It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is going on with the weather

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 06:24 PM
link   
We just got over our wierd weather incident this passing week. I live in Rio Rancho New MExico just outside of Albuequerque and we actually had a tornado literally 8 miles from out house. And we had another one before that about a month ago. That's extremely rare for the area i live in, the first since i've been living here. I never want to see another one.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by brykc14
Thanks Tiza for the info on the sun spots, Im going to check that out.

And I agree with you subline..I like this weather to, usaually I hate
going outside during July and August but this year I have really enjoyed it.

You're welcome, Brykc. Here is what spaceweather.com says about two sunspots, which are 649 and 652. 652 is the monster one. 649 is facing the earth side right now, but it's dimenished somewhat from what it was.

>RETURNING SUNSPOTS: Last month sunspots 649 and 652 caused intense geomagnetic storms on Earth, resulting in auroras in Arizona, Kansas and California. Normally the 'spots would have vanished by now--the lifetime of a typical sunspot is only a few weeks--but these behemoths refuse to go away. Sunspot 652 is visible, via helioseismic holography, on the other side of the sun: <

Brykc, of course when we get those huge sunspots, then lots of places get the beautiful auroras.

Go to this place and look at the lates images, which is on the left-hand side of the page under 'Data." sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

That is SOHO. After you've clicked 'latest images," it will pull up another page. Kind of in the middle is a list of August dates. At the bottom of this list is 'earlier dates.' Click it and start looking up dates from 7/15/2004 onward. I think that you'll have to type in 20040715. It shows you how. There's two different ways. You'll see sunspot 652. A good pict to look at on this is the one with the time of 13:19 UT. Can't miss it. It's larger than the planet Jupiter. Now, I think this is 652. It could be 649. 649 was huge too! Look at the dates 7/15/2004 until 8/1/2004.

Tiza

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I had read about sunspots before, but I was amazed when I saw that these 2 sun spots keep coming back.

And it just so happens that when these 2 spots started that was around the time that we had our tornados here in Eastern Ky. Like I said before, iits very strange for us to have tornados here because eastern Ky is nothing but mountains. I always knew tornados where common in western and central Ky because it is flat there. But for us to have them is so wierd. Maybe there is something about these sunspots and them affecting the weather.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by brykc14
And it just so happens that when these 2 spots started that was around the time that we had our tornados here in Eastern Ky. Like I said before, iits very strange for us to have tornados here because eastern Ky is nothing but mountains. I always knew tornados where common in western and central Ky because it is flat there. But for us to have them is so wierd. Maybe there is something about these sunspots and them affecting the weather.

Same with us, Bryck, but ours has been rain. Yes, some places around have had very bad storms with tornadoes. Here is something else strange. Back in June it rained 18 days out of the month. Some places in Parker County, TX had 12 inches of rain and lakes flooded. It was a huge mess! June is just not our rainy month where I live in TX, but it rained so much. I don't remember one clear day at all the whole month.

I was just recently listening to Jim McCanney. His Web site link is: www.jmccanneyscience.com...

I know some people don't like him. Actually, I don't care for his anti-government stuff at all, so when I download one of his radio shows to listen to, I skip over that stuff. I think he doesn't like any government. But he makes a lot of sense when talking about the sun and the weather and science. I try to keep an open mind and throw away the bad and keep the good stuff that I listen to.

Tiza

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 09:46 PM
link   
And the arrival of the new world, the King.. and no its not J, hes buried and will have to answer to the higher power for introducing idol worship, for if christians were real believers they would believe in one G-D not a man, and they would not have a jew , dead attached to a upside down knife in thier houses lives temples churches wallets, for your admitting that you all killed him with your swords, and are asking for forgiveness from G-D his father .... right.. and go on get mad as you are all just worshipping a dead jew..

What did he do that was so great?
Prove to me that he rose from the grave no 1, then number two, I want the worlds combined approval 2 then give me proof that he did good to this world 3 then give me proof that he is G-ds only chosen special son..4 and number 5 why did he die for us people, who says that the new testament is true even, its 12 men not even prophets true recognized worldly prophets, but so called christians who wrote a bout a confused lost jews life, who stole G-D's holy name and went a bit bonkers, and stared his own vibe which became a world wide religion , wierd stuff man....

Doesn't anybody who searched this religion have anything to say, as thats the version I heard, and its pretty real, I'm mean back then they killed this crazy JEW and scracrifised him whatever like who cares, or since when did the world care if JEWs die? I mean lets get real, ok he rose from the grave, who knows , maybe they all had a bit of red wine , got pissed so much because they were so happy they killed another jew, and some twack said he rose, Paul, john Peter, who ever... I mean its almost as sad as Mohammud dork, bring down black angels spirts here to give him a formulah, for helping satan over power G-D, oh by the way he feels soorry and wants to repent, and get bapstised, or whatever he can in order so he himself satan does not have to be condemned to hell, in the new era when G-D reveals the king of the world......... not jesus , and even if he is then hey you idol worshippers can be happy with your risen dead JEW, but you'll go to hell for sending the rest of his brothers there , so your all in sh#t city either way???/ HUMMMMM tough one .
hey

Your wondering what in hell does this have to do with the weather...

Well just be a good person and do your seven or 613 commandments and you'll be brought back to the world if you die in the final wars........

Good luck ladies and gentlemen

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I don't know if this is really a statisical abnormality in terms of weather, but a possible thought I had was, could it be the flucuating of the Earth's magnetic field? It will get spotty and very irregular while it flips the next 1000 years. Would that have effects that would distort regular weather patterns?

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Would the flucuating magnetic field have an effect?

Ive wondered the same thing. Ive heard alot obout the magnetic field here lately. Like I said in my first post. I had a flock of birds over a hundred of them just leave like 2 weeks ago. And they have always in the past 7 years since I Lived here, stay until mid October. So I cant figure out why the left so early, Maybe its the weather or maybe it has something to do with the magnetic field.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by slank
I don't know if this is really a statisical abnormality in terms of weather, but a possible thought I had was, could it be the flucuating of the Earth's magnetic field? It will get spotty and very irregular while it flips the next 1000 years. Would that have effects that would distort regular weather patterns?

Hi, Slank:

Well, it definitely could be the electromagnetic field, but that could also be the electromagnetic field in our atmosphere that is messed up right now from the sun. Listen to Jim McCanney's, July 15 radio broadcast. He talks about this. The Web site link is: www.jmccanneyscience.com...

Do a Ctrl-F for "find" and type July 15. You'll get to his broadcast quickly. Also, on this message board I noticed there's some post called "Sun Watch 2004." They are talking about the sun's effects on the earth. There was an article recently and can't remember if it was at space.com or someplace else, that talks about how the sun is affecting our earth's weather.

Tiza

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Hi ya brykc14, fellow east ky-ian here loving this weather too. I had to put on a sweatshirt Saturday morning..and while it is a bit strange for August, I look at it as a nice break from the heat. We've had a lot more rain this year and the temps have held down to tolerable. Ya know what, if it had been our usual hot, dry year that we've seen for the last decade or two, the global warming nuts would have been screaming their heads off. Now that its cooler, its the north atlantic current shutting down. It seems that no matter what the temp or precip, its man's fault..nevermind the fact that the earth's climate warmed in recovery from an ice age nor that the build-up of CO2 followed the actual warming trend as it has done for thousands of years.

In physical geaography and /or climatology we cannot look at such short term events to judge long term changes. Nothing is happening as a result of CO2 but I will give you that the earth's climate is changing...but if people think we can do anything other than adapt, they're spinning their wheels so to speak.

If you ask me, my opinion from talking to elders in my community who have more experience than my 35 years, I think we've been in a very long albeit moderate drought for the last couple of decades and this might be due to the solar cycle. It now seems this is over and if the stories I've been told of old time winters are any indicator, we just may see the Big Sandy River frozen over in the next few winters. That hasn't happened in my lifetime but little more than half century ago, it was common for farmers to haul firewood and supplies my mule and sled accross the ice.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Sadly to report but the weather in SouthWest Florida is still:

-Humid beyond belief
-Raining at least 4 days a week with over an inch each time
-Yielding Mosquitoes at a feverish pace

Nothing too out of the ordinary here, but I have noticed the variances in other places.

I read that HAARP is strong enough when completely focused to move small frontal systems. This is indeed scary in itself.

Back to digging for information on HAARP

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illuminus
Sadly to report but the weather in SouthWest Florida is still:

-Humid beyond belief
-Raining at least 4 days a week with over an inch each time
-Yielding Mosquitoes at a feverish pace

Nothing too out of the ordinary here, but I have noticed the variances in other places.

I read that HAARP is strong enough when completely focused to move small frontal systems. This is indeed scary in itself.

Back to digging for information on HAARP

Hello,
I don't know much about HAARP yet. I saw a post about it one day or a link or something like that.

Oh, our weather if fixing to change again. We're due for some more storms and rain. It's supposed to be a lot cooler again. I was going to watch the Perseid meteor shower Wed. night, but now it may be cloudy. It's said though that you can see meteors from it until Aug. 22nd, but it's supposed to peak 8/11-12.

Now, if you go to spaceweather, they are saying that Sunspot 649 is growing again. Those stinkers just won't go away. We're way out of that 11-year solar cycle. I think in 2000 we were supposed to be in the cycle where there's rarely sunspots. This one is puzzling scientists. If I can find the articles that I've read on this, I'll link y'all.

Tiza

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 11:35 AM
link   
i live in colorado springs to shwartz! Moved here from denver but i guess the weather is the same. I mean it snowed on the first day of summer!!! I hope because the temps have been down it not going to snow hard this winter. I live in the mountains and have to take a dirt road to work and back!! Its hot one day then its raining,hailing and 60 degrees. I cant believe this. I rather live in hawaii where its 80 all year

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 11:41 AM
link   
For a few weeks now i had been planning to go outside in the morning at 6 AM and go for a bike ride. Lol yea right now that it is August when i decided to go outside its COLD. I told myself it was just me but you know what I live in Edmonton, AB, CAN and even here its not supposed to be this cold right now. Your right it does feel like October weather. -_- ruins the summer if you ask me. Normally i dont like it that hot and the cold weather is nice, but if its already october cold now... what will it be like in January
. Hope it doesnt get ungodly cold cause i usually bike to work. Ill have to start up the old mustang if it gets too cold

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I found an interesting article. Sometimes you have to almost read between the lines on many things, but there is a specific place in the article that I want you to see.

>>Sun Kicks Up Major Flare
By Robert Roy Britt
Senior Science Writer
posted: 02:30 pm ET
15 July 2004

Earlier this month the Sun was as quiet as can be and free of the dark sunspots that generate eruptions of magnetic energy and hot gas. Now the solar surface is dotted with brooding blotches, and overnight a major flare erupted.

The strong eruption, labeled an X2, involved an intense flash of radiation late Wednesday evening (East Coast time). All X-flares are considered major, and the associated number denotes just how strong they are.

Major flares sometimes also hurl clouds of hot gas into space. These coronal mass ejections (CMEs) can threaten Earth-orbiting satellites and surface power grids, and also fuel colorful sky aurora referred to as the Northern Lights.

The X2 flare did not send a CME toward Earth, according to the NASA-run web site Spaceweather.com. The flash emanated from a large sunspot group numbered 649, which recently rotated into view on the left side of the Sun.

Another big sunspot system lurks just behind the limb of the Sun and will appear over the weekend.

Either of the two sunspots groups fuel major eruptions over the next week to 10 days that could affect Earth. Sunspots are cooler regions of twisted magnetic fields at the solar surface. They're a bit like tops on a shaken soda bottle that, when released, can let out a lot of pent-up material.

Researchers cannot yet predict when sunspots will snap. But solar activity is expected to be at moderate to high for several days, according to NASA and the Space Environment Center, the cosmic equivalent of the National Weather Service.

Last October and November, the Sun generated an amazing series of 10 X-class flares in the space of two weeks. One was the most powerful on record, an X28. A few spacecraft were damaged or disabled, and a significant bit of Mars' atmosphere was stripped away.

Scientists recently announced that the fastest of those fall blasts has reached the edge of the solar system.

Sun Cams
Aurora Monitor
Mysteries of the Sun

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Hey Astro.. Im 32 and I dont know about the Sandy River...I do remember the Tug Fork River frezzing a couple of times when I was around 7 or 8. And it was hard enough to walk across . My mom still talks about not being able to find me, and when she finally did, there I was standing on the river. Kids..what can ya say but no fear..lol

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Another Michigander here. This iss the weirdest summer I can remember, although last year had more cooler days than normal.
This year however, it's even cooler with bouts of heavy, heavy rain. Lake St; Clair seems back to normal after several years of low levels.

UM_Gazz...thanks for the link to your post

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 03:39 PM
link   
The Pacific Northwest has had great weather since March! We may want to rethink our gardening and swith to cactus or cacti.

We had rain this last Friday and it was a little cooler Saturday morning, but our weather in mostly like LA and has been. People usually make jokes about how much it rains in the Seattle area - not this year baby! People are complaining because they are not used to it; fact is, it has been changing drastically for the last three years. Mild winters, great spring and hello summer! Can't wait to see what the Fall will be like this year.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I personally think its the polar ice caps melting. More atmosphere water, more rain there for collar temperatures south. Wasnt there some huge chunk of glacier that broke off in the spring somewhere? Hell all over the world the glaciers are melting.
Then theres those freaky contrails Im seeing this summer. They might have uv sensitive particles in them to help disperse radiation from our over active sun this summer. Sh*t know one wants a repeat of last summers black outs. Last thing our governments wants is the people to loose faith in the countries infrastructure. Im gonna get it for mentioning chem/con trials. But I swear I was seeing a lot of them earlier this summer, more than usual.

[edit on C:Monocu08e8 by Opus]

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Well umm, yer full of allot of hate man.. Wheres the love dude.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Well, if the changes in the weather only happen in North America, then thats not a global event causing the changes, its a local event, not the Sun spots or the Earth magnetic field, because they afect all the planet.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join