It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello From Tasmania Australia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I have been at this site for two years. I can't find a record of my introducing myself and so----here goes. If I have already introduced myself, I apologize for this post and assume it will be deleted by moderators.-Ron Price, Tasmania
--------------------------------------------
EMPLOYMENT-SOCIAL-ROLE POSITIONS: 1943-2011

1999-2011-Writer & Editor, Poet & Publisher, Journalist & Independent Scholar; Retired Teacher & Lecturer, Tutor & Adult Educator, Taxi-Driver & Ice-Cream Salesman, George Town Tasmania Australia
2002-2005-Program Presenter City Park Radio Launceston
1999-2004-Tutor and/or President George Town School for Seniors Inc
1988-1999 -Lecturer in General Studies & Human Services West Australian Department of Training
1986-1987 -Acting Lecturer in Management Studies & Co-ordinator of Further
Education Unit at Hedland College in South Hedland WA
1982-1985 -Adult Educator Open College of Tafe Katherine NT
1981 -Maintenance Scheduler Renison Bell Zeehan Tasmania
1980-Unemployed due to illness and recovery
1979 -Editor External Studies Unit Tasmanian CAE, Launceston; Youth Worker Resource Centre Association Launceston; Lecturer in Organizational Behaviour Tasmanian CAE; Radio Journalist ABC Launceston
1976-1978 -Lecturer in Social Sciences & Humanities Ballarat CAE Ballarat
1975 - Lecturer in Behavioural Studies Whitehorse Technical College, Box Hill Victoria
1974 -Senior Tutor in Education Studies Tasmanian CAE Launceston
1972-1973 -High School Teacher South Australian Education Department
1971 Primary School Teacher Whyalla SA Australia
1969-1971 Primary School Teacher Prince Edward County Board of Education Picton Ontario Canada
1969 Systems Analyst Bad Boy Co Ltd Toronto Ontario
1967-68 -Community Teacher Department of Indian Affairs & Northern
Development Frobisher Bay NWT Canada
1959-67 -Summer jobs-1 to 4 months each- from grade 10 to end of university
1949-1967 - Attended 2 primary schools, 2 high schools and 2 universities in
Canada-McMaster Uni-1963-1966 Windsor Teachers’ College-1966/7
1944-1963 -Childhood(1944-57) & adolescence(1957-63) in and around
Hamilton Ontario
1943 to 1944-Conception in October 1943 to birth in July 1944 in Hamilton Ontario

2. SOME SOCIO-BIO-DATA TO 2011

I have been married twice for a total of 44 years. My second wife is a Tasmanian, aged 65. We’ve had one child: age 34 in 2011. I have two step-children: ages: 45 and 41 in 2011 and two step-grandchildren, age 18 and 15 in 2011. I am 66, am a Canadian who moved to Australia in 1971 and have written several books--all available on the internet. I retired from full-time teaching in 1999, part-time teaching in 2003 and volunteer teaching/work in 2005 after 35 years in classrooms. In addition, I have been a member of the Baha’i Faith for 52 years. Bio-data: 6ft, 230 lbs, eyes-brown/hair-grey, Caucasian.

My website can not be listed here, but you can go to any search engine and type: Ron Price followed by any one of a number of words: poetry, Bahá'í, literature, history, bipolar disorder, psychology, sociology, inter alia.________________________________________________
:
edit on 13-6-2011 by RonPrice because: to make another comment

edit on 13-6-2011 by RonPrice because: to delete my website as the rules require.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by RonPrice

Explanation: Flagged!

Personal Disclosure: Welcome! OL is sure a mod will be along soon to help out with an informative post etc. I also recommend utilizing the green chat voyuer function on the ATS tool bar to the bottom of most ATS webpages [aka the ribbon]! It will enable you to watch who and what is being posted in chat but unfortunately you wont be able to join or chat back until your post count reaches 200 posts or so.

Reply to this post with the reply function up top right of this post and that'll be another post towards your mandatory 20 posts before you can start your own threads

Please message me using the message button on far left ATS tool bar [after you have made at least 20 posts] if you require any further help whatsoever!

Peace and much love!

Sincerely OL [OmegaLogos]

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS!

Seems like I run into Baha´i people on many forums. Anyway, I am an engineering physicist by profession and a Falun Dafa cultivator on my life journey. On ATS I mostly stay in the paranormal and prophecy forums since I have interests in other space-time dimensions and third eye levels etc etc. I believe before long this place will become very different from today.

/Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance is good, Falun Dafa is good

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Good evening!
welcome!

Another Aussie - albeit in the part that escaped.

Lots of education history there -

Did you do any work at what is now known as Polytechnic WA?

Formerly, SWAN Tafe.

Formerly TAFEWA.

Formerly SEMC College of Tafe?

Formerly.. Who knows, most likely Technical and Further Education of WA or some informative name.

Ahh back when we used to get Training Provider of the year awards, numerous times in a row... You know the place was doing something right..

Then they merged Pilbara, Balga, Midland tafes and... well, I think there is only 2 people left who care about the place.. Or have worked there so long, like a prison it is all they know... lol

And all the accolades are now distant memories from when windows 3.11 was on desktops.

The M.D. at the time, Geoff Gale, was one heck of a good man- it was a pleasure working for him once, as he sat in our office chinwagging while I resolved his clients PC issues. For something I expected to be intimidating and awkward, it was wonderful to have this prestigious bloke sit alone with me and discuss things he'd done as if he were at a BBQ. This man hobnobbed with politicians associated with the dept. of trainig and local ministers - and here he was, spinning yarns with a scruffy guy in a half baked office suit doing effectively unpaid work for a lady who worked in the government and was not associated with tafe.. lol

Ahh cancer is a crap hole.
good guy he was.

Anyway if none of this makes sense, it's because you obviously took the blue pill. You just piqued my memory when you mentioned department of traininig, hence my extended reply.

Oh and again welcome, take this place slow as it can overwhelm you. And not always in a good way!! I hope the volcano ash isnt' affecting you greatly.

** EDIT

Lol I see you did work at Swan Tafe. Thornlie. Just 3 years before my time.

Being IS, we were rotated around thornlie carlisle and bentley. But I started at Thornlie for 3 years before being put into full time rotation.

Ohhhh now please DO NOT ask me what I think of A: Computing lecturers B: Engineering lecturers or C: CAD/Engineering lecturers.

Be interesting to see your views!

edit on 13/6/2011 by badw0lf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Hi Ron, and welcome to the Introductions Forum, a place to say hello to the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only for now. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Some handy links, links and more links.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Start Here - ATS Freshmans Forum

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read)

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images

Signature Guidelines

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Super-Moderator.
&
Hamiltonian

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I enjoyed reading the responses to my introductory note/lifeline. I especially enjoyed reading about Tafe in WA where I worked for more than a dozen years(1986-1999). I won't ask about lecturers who might still be known but I do remember the then head of Swan Tafe, good old, Geoff Gale. What a worker he was and all those awards our college got back then. it always surprised me when they were listed annually back in the 1990s.

Tafe helped me finish my career on a high note, although by 1999 and more than 30 years in classrooms and another 20 as a student, I was ready for some other place than schools to put in my daily life. I hope to drop in here at this site occasionally in this the evening of my life, late adulthood---the years from 60 to 80 according to some human development psychologists---and old age(80+), if I last that long. Again, thanks for those personal responses; they helped me make a good initial connection here---even if I don't get here that often. My website is at the following URL: www.ronpriceepoch.com...
edit on 2-8-2011 by RonPrice because: to add some words

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Hello, welcome to ATS. There are many forums and topics that you will find your place in. Have fun.

top topics

join