It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OBE? I might now believe...and I or We need your help!!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Ok so first its way off better to start with a nice apology for all my previous posts on ATS relating to OBE (Out of Body Experience). I was a stubborn skeptic of this event , having also tried it myself with no success I literally thought that it could not be done.

Until a person yesterday changed my mind on the subject.

Out of the blue, without discussing OBE or anything special or paranormal , this person which is a close friend of mine told me about her two OBE's which happened to her unwillingly at the age of 12.

She described her experience pretty well and for a person who does not read about OBE, and to my knowledge do not participate in web forums etc, her experience literally matched what I have been reading for so long here. She felt so afraid with what happened to her that ever since she sleeps lying obn the bed face down since she believes it helps her not to OBE.

Ok..so now I might consider these experiences as something real.

What I would like to know now is the following :

Can you leave the room and travel out in the Cosmos? (My friend told me she was stuck in the room)
If you can do this..
Can you have a look at what is incoming? If there is really PlanetX incoming?
Can you travel to distant Stars and check for us if life is present? and what sort of life exists?

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Good question...i hope someone will answer it. I have several questions too. Are you at the same place when you go out of the body. do you see people walkin around or you can see only other astral projected people...

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
To answer your questions.....Yes,yes and yes

You can leave the room and go about the cosmos. Thinking is the best way to do this, just think yourself to a location, and you'll be there before the thought has ended. You can go anywhere in the universe you desire. Stand on the surface of the sun if you like. (I went to the moon on my 1 and only OBE, it's awesome up there) Ypu can usually go right through solid objects, only thing I've heard that you can't go through, is electricity.

As for going out to see what is incoming, all I can go by is from what I've read, but you can time travel in an OBE. But time is a funny old thing, and going to a specific localtion in time and place isn't all that straight forward. If you think of our time, the way we experience it, is like a straight line. Well, it's not like that "over there" it's more like the line has been folded up like laundry. If you were to draw a line from where you are, down into the laundry, this would be the times you could jump to, the ones which are in line to where you are. if that makes sense.

I used to be a big skeptic on this subject too. So for me to be writing this post out, makes me chuckle.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
An out of body experience where you're "stuck in the room?"

Honestly the only one I've had was when I was alone, seventeen years old, and ate 1/8 of psylocybin mushrooms.

Good luck out there!

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   
I have only told 1 or 2 closest friends about my OOBE;s. I do not feel comfortable talking about them to almost anyone, because people just don't believe you or they say you are just dreaming etc etc and so the conversation is just nothing but me defending myself in vain as I don't think it is anything that someone can really believe or understand unless they have experienced it.

I had many OOBE when I was younger. I have not had one for quite some time, in fact not since I started having to wear a CPAP mask when I sleep, I guess the subtle noise it makes plus having something strapped to my face just doesn't let me relax enough.

To be honest, EVERY OOBE I have ever had scared the hell out of me. Even though I have had dozens of them, and my logical mind knows that I have not died and everything will be okay, I am always flooded with a combination of irrational fear and just trying to process the totally different "sensory" experience.

I have read of people that have traveled great distances such as to the moon and such, but I have never personally tried. Usually when I have an OOBE I end up wasting my time on mundane things like exploring my immediate surroundings, trying to remain calm, trying to control my movement (sometimes I just float and thrash around like a bee in a swimming pool).

I would be interested to hear of any distant OOBE travels, what was seen, etc.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by heineken

When you die you get a big shot of '___' from your brain and you pretty much trip 'till the end of time.

Too easy? :/

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

i must be than guilty of living the afterlife on earth many times indeed

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Blazer

@Blazer..

Thank you for your input..i understand it is very difficult to share..

Your post related to my friend's experience a lot, in fact as i mentioned in my opening post she was scared all the time, she only wanted to return safely to her body.

I wish I could experience this myself but I already tried in vain, also downloaded some mp3's which state to alter the Brain waves..nothing

I would love to go rushing through the Universe at full speed and answer some questions of mine.

I hope this thread catch the attention of some distance traveling OBE'ers

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

but than my skeptic mind asks..how we still have so many unanswered questions??

Who built the pyramids, how and why for example?

If there are people capable of time traveling during obe's, how come nobody dared to answer the above?

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by heineken
reply to post by Zamini

i must be than guilty of living the afterlife on earth many times indeed

I have a link somewhere...... About DXM, which triggers '___' in the brain.

Confessions of a Mortal God:

www.tripzine.com...
edit on 13-6-2011 by Zarxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   

I'd guess because when someone turns round and starts a conversation with "I was time traveling last night and...." interest from "normal folk" would soon be down to zero and everyone would think that you're nuts. You'll find the answer you're looking for, if you silence the mind, and learn to listen for the answers. Deep meditation, and that state of mind, is where you find the answers. You know when they say "look within, and you shall find" or some such cliched sayings. Well that's what they mean. It is within you.

Blimey I sound like a right hippy today

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Zarxx

now thanks for that...its indeed an interesting read..unfortunately im at work and cant go through it relax as much as i want...be reading this stuff later at home

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Ok so first its way off better to start with a nice apology for all my previous posts on ATS relating to OBE (Out of Body Experience). I was a stubborn skeptic

Let this be an example and a warning to all other sceptics, you really haven't considered all the angles and are demeaning other peoples discernment abilities, intelligence and honesty every time you pounce on someone claiming something you "KNOW" is impossible or wrong.

I'm glad you have come to this realisation heineken, it must have been a real Carlsberg moment.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Thepreye

thank you for your post...accepting the fact that we are made of a spirit that actually can leave the body at will literally re-writes my whole perception of life and beyond..

telling you the truth i'm still at the early stages of realizing it...it might take some time to re-format my ideas

but i guarantee you that i'm not one who steps back

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Starred glad you took it in the way it was meant, cheers.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Hello there..
Guess were sort of in the samen place there.. I am also intrigued by the idea but have never actually experienced anything remotely close to what you describe...

One thing I do know though is that you should look into two guys called ROBERT MONROE and THOMAS CAMPBELL.. Especially that last one, mr.Campbell has made an excellent presentation - called "my big T.O.E. (theory of everything) about his experiences. And amde a book like a brick that I cannot seem to finish. Started working in htis field in the states in the 70' and has never finished... And has an almost 'santa-like' glow.. A very cool oldtimer. Easy to find on uutuub... Do it :-)

regards

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   

It seems you need more than a few quick posts from strangers to help you out on this subject.
There is a lot of mumble-jumble about OBEs, especially on the internet where anybody can come across as an expert.

I highly recommend two books by Robert A Monroe. The first was "Journeys Out of the Body," Monroe speaks about his discovery of his own skills in this area in a matter-of-fact manner as a successful businessman. He later went on to develop the Hemi-Sync tapes and eventually the Monroe Institute where the US Army trained some of their Remote Viewers. His descriptons are not drug-induced as can be found with Terrance McKenna and others, yet the experiences are about the same. His second book is "Far Journeys" that carries the story on.

I'm sure you can find these books used on Amazon, or at used book stores. I believe you will find these excellent books for information about a subject that seems highly suspect from some quarters.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Obe is something common in spiritual society in here. Journey to know the true yourself would begin when someone experiencing obe.

The question is what kind of obe, considering there are some definition what is it.
Some spiritual society here identified obe with basic rule like this.
Everyone had a soul and spirit ( hard to translate lol just the best i can )

Soul has 8 layers while spirit only one and when spirit gone, we ll be dead.
The lowest obe is when only 1 layer of soul out from body. This wont need much energy, but vision and identifying ability decrease while exploring capacity increase with the same power. In this stage, attacking and defending is getting less too but can only use less power as equal more or less 1/8 full power. Body impact to whatever happens to the soul will be less too.

When obe with 2 layers of soul until 6 layers of soul , power getting more needed and ability will increase, but then stamina will be less too.With certain ability, obe with 1 till 6 layers of soul out can be achieve when we fully awake. Some says from 4 layers of soul out or more, soul can attack in physically form.
With more ability, when someone experiencing obe, they can split their soul into layer so basically like devided obe. Like 2 layers go out and go to separated way.

From 7 to 8 layers of soul out, it must be done in sleeping condition and wont get up till at least 2 layer or more ( depends on ability or power of the person ) back to its body.

This is very crucial time cos they need someone or something to guard their physic body. Usually their teacher, fellow student or other beings.
Many case that someone who learn this and "stole" the technique from other without guidance and "agreement" normally like between student and teacher bonds, while obe with lots of layers out , they end up getting crazy.
This is happen when something just go to their physic body, animate it and controlling it, while the real soul cant do nothing or held by something.

Just share different view from different culture

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I havent studied OBE's in quite some years .. since my research further shifted onto NDEs .. which i have studied for many years with a passion (over 2000 accounts of NDEs)

I have never really had an OBE myself .. with exception of a very basic looking down on myself from the ceiling when i was 4 ..

I would like to add though ...

Was it not a type of OBE that Edgar Cayce would invoke ... when he would speak with wise beings .. and get advice and wisdom ? ... Apprently it was .. If so .. then it would suggest you can not only travel the universe during an OBE .. but also varying levels / dimensions .. depending .. im not sure anyone on an OBE could do that at will ...

Also ... I wish i could remember the details for this ... but there are structures and caves in some places in the world .. that have been shaped as such, to amplify certain accoustics ? ... in these caves .. shaman / witch doctors would chant .. before experiencing what could be described as something similar to cayce .. travelling to another plane .. and meeting with other wise men ... I could dig around for more edtailed info if needed ...

OBE and NDE's have many similar traits .. but one main difference is .. OBE'rs are apparently still tied to the physical realm, by what some describe as like an elastic chord of plasma .. attached in a similar way to the umbilical cord of a baby ...

If memory serves correct .. not everyone sees this chord ... but the ones that do know it is how they are still attached to their body ...
I also remember some say .. that if they wandered too far .. or stayed out too long .. they felt they would lose their connection and die .... but this feeling may be falsely induced by fear ..

Since accepting that OBE's, in general are real ... I felt i had more to learn .. from the people who were leaving their body .. during critical times like car crashes .. surgery .. etc .. and due to the nature of their traumatic detachment from their body .. are often met by someone to guide them ...

That is the only way in this world that i can truly say i found God .. The bible or other written scriptures and books just didnt do it for me .,..

I also know 3 people in the real world personally, whom i trust very much .. who can sincerely describe their near deathe experiences to me .. i do not accept they are lying .. so that leaves .. they are mistaken .. or they are correct ..

Good luck heineken

edit on 13-6-2011 by Segenam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I think it's a sign of greatness to consider that one could have been wrong on a very controversial topic, even if that means that your whole perception of the world is going to change. Respect for that!

1. Can you leave the room and travel out in the Cosmos? (My friend told me she was stuck in the room)
If you can do this..
2. Can you have a look at what is incoming? If there is really PlanetX incoming?
3. Can you travel to distant Stars and check for us if life is present? and what sort of life exists?

1. Yes, it is possible to leave the room and move through walls/doors, but all of this takes exercise and might not be easy for someone who 'only' experienced the separation from the physical body for the first time. So, is it possible to travel to distant stars? I honestly don't know, because I think that a person who is experiencing an O-B-E has projected (in most cases unconsciously) into the lower Astral, which is quite similar to our physical world, but not entirely the same-especially the higher you ascend within the Astral Planes. (remark: you might want to research the topic Astral Projection to extend your knowledge about the Astral, if you seek for more information than the available material on the O-B-E-phenomenon).

2. Possibly. With a lot of experience you might be able to enter the Akasha (also know as 'Akashic Records'), which is our social memory complex (the 'library' where every thought/event that ever happened is 'stored', but also the place where probabilities of the past and future can be found) and manage to find an accurate prediction of what is going to happen. The difficulty lies (apparently) therein that these predictions are difficult to interpret as you do not see what is going to happen like a vivid movie, but more like a vortex of symbolism. The symbolism used by the people who are going to experience this event is naturally highly influenced by their mindsets and the society they are living in. This brings us to the point where it might be difficult to tell if someone was just terribly scared after watching the movie 'Deep Impact", a person who believes in an cometary impact and someone who actually experienced such an Extinction Level Event.

I think I read on someones website about a prediction he saw in the Akasha, which involved the 'grim reaper' releasing the 'dogs of war' and someone addressing an audience, without him understanding what the symbolism of the prediction meant, until the gulf war began and he realized that it was the symbolism of war and Saddam Hussein preparing his nation for an upcoming war.

3. This question is to difficult for me to give you an appropriate answer as this is beyond my knowledge at this moment. Currently, I think it might be possible that the Astral World is only connected with this planet and its inhabitants/spirits, which means that there is no connection to other planets and their very own spiritual world.

Nonetheless, don't trust my words but make your own experiences and search for your own truth!
If you are patient and open-minded you will be able to experience an out of body experience (or even better a conscious astral projection) yourself. It took me about 5 months of trial and error, a lot of patience and an error quote of 100% (unsuccessful attempts) until I finally had my very first O-B-E. You can make it if you really want..... All the knowledge about Astral Projection is out there on the internet, you only have to seek for it.
edit on 13-6-2011 by SunLightyear because: addition made

Oh yeah, this is the link with the prediction of the gulf war (you can find it under 'The Akashic Records')
www.v-j-enterprises.com/rbruce2.html
edit on 13-6-2011 by SunLightyear because: link added

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join