It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sleep paralysis, screeching noise OBE?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
I've suffered with sleep paralysis all my life but lastnight it was accompanied with a horrible high picthed screeching fuzzy noise hard to explain. It felt like my brain was taking electric shocks, numb yet tingly and painfull?

Is this the start of what could be an OBE? I dont think I could get passed the fear to experience it though but I would like to. Anyone with similar experiences?

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
"The owls are not what they seem."
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cc3e650f27bc.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 6/13/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: owl video

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Bex33

I've had many of them.

For me it sounds almost like the roof of a tin shed in a violent storm, being warped and lifted, and as it gets stronger and stronger, there is a feeling of losing it - which alarms me and brings me back to the paralyzed state.

Like falling over an edge sort of, get to just before it's over the edge and you jump back.

I put it down to where the hypnagogic state is dissipating and you are entering proper sleep.

Personally, I try to stay in the paralyzed state to see what creeps out to investigate me

PS: your av looks a heck of a lot like Aussie actress, Carla Bonner.

edit on 13/6/2011 by badw0lf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
I had an episode of sleep paralysis and it was pretty scary. I had an emergency c section. Five days later I went home. The evening I came home I laid down in the bedroom to sleep. I was in a lot of pain and I think I still felt awful from anesthesia. I remember laying there, my eyes opened, and I felt like my body was separating, and that part of me was lifting off the bed to the ceiling. I remember hearing a strange ringing noise, like when your ears ring. I could hear my husband talking to someone, as I drifted up to the ceiling and began to move toward the door.
I remember laying there, trying to move my legs and arms, but it felt like a dead weight. I felt totally helpless. I tried to call out to my husband, but I couldn't make my mouth move. I thought I was actually dying... as this was happening. For some reason, what snapped me out of it was my baby started crying... and then BAM I felt as if I had fallen back into bed. I heard a sudden noise as if a door had slammed. When I sat up on the edge of the bed my entire body was shaking. I felt like I was having a panic attack.

So I never knew for sure if that's an OBE, or what.... but it felt as if I were out of my body.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Bex33

sounds to me like it's Tinnitus I have the same thing.

Or it could be:

Sleep paralysis Humming, roaring, hissing, rushing, zapping, and buzzing noises are frequent in conjunction with sleep paralysis (SP). This happens when the REM atonia sets in sooner than usual, before the person is fully asleep, or persists longer than usual, after the person has (in other respects) fully awoken.[17] Sleep paralysis is reportedly very frequent among narcoleptics. It occurs frequently in about 6% of the rest of the population, and occurs occasionally in 60%.[29] In surveys from Canada, China, England, Japan and Nigeria, 20 to 60% of individuals reported having experienced SP at least once in their lifetime.[30][31] The paralysis itself is frequently accompanied by additional phenomena. Typical examples include a feeling of being crushed or suffocated, electric "tingles" or "vibrations", imagined speech and other noises, the imagined presence of a visible or invisible entity, and sometimes intense emotion: fear or euphoria and orgasmic feelings.[30][32] SP has been proposed as an explanation for at least some alien abduction experiences and shadow people hauntings.[33]

en.wikipedia.org...

I had this maybe 2 or 3 times and i'm glad it didn't become common.
Hope you will be allright, best wishes.

OnlyLove.

edit on 13/6/2011 by OnlyLove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bex33
I've suffered with sleep paralysis all my life but lastnight it was accompanied with a horrible high picthed screeching fuzzy noise hard to explain. It felt like my brain was taking electric shocks, numb yet tingly and painfull?

Is this the start of what could be an OBE? I dont think I could get passed the fear to experience it though but I would like to. Anyone with similar experiences?

Sounds like you was just about to leave your body. It can be frightening at first but after a few more attempts it starts to become normal. Also it wont always be the same feelings, sounds etc so dont let that put you off. The best think is to not force anything, just do your best to remain calm, no fear or excitement. Was it self induced or after waking up in sleep?

I have had a hew time in paralyisis but I usually self induce them from meditation, I suggest practising more in meditation as it will help you get used to the feeling of numbness rather then waking up all of a sudden, when you are expecting it you will find it becomes a lot easier. But yes you were very close to an OBE, once it happens it starts to happen naturally also, I have even had projections from inside dreams lol.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by OnlyLove

Lol I like the experience.

It's good to know you're safe while experiencing something you cannot control.

It happens to me most when I'm up for many days, which is often being an insomniac.

Next thing however, they'll have laws against people who enjoy SP and setup monitors in our houses to ensure we do not break the law.

They're making laws up here out of thin air to apply to any old thing these days, Western Australia must be the most retarded state in Australia. If you have a good time, and it's legal? By jiminy, that's just will not do. Lets make up laws and apply it.

and I cant even go into the rant section to vent...

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Bex33

I have also been interested in the subject for a while. Would like to 'go' - but dunno how exactly to begin or where to sign up...

One of my biggest sourcees of inspiration on the subject has been a lecture called "My Big T.O.E." by Thomas Campbell.. Easy to find on uutuub.. Seems to me that he knows what its all about,

regards

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Bex33

That's the same with me, whenever I get SP, I always hear a very, very high pitched sound almost like a frequency as such.

I only get SP every few months, but I wish it occurred more often so I could explore with it.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by scottlpool2003
reply to post by Bex33

That's the same with me, whenever I get SP, I always hear a very, very high pitched sound almost like a frequency as such.

I only get SP every few months, but I wish it occurred more often so I could explore with it.

Sleep deprivation - or extreme tiredness - can bring it on.

I'm glad I am not the only one who likes to 'explore' it. Regardless of what causes it, it has a lot of interest for me.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Bex33

For me it sounds like someone stepping on styrofoam.
What's odd is the medical research suggests that the ear drum is actually acting as a conductor instead of as a receptor during these states. How odd is that?! The ear drum producing noise rather than detecting it. I really wish I could understand why the body does this.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
I find the noise (and yes it does sound remarkably like that damn barn owl) really painful. Always feels like the atoms of my brain are being ripped apart then squished back together.
*shudders*

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

DUDE! owls are scary now. frickin demons.

"i'm not at liberty to discuss the nature of my work" "yeah..we decode messages from other galaxies"

i've dislike sleep paralysis. it was kinda scary the first time when i was aware, but couldn't move or call for help. i experience that zap feeling in my head while i'm falling asleep alot, sometimes it jars me awake.
edit on 14-6-2011 by Bob Sholtz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I've experienced this too! More so in the last year. My first experiences were very scary, not being able to move or breathe. Then I moved on to seeing shadows and not being able to speak. The last couple of times I floated out of my body down the hall of my house, maybe further, and upon noticing this I would fight my way back floating through the air to get back in my body. I have often thought of it as an OBE, when it happens it feels so real, like if I could learn how to not freak, I could actually fly. Could it all have something to do with spiritual awakening I heard/read about. I have alot of those symtoms as well. Thanks for posting, I know I'm not alone.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Thanks for all the replys. The noise really does sound like that owl....listening to that creeps me out!

Luckily ive not had it again but I did wake up to see the shadow of a man walking towards me which was pretty freaky, was probably just a night terror which I also suffer with. Sleep is supposed to be a good thing!

Twice after sleep paralysis I have had a really vivid dream about going into my daughters' room to check on them...it's so real I wonder that if because im quite a worrier (check on the children often through the night) that even in my sleep I find my own means of going to check on them! Food for thought, it's just so real and then I wake up wondering if I did go check on them, afterall.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
It actually happens to me a lot. Every time it happens experience something different. The first few times it happened i remember waking up and seing this shadowy men in my door looking at me. I just went back to sleep like nothing happened. After that i remember it happening but i just felt truly paralyzed and i could not move. It did not really scare me. Cause i wanted to see what would happened. The next few times it happened i remember feeling like i was being shaken and i was sweating. It was like a panic attack.

Then a few times i remember feeling a (sorry if this is offensive) big orgsam right before i woke up. The last few times that this has happened it has gotten much weirder. I always in my dream seem to be walking in my room where i am sleeping talking to a ghost or person. And then i go back to my body and i wake up. Its like if i was waking in my dream form around my room. Last night while waking up i was standing up in but I Could still see a hologram projection in front of my eyes. It was something straight out of a Harry Potter movie !!!. I think that this experiences are encounters with interdimentional beings. Things are getting really interesting.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
That owl freaked me out, it indeed sounds like a sleep paralysys I had once. I don't think it's OBE-related though I am a large sceptic on that front. From my own personal experience, sleep paralysys happened when I have had a sensory overload. When my brain and nervous system had alot to deal with in a short amount of time.

top topics

join