It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is going on with the weather

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 07:10 PM
link   
what is going on with weather

I heard something about a climate switch, as in the poles reversing. So in like a hundred years it will be warm in Canada.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I have been researching (just started) the affect of the suns solar flares/cmes/geomagnetic storms etc and see if they affect the earths climate.
Now i live in England(UK) and the weather here is so wierd i mean yesterday i was sunbathing in the garden with my lass from 11-4pm (look like a lobster now mind you!) the sky was perfectly clear just nice and blue although it was extremely humid! We had something to eat and around 7-8 pm it starts raining extremely hard for about 20mins then stops then starts raining around 11pm till god knows when.
What the hells going on! This is England were not used to all this extreme heat then raining we just dont get enough time to acclimatise just give us one or the other please!!!

I found this:-

"From the mid 1600s to early 1700s, a period of very low sunspot activity (known as the Maunder Minimum) coincided with a number of long winters and severe cold temperatures in Western Europe, called the Little Ice Age. It is not known whether the two phenomena are linked or if it was just coincidence."
www.crh.noaa.gov...

hmm coincidence....

Also here is a table about which types of space weather can affect earth
solar-center.stanford.edu...
If you dont want to read through it all then heres a short version

Change in solar irradiance contribute to global warming
Sunspots MAYBE contributing

WOW just found this...
SUNSPOT WATCH: Sunspot 649, which unleashed five X-class solar flares in July, has returned, and it's growing again. Witness this 3-day (Aug. 6th - 8th) animation from the Solar and Heliospheric Observatory:
Sunspot 649 is the one on the left. If the active region continues to develop, it could soon pose a renewed threat for strong solar flares.

PICTURE...
www.spaceweather.com...

Little explanation:
"X-class flares are big; they are major events that can trigger planet-wide radio blackouts and long-lasting radiation storms."

Also if you look at the chances of m and x-ray solar flares they keep going up everyday! Also on www.spaceweather.com

The 7th of august was hot but the 8th was even hotter in England now is this coincidence? Anyone else notice weather changes from the 6th august to the 8th?

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by markjaxson
I have been researching (just started) the affect of the suns solar flares/cmes/geomagnetic storms etc and see if they affect the earths climate.
Now i live in England(UK) and the weather here is so wierd i mean yesterday i was sunbathing in the garden with my lass from 11-4pm (look like a lobster now mind you!) the sky was perfectly clear just nice and blue although it was extremely humid! We had something to eat and around 7-8 pm it starts raining extremely hard for about 20mins then stops then starts raining around 11pm till god knows when.
What the hells going on! This is England were not used to all this extreme heat then raining we just dont get enough time to acclimatise just give us one or the other please!!!

Also here is a table about which types of space weather can affect earth
solar-center.stanford.edu...
If you dont want to read through it all then heres a short version

Change in solar irradiance contribute to global warming
Sunspots MAYBE contributing

WOW just found this...
SUNSPOT WATCH: Sunspot 649, which unleashed five X-class solar flares in July, has returned, and it's growing again. Witness this 3-day (Aug. 6th - 8th) animation from the Solar and Heliospheric Observatory:
Sunspot 649 is the one on the left. If the active region continues to develop, it could soon pose a renewed threat for strong solar flares.

PICTURE...
www.spaceweather.com...
Also if you look at the chances of m and x-ray solar flares they keep going up everyday! Also on www.spaceweather.com

The 7th of august was hot but the 8th was even hotter in England now is this coincidence? Anyone else notice weather changes from the 6th august to the 8th?

Hi, Mark:

Yes, our weather in TX where I live was very hot the other day, don't remember the date, though, then cooler like the next day. We had a minor cool front come in, but basically we NEVER have cool fronts in August. It's been totally crazy.

Then if you'll go back and read my posts on here, I mentioned that not far from where we live in late July, some places had 13 inches of rain OVERNIGHT. I've never seen this before, ever! I'm 51. I keep telling people to listen to Jim Mccanney. I have given a link to his Web site. Like I said in other posts, I don't agree with his anti-government rantings, but he has some very decent information concerning the sun and what is going on. I think it's well worth people listening to his radio broadcasts. One might listen to the July 15 broadcast. I think in an earlier one, maybe the 7th of July or earlier, he had a good one about the sun. I haven't listened to many of them yet.

I would really like to know what people think about what he's talking about. I really would. If you'll look at some of his pictures of comets on this Web site like comet Bradfield, it is definitely strange.

Tiza

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 06:57 AM
link   
hey

its my first post but i have to agree with everyone here. something is happening also in england, here in my town we had terentail rain this is taken from a local newspaper.

High Wycombe, Bucks, had two thirds of its monthly rain with 42mm in one hour.
if you google high wycombe rain it will show up. also i believe it made national newspapers aswell.

i would say that is pretty phenominal and i dont recall it happening before.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I have to admit, the weather does seem to get a little freakier each year.

I also have to admit to being astonished that people still think that humankinds bad habits have nothing to do with it.

Someone mentioned Al Gore and his remarks about SUVs.

You shouldn't take this statement too literally. I believe he is talking about how inefficient SUVs are for ferrying kids to and from school, or for picking up shopping or commuting to and from work. Where as a small car with less emissions can do the same job for cheaper with far less impact on the environment, it's just common sense, something SUV drivers have removed and replaced with a large dose of selfishness (IMO).

In all truth, there is no way I could confirm or deny the impact global emmissions have on the weather or nature in general, but I'd be living in denial if I believed it had no impact at all. Millions upon Millions of vehicles with combustable engines exist throughout the world together with fossil fuelled power stations, masses of aircraft, heating, air conditioning etc...the list is emmense.

Prevention is better than cure, and if we carry on this way, I doubt I'll get the chance to get to say "I told you so...!!"

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 08:16 AM
link   
If the governments was so worried about cars/suvs putting out so much pollution then why dont they get together with the car manufacturers and make everyone drive electronic cars, kill two birds with one stone...
Reduce pollution and because electronic cars (although they cant go as fast as the ones available now)it would reduce road traffic accidents aswell!

Now its not our faults because the only other ways of transportation is buses (no chance!Especially in UK as the transport system is crap to say the least!and there would be no room for everyone in the current situation we are in and especially where i live!) cycling (Who would get to work on time having to drive over 10 miles to get to work) Now the only reason i think that the government doesnt want electronic cars is because they wont get as much money from petrol tax etc

This is just my thought,maybe im getting abit off subject but if earth is in such a bad situation it could so easily be resolved with abit of thought and teamwork.So why dont they do it!

And 42 inches of rain in an hour is unreal! Il have a look at that when i have time and im going to listen to that guy Tiza mentioned about sounds interesting.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 08:40 AM
link   
so this isn't exactly related to the weather, but i'm sure it does tie together somehow.

there have been cicadas everywhere around here. usually you just hear them, and never find them. well i've been finding them! a couple in the cars, and a few in the basement. what would be driving the bugs to get places they shouldn't get? we can't figure out how they got into the basement. they'd have to fly in one of the doors, and then we'd see a giant bug flying around the house. it's just weird. any ideas anyone?

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 08:46 AM
link   
just to give an ohio update. Last winter we had atleast one day where the temperature reached 60 degrees farenheight. Alot more 40 & 50 degree days. The normal is from 20 to 35 degrees possibly 40. In May we had a 90 degree day as well as june we had a couple. We are know in july when the temps are suppose to reach 90 degrees, they haven't been higher than 85 degrees. We have had temps in the 70's, some 80's.

There definately is something wierd going on. Somebody with a little time should create logs of these temps from around the world and see if there are any patterns. Compare the data to say 10 years ago, 20 so on and so forth. Anyway just a thought.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Thats good idea that was my original idea when i made the thread Sun Watch 2004 (Space Exploration part of the forums)i read that scientists and the like have already been doing this but alot of people has dismissed it as coincidence so i will set up some logs when i get time tonight i will post them on here for the last couple of weeks just so we get a general idea and if anyone else is genuinely interested i will get the information on the last 10 years of data which will include weather averages/freak weather and compare this with the solar activity etc.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Ok just done a big update on my thread www.abovetopsecret.com...
And if you read everything there is clearly (or is that just me?) a relation between the suns solar activities and our weather you can even see our weather right now is mostly above average for high temps and rainfall...
Even hailstone is essex the size of marbles!This is supposed to be summer!
Have a look for yourself and tell me your thoughts please.
Regards

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Thats some great work there markjaxson. Im with you, I believe the sunspots are affecting the weather. After I read all the info on spaceweather.com
I was shocked at just how much ativity was going on. This makes alot of sense when you compare to the weather we are having.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 03:26 PM
link   
yep i no england is acting kinda stange i have seen huge variation in spiders in my house hobo spiders are everywhere we have caught 5 in one day with out traps they have just been seen (and from what i have read on them they are the largest they get if not larger). i also find it hard to sleep at night here, and i said 42mm of rain 4.2 cm but i no it caused havoc over here and i have family in essex will see if they are experiencing anything. i no in london it was bad aswell flooding all over the place we were even predicted snow i heard from one source and we have had loads of thunder and fork lightenting.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid
there have been cicadas everywhere around here. usually you just hear them, and never find them. well i've been finding them! a couple in the cars, and a few in the basement. what would be driving the bugs to get places they shouldn't get? we can't figure out how they got into the basement. they'd have to fly in one of the doors, and then we'd see a giant bug flying around the house. it's just weird. any ideas anyone?

It is weird here in the Chicago burbs too. Last time the cicadas came through there were tons of them. I mean literally the entire ground outside of my house was covered with their shells so that you couldn't even get to the car without crunching over thousands of them. This time - I haven't seen 1. Not a single one.

But on a more directly related note - the weather here in Chicago is definitely way out of wack. Normally August is unbearably hot and humid. We should be at least upper 80's at this time of year but right now it is 58! 58 degrees! That is October weather here. The fasion folks are going to have to forget the seasonal garb and get those sweaters on the racks! Very, very weird.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Well here is is 2005, and the weather is still continuing to be out of wack. All the rain in Ca, and yesterday I heard somewhere in Ca had received 20 feet of snow, Im 33 years old, and I have never heard of anyplace having 20 feet of snow before, much less Ca.

Here on the Ky, Oh, Wv border where I live. We have just went through our 5th flood in the last 8 months. It is in the 60's today and tomorrow we are to be in the 70's and here it is the 11th of Jan. There is some kind of change going on here, anyone can see it.

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Plus, we haven't gotten 3 inches of snow in midwestern Wisconsin. This whole year. Period.

And I'm going insane!

Why the hell do places like Kentucky and Oregon and Texas and California get more fecking snow than Wisconsin?! It's not like they're farther North than us, right?! Seriously, I need somebody to blame for this weather right now before I hurt another weatherman.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join