It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unusual ocean floor anomaly situated at a depth of 5 kms

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by daggyz

Am I cynical. Damn right. ATS is becoming a looney bin.

What he said. ^^^

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   
The first thing i thought when i saw the location was 'Atlantis'

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by daggyz

Am I cynical. Damn right. ATS is becoming a looney bin.

Not quite looney bin. It most certainly is a magnet for people who just can't admit they are wrong! Psychologists should pay a visit here as cognitive dissonance is in full flow. Your logic about the "tracks" is spot on and logic has been explained in many other threads on many other subjects BUT, here's the bummer : it is a well known psychological phenomena that those with a conspiracy belief when confronted with cognitive dissonance (provoked by your logic) will re-invent or modify the theory to explain or encompass contradictory details.

So no loonies but plenty of delusion!

These "tracks" have been explain logically and scientifically quite a while ago here on ATS. Back then I got the impression that the explanation had been accepted. But today Wow......I shake my head in disbelief.

Here's some more logic : there is bound to be people with relevant deep water equipment who have seen these anomalies. Unless you are going to stretch disbelief to the extremes aka everyone with deep water equipment is part of NWO conspiracy! then those people will have examined those areas of the seabed. Guess what nothing!! Because there is nothing there.......Oops forgot, the evidence has been hidden by the TPTP and those deep water explorers have all died in mysterious accidents!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Cool!
You found the secret, hidden underwater, REAL H.A.A.R.P array

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by malcr
Not quite looney bin. It most certainly is a magnet for people who just can't admit they are wrong! Psychologists should pay a visit here as cognitive dissonance is in full flow. Your logic about the "tracks" is spot on and logic has been explained in many other threads on many other subjects BUT, here's the bummer : it is a well known psychological phenomena that those with a conspiracy belief when confronted with cognitive dissonance (provoked by your logic) will re-invent or modify the theory to explain or encompass contradictory details.

As opposed to those who refuse to believe it's unusual re-inventing or modifying the theory to explain or encompass contradictory details? "It's boats scratching the ocean floor!" "It's mapping anomalies!" Oh, which is it? I guess whichever one you want. Throw out 2 ridiculous debunking theories and you're done!

How anyone could believe the "scratching the ocean floor" explanation is beyond me. Look at the freaking scale of the thing! These grooves would essentially be visible from space, if the water wasn't there. They are hundreds of meters wide. What boat on earth would scratch a 200 meter-wide groove in the ocean floor, and do it in an irregular-yet-rectangular grid pattern? Why? That's ludicrous.

The mapping-artifact explanation is slightly more reasonable, yet still doesn't hold water with me. Maybe you should actually bother to look at the photos again before running your mouth any further. You can see clear definitions of light and shadow in all of the irregular rectangular blocks in the grid. I suppose you would say "this light and shadow is not real light and shadow, it's a CGI construct based on an imaginary light source, in order to visualize the surface features" -- OK, fine, but that doesn't explain any of the following:

- Why is this supposed artifacting restricted to this one coherent rectangle? Yes, other rectangles exist elsewhere, but I don't see any anomalies in any of the nearby mountains or plains that have anything like this. Was this mapping boat just having a really bad day?
- Why are there many gaps and unfinished segments INSIDE the rectangle, while the outside has a very clear definition?
- Why does the figure have vertical symmetry? On the right side you can see corners that run down a 45 degree angle, and pretty well mirror the area above it.
- Why would the mapping artifacts be so irregularly spaced, if the mapping boat can maintain such a precise N/E/S/W orientation while running along?
- Why do many features of the underwater peaks show a much finer resolution than these "artifacts"?
- Why are the E/W lines so much straighter than the N/S lines? To me, this suggests an ancient method which was using the sun for guidance. The closer the lines were to the sun, the more accurate their direction would be. Modern mappers would be using a GPS/compass.
- Why do many of the lines appear to divert around or end before reaching an underwater peak? The mapping boat wouldn't have to get out of the way of a submerged hill or mountain peak.
- The lines are not perfectly regular. Therefore, the compiled image must use overlapping data. If these lines do not exist in reality, why were there not more artificial-looking conflicts where the multiple data points (proper depth vs. false depth) disagreed?

I'm sure I could come up with more. Sorry, it doesn't wash with me. This may or may not be Atlantis, this may or may not even be an ancient city. But I summarily reject your explanations thus far.
edit on 14-6-2011 by Observer99 because: addendum

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
I believe this was "discovered" some time ago:
youtu.be...
edit on 14-6-2011 by IofRa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   
5 kms in depth.... Atlantic Ocean.... But...

I thought sea level had only decreased in the last million years for that region---------?

geology.rutgers.edu...

If somebody built that did it before there was a sea there. And that's billions.

I'd say natural formation, but the logical procedure should be going down there and check.

edit on 14-6-2011 by AboveTheTrees because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
I'm glad this and many other similar faults and seemingly manmade patterns in the earth's crust is being examined right here on earth instead of the moon or Mars. If this was spotted on Mars people would be screaming for NASA or the ESA to send robots there to find ancient remains of a past civilization or something. We'd have a thread that would go for a hundred pages with every crackpot theory of civilizations on Mars, a Nazi settlement, or the accusation that someone found a spot NASA failed to 'airbrush' out. Its obvious this part of the ocean floor was never above water level as it exists today, the earth's tectonic plate movements bear that fact out.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   
these anomalies are visible in many more locations in the oceans using google maps.
The same pattern as your op demonstrates.
The waters across the whole globe in and themselves look artificial, as do the landmasses

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
It was already discovered and proved hoax. This lines are sonar tracks. Some models of sonars creates image from two different images let channel and right channel which join together. This creates line in the middle. During digitalization this maps for google everything is made automatic. In many other places on earth you could find such tracks. This is nothing unusual in google.

But what concerns me more is why exactly the same thread is made after it was already discussed.

Example of such sonar map which create tracks.
3.bp.blogspot.com...

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by odyseusz
It was already discovered and proved hoax. This lines are sonar tracks. Some models of sonars creates image from two different images let channel and right channel which join together. This creates line in the middle. During digitalization this maps for google everything is made automatic. In many other places on earth you could find such tracks. This is nothing unusual in google.

But what concerns me more is why exactly the same thread is made after it was already discussed.

3.bp.blogspot.com...
What you have posted here has been posted repeatedly. what I have yet to see is an answer to my question: Why aren't these grid patterns found over the entire map of the ocean bottoms?
You're telling us that the sonar and mapping procedures create the lines on the maps. Fine. Is that particular spot on the bottom of the Atlantic the only one that was mapped using sonar?

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by odyseuszIt was already discovered and proved hoax.

The only proof would be someone going there and redoing the survey and not finding any lines. That's assuming the government didn't already destroy the whole thing.

Originally posted by odyseusz
This lines are sonar tracks. Some models of sonars creates image from two different images let channel and right channel which join together. This creates line in the middle. During digitalization this maps for google everything is made automatic. In many other places on earth you could find such tracks. This is nothing unusual in google.

3.bp.blogspot.com...

That picture looks NOTHING like the area in question. Your pic is the equivalent of the pic of a weather balloon "disproving" Roswell.

You didn't address ANY of the serious questions I had regarding the "artifacting" theory. Until someone does, that theory is a joke.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Looks like a pyramid viewed from above if you ask me. A really big pyramid. What a great find!

If only I were a diver, I'd be there in a second.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Could it be a image processing artifact since most of these images are orthographic projections and we are trying to view in 2d it probably does not fit and that is the spot google uses to hide everything under the rug.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Because there are different types of sonars. This later types are digital, have one wide angle sensor not two separate. Majority of see bottom have already digital maps created by this types of sonars. However some places was mapped using older sonars. This grid of lines exactly represents the path of ship which mapped this place. This is exactly the way how such maps are created. Probably this region was mapped in this way because they were looking fore something on the bottom of the ocean maybe some shipwrecks but it is impossible that any ruins could be found on this depth. It had to be no oceans on earth at all. There are no writings and even no legends about such thing. There are no signs of such changing of depth of ocean anywhere on our planet because such process don't exist. All this case is misunderstanding of what you looking fore.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by odyseusz

I can more readily accept that reason, that they were looking for a specific thing on the bottom using a specific type of sonar. Where did the USS Thresher or the USS Scorpion sink?
Maybe we could look at where these areas are and find places where they are looking for things we don't even know about.

There are no signs of such changing of depth of ocean anywhere on our planet because such process don't exist.
How about when you find marine fossils in the side of a mountain? I believe the processes exist. Get a believer in pole shift involved and then you will really have an argument on your hands.

edit on 14-6-2011 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I would like to have found this area before Google faded out the detail !

Locally we have chains of craters just offshore of the west of Scotland, no alien bases though, more likely detonations of surplus ordnance post WWII ? its only now when people are coming to grips with what GoogleEarth can show you, that we need that extra detail. Land detail suffers as well, there are large areas with lo-res images, but when you can check out HAARP, or sub bases etc, its hardly likely to be a security issue?

Recently I went over the 'secret' russki black sea base, but a while ago Im sure I found another, with a clearly defined channel going quite a ways inland....cant find that anymore for some reason!

But for sure Google Earth has some wierd things going on if you take the time to fly over nice and slow to pick them out!

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by drivers1492
reply to post by Akragon

this is a very interesting find but to say nothing exists like this in nature is a stretch imo. Nature does some strange things under the right conditions. But maybe more info will come forth showing its origins.

External pic shows example of nature making something similar in pattern known as tessellated pavement.

yes but there s one "law" with no exception in nature.... namely that nature NEVER wont draw a straight line... in whatever it designs

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dynamitrios

Originally posted by drivers1492
reply to post by Akragon

this is a very interesting find but to say nothing exists like this in nature is a stretch imo. Nature does some strange things under the right conditions. But maybe more info will come forth showing its origins.

External pic shows example of nature making something similar in pattern known as tessellated pavement.

yes but there s one "law" with no exception in nature.... namely that nature NEVER wont draw a straight line... in whatever it designs

O'REALLY?

i give you not only straight lines, not only right angles, not only a square but a cube too. 4 for the price of 1.

ATS is an assumption bin for sure.
edit on 14-6-2011 by ZforZionism because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

I was thinking about the USS Scorpion myself. The cold war nuclear attack sub supposedly went down 400 miles SW off the Azores. The location of the sonar tracks in the OP are 400 miles almost due south of the Azores.

It's not surprising the USN would not give exact locations since there may still be nuclear weapons on the downed sub (e.g. nuclear tipped torpedoes).

The whole USS Scorpion thing is right out of a Tom Clancy novel, it was running a secret op and suddenly sank. The USN navy would certainly want to know a) where it sank - to retrieve the nukes if possible and b) why it sank. They spent a lot of time looking for it and for clues as to why it went down. Their search might explain all the sonar tracks in this area.

This is where the connection to the Titanic comes in hehe. Yes, Robert Ballard's hunt for the Titanic was actually a cover story for the USN to photograph the USS Thresher and USS Scorpion. After photographing the USS Scorpion and Thresher the Navy let him look for the Titanic for a couple of weeks.

The sinking of the USS Scorpion is very strange with conflicting stories, such as a tailed Russian sub attacking, a hot running torpedo (a torpedo still on the ship where the motor has started) to sinking itself hmm.

Links: en.wikipedia.org...
www.timesonline.co.uk...
edit on 14-6-2011 by Nicolas Flamel because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join