptom associated with chemo/radiation treatment.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan

Originally posted by ShakaDoodle
... as Arnie Gundersen points out in the video, a lot of the forms of radiation now being released, especially the 'hot forms', can't be detected by Geiger counters, but only by a 'filter' system

How convenient?

But then, I always did assume imaginary radiation to be undetectable - except with a BS monitor

Snip

I suppose this explosion was a mass hallucination:

And the debris raining down (bits larger than the firetrucks being used as temporary cooling pumps) is nothing more than a bunch of legos and not pieces of the Reactor Pressure Vessel.

I suppose it also means that the three confirmed melt downs have not melted through primary containment as mentioned I'm this article:
Worsening condition of meltdowns which indicate among other things:

Nuclear fuel in three reactors at the Fukushima No. 1 nuclear plant has possibly melted through pressure vessels and accumulated at the bottom of outer containment vessels, according to a government report obtained Tuesday by The Yomiuri Shimbun.

It would also mean that this report published by Brookhaven National laboratory found in the DOEs database is unfounded and the following statement:

Free-living bacteria suspended in the groundwater fall within the colloidal size range and may have strong radionuclide sorbing capacity, giving them the potential to transport radionuclides in the subsurface.

means something other than what is bein said.

Wow, that's really good to know.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
How convenient?

Did you listen to the Gunderson material?

It's real radiation and it's detectable on the filters.

If you take the density of radioactive particles per cubic meter (as measured through the use of filters), and calculate how many cubic meters of air are breathed each day, Tokyo residents inhale about 10 radioactive particles a day, and Seattle residents, about 5 a day. That's actually a relatively low density but it does pose a risk higher than background radiation because radioactive particles lodged in your lung that stay there, are potentially more harmful than background radiation from the soil, the sun, or other external sources.

I'm not sure where you came up with this "imaginary" comment, but I suspect you haven't listened to Gunderson's material.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Grey Magic

Get one of these...
www.nukalert.com...

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ShakaDoodle

Pardon my delayed response as I have a load to get done today.

It seems as of late, the doctors I have had experiences with have simply run off of some decoder-wheel type chart on their laptops. Example: My son had a kruppy cough that sounded like it hurt for a couple days and missed school because of it (this was last month). After a test for whooping cough, which I could tell really sucked for him to take, she prescribed antibiotics and codeine cough syrup for evenings.

Three days later the cough persisted, so I took him back in (now a whole week missed from school). She stated that it "must've" been a viral attack, hence the antibiotics not working. In actuality the antibiotics were killing off even the good fighting bacteria

Gotta love todays healthcare! Then she prescribed an expectorant and some double strength codeine cough syrup I took him home. Gave him one dose of the night syrup without the antibiotics (which she said to take "just in case") and let him fight through it the next day. He was fine after that.

Point is, I don't think this doctor had a clue. All they are allowed to do these days is go off of a chart of suggested symptoms created by algorithms in a computer network it seems. It is no wonder they have a pill for everything and I have a hunch that the big pharm companies have a lot to do with that.

Originally posted by Forevever

Originally posted by forall2see
I rarely get sick myself. This last couple weeks I have had a weird cough thing going on at random... mostly when I sleep.

Mine is also mostly when I sleep, but I just assumed it was because the coughing mechanism shuts down and at some point during the night my lungs need to catch up with the fluid building up over a few hours of not coughing (I also have asthma, that doesn't help, but still it was out of the realm of my "norm")

I too have had asthma for my entire life. So really it is hard for me to tell whether it is an allergy issue or something else. What i can say is that along with the coughing fits at night, I have had to use my inhaler a lot more than usual. I have assumed it was from that darn cat.

Anywhoo, back to the grindstone. Restoring a 90 year old home exterior out in the good ol' radiation zone!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join