It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question about formation in Atlantic

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Now i'm no expert in plate tectonics but I was just messing around on google earth and noticed something that I was wondering if you kind folks could explain to me.

Now, in regards to the myth of Atlantis, they have denounced it's location near the Azores many times before. It seems to fit Plato's description of it being beyond the Pillars of Gibraltar in the opposite direction of ancient Greek/Egyptian civilization. But they they said that the land below the Azores were never above water.

If one looks at the Atlantic between the Americas and Europe & Africa, it's difficult to ignore the presence of the Mid-Atlantic ridge. But I also notice that just south of the Azores archipelago there seems to be some sort of depression or underwater landmass that seems like it is conflicting with the "wrinkles" from the ridge.
I'll post up some pics to help me explain:

Now, i'm not claiming anything and am not sure if this has been discussed in the past. It's just something that caught my eye and can probably be explained to me by somebody here hopefully.

In other words, it just sticks out and I want to know what it is lol.

*Sorry, can't figure out how to embed photos onto post to avoid having to click link
edit on 6/13/2011 by Andre Neves because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Oh, you noticed. Lol

Got the main website so we can get to it?

WAIT - they are YOUR images?

Can you post the images on another public image host? Imageshack for instance?

Or upload to the ATS media and link from there?

Or remove the disable hotlink code? Unless someone else designed your site.

I is right confused about now

edit on 13/6/2011 by badw0lf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by badw0lf
Oh, you noticed. Lol

How about now? I think I figured it out finally. Sorry about that.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Andre Neves

Originally posted by badw0lf
Oh, you noticed. Lol

How about now? I think I figured it out finally. Sorry about that.

Haha good stuff
Ignore my edits !!

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
After all that I feel denser now? oO my interpretation fails to jump at me.

Can you mention what you find odd? I see the area you outlined, and the directions of the fault lines, but it doesn't appear unusual to me - there are a lot of tectonic plate rifts that buckle and result in ridges far from the actual connecting plates. Volcanic eruptions can cause further features, and in the ocean erosion will always play a part.

The earths plates are pretty malleable over a long time, but occasionally you do get massive events that drastically change the geography around them.

?

edit - also if that were the location of atlantis, on the edge of tectonic plates, there is compelling evidence (not provable by any means, but compelling) that there was a thriving culture in the vicinity where Plato had described that was annhilated and swallowed, but by - tectonic plates creating one of the worst volcanic eruptions that annihilated both the land described, but also the land nearby they fled to - one by the volcanic ash and devastation, the other by the subsequent tsunami, wiping out the entire culture.

I saw a documentary on this recently, and the evidence presented not only matched Plato's story, but also geographical features that meet the timeframe and devastation that occurred in .. Oh I can't remember... argh!

I'll hunt for it, I saw it on my ISP's freeview online documentary service and the show has expired so I can't search for it by description, and as you may know, searching for any of the terms results in a million matches..

The area you outlined does look similar however, after thinking about it.

I really need to start taking note of websites and cocos I find of interest, because I always let the law of the internet get to me... "If you find something on the internet and do not bookmark it, you will never find it again."

new topics

top topics

join