It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is going on with the weather

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I dont know if it is just me, but the weather this year is so strange.
Here is is August the 7th, and I had to turn on the heat this morning.
When I woke up it was 46 degrees. Todays high was 69. I mean its
August what is going on. I live in Kentucky and this is post to be own hottest month. But it feels like late October. I went and looked at weather.com to see what the averge High and Low was post to be this time of year and it said, 92 for the high and 68 for the low.

And besides the strange temp. We have had like 20 tornados this year. And here in Eastern Ky the last tornado we had was 7 years ago, but
this year weve had 20.

And 3rd. I have a flock of black birds that live in the trees surrounding my home. Theres over 100 of them. They come here every year around March and leave around October. But About 2 we4eks ago they disappeared. Is it possible they think it is Fall already.

Anyone else noticed the strange weather or am I just crazy......

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Have a look at this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It will explain some of my views on the "strange weather" you are seeing.. there is much more throughout the thread.. many great posts from ATS members.

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Thanks Gazz.

I liked your thoughts on there to. I saw where you said the cycle was 11,500 years and that it was 11,500 right now. I was wondering where you got that from. Id Like to read about it.

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 07:27 PM
link   
The last Ice Age was just about 10-11 thousand years ago. My encyclopedia confirms that ocean currents affect the weather as indicated in the ATS link above.

This sort of puts the lie to Al Gore's claim that SUV's and corporations are causing global warming (unless someone can show me that ancient pre-ice age civilizations had SUV's and pickup trucks).

I read in Atlantic Magazine that paleogeologists have determined that a global warming period preceded the last Ice Age by just 15-20 years and then the Ice Age came on quickly. This is believed to have happened with each Ice Age through earth's history.

Additionally, the world underwent a brief and severe cooling period just over 100 years ago but it was so quick that it went virtually unnoticed until decades later when scientists figured out what happened.

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Same here...very cool weather for August! The last time it did this here in Ky...we had a hell of blizzard that following winter!

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Yeah..havent you seen the pictures of the cavemen chasing the dinosurs with there SUV....lol

I know theres been alot of talk about how we are affecting Global Warming with Gases. But I wonder how much we are affecting it in other ways. I was watching a program on Discovery Channel today about how we have been trying to find ways to change weather. By seeding clouds, and causing floods in Vietnam during the war, and H.A.R.P.P. in Alsaka that can be used to change jet streams. I just wonder what kind of affects these things have on our weather and possible Global Warming / Ice Age. I think these kind of experments will hurt us in the long run, Its not nice to fool with Mother Nature.....

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 07:50 PM
link   
It's very simple.

After Worlwide governments allowed that extremelly advanced technologies could be iniciated, an entire process as began. In order to keep the World in Fear, HAARP systems, are messing with the Magnetism of Our Planet, and... with our weather conditions.

Make search on HAARP projects, and things related with that title.

Cya!
HARAK.

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 08:52 PM
link   
No, Kentucky, it's not you...I think man's pollution is finally taking affect! It was 59 here last night (in NY on Long Island Sound), 69 today, and it should be about 90! And up until last week we only have had like 4 days where the weather hit 90 and usually we have four 90 degree days in June alone, and forget how many in July and August! Also, southern NJ has had about ten tornado warnings this summer and we normally have ZERO in this area. Tornadoes and the northeast just don't happen! The rain forests of Brazil control the weather of the WHOLE WORLD and they are being deforested...this is the result. All those environmentalists have been warning us for years to save nature but the almight buck always gets in the way. Then you get people like Bush in command and their attitude is chop 'em all down, we need the wood, and maybe we can find an oil well while we're at it. Kill the animals, chop the trees. What's the big deal? Here's the big deal...messed up weather for starters!
Again, have a good night, all. XOXO

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Yeah, the weather is strange, I was in England a few weeks back, and although it does stay cooler there, the one day I was there, the high was only 45-50 Degrees Farenheit, they called that a winter temperature, and that is south of London.

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Hey, I am not complaining after a very hot and humid weather in the south today was the best.

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Here in Colorado we are experiencing weird weather. We aren't having low or high temperatures, it's the rain. we've had more rain this summer than the last 4 combined. This is the most rain we've had in 25-30 years. Not to mention we've been in a drought for 7 or 8 years. Also, Though I live on the edge of tornadoe alley in Colorado springs, we don't ever have tornado warnings here at the base of the mountains. There was two tornadoes today, one south of us and one north of us. We've had numerous tornadoe warning this year. And the lightning here has been extremely cool. Worst lightning We've seen in many years here. But the temperatures have been usual here... hot as hell unless it's raining, which it's done nearly every single day this summer.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Indeed there is strange weather Soon we will get Summer in winter and winter in summer?
well not so crazy thoe but its somthing really strange going on.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Here in Colorado we are experiencing weird weather

That is one of the area's that the goverment was seeding clouds on the Discovery Channel show I watched today. It said the insurance people where paying for a study of how to get rid of hail because it was so costly to them.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 11:52 AM
link   
That's another thing we've had bad. When It hails... It hails hard. we even had a hail storm that lasted almmost an hour. It looked like it just snowed there was so much hail. It melted quickly though. I also heard a while back here on ATS that another HAARP station was to be built here just South Of NORAD which is practically in my back yard.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 12:02 PM
link   
in michigan around this time we usually have 100 degree days and brownouts from all the power being used up. what's happened this past week? mid 70s for the highs, and at night we had one day go down into the high 30s.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 12:07 PM
link   
hey its not only the summer thats messed up. look at the winters. I live in indiana, and we dont ever get any snow either. i remember being a kid and not being able to open the front door a couple of times cuz the snow was so deep. now we get a couple inches and thats it. somethings happening now. i dont know what, if its man made or not, but somethings at work

one last note: i kinda like the mid 70's. its nice out. is this is as bad as it gets, well, Im all for it....

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by brykc14
I dont know if it is just me, but the weather this year is so strange.
Here is is August the 7th, and I had to turn on the heat this morning.
When I woke up it was 46 degrees. Todays high was 69. I mean its
August what is going on. I live in Kentucky and this is post to be own hottest month. But it feels like late October. I went and looked at weather.com to see what the averge High and Low was post to be this time of year and it said, 92 for the high and 68 for the low.

And besides the strange temp. We have had like 20 tornados this year. And here in Eastern Ky the last tornado we had was 7 years ago, but
this year weve had 20.

And 3rd. I have a flock of black birds that live in the trees surrounding my home. Theres over 100 of them. They come here every year around March and leave around October. But About 2 we4eks ago they disappeared. Is it possible they think it is Fall already.

Anyone else noticed the strange weather or am I just crazy......

No, Bryck, you are not crazy. I believe something is going on too. In late July near where I live in TX, some people had 13 inches of rain in an overnight period. We actually only had a couple of inches, but others had a whole lot more. I have never heard of those areas around here ever having that much rain.

Also, August is usually such a dreaded month to me. It's almost too hot to breathe outside. But the last couple of days have been pretty pleasant. Not really cool, but it's been bearable. I think it was 86 degrees yesterday for a high. Usually in August here it's in the 100s.

So if you'll start studying stuff about the sun, you might find something interesting there. It seems the sun really affects our weather, and it's been going bonkers lately. It's way past it's 11-year sunspot cycle where it's supposed to slow down. In 2000, I think, it was supposed to start going through the minimum sunspot cycle and now it's having more than ever. Start checking SOHO and spaceweather.com every day that you think about it and keep up with what's going on with the sun.

Tiza

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by CharlesDarkholme
The last Ice Age was just about 10-11 thousand years ago. My encyclopedia confirms that ocean currents affect the weather as indicated in the ATS link above.

This sort of puts the lie to Al Gore's claim that SUV's and corporations are causing global warming (unless someone can show me that ancient pre-ice age civilizations had SUV's and pickup trucks).

I read in Atlantic Magazine that paleogeologists have determined that a global warming period preceded the last Ice Age by just 15-20 years and then the Ice Age came on quickly. This is believed to have happened with each Ice Age through earth's history.

Additionally, the world underwent a brief and severe cooling period just over 100 years ago but it was so quick that it went virtually unnoticed until decades later when scientists figured out what happened.

Hello,
I agree with you about Al Gore and the SUV stuff. All that pollution stuff is a bunch of hogwash. Even at times the earth has it's own natural disasters like volcanoes, etc., that puts out a whole lot of pollution. Scientists have realized in studying Mars that it's had its own global warning, so to speak, and there are no SUVs on Mars!

But now there's a lot of study going into the sun. Like I said in a previous post, it's going through an extremely high period of large sunspots. As a matter of fact when parts of TX had those 13-inch rainfall amounts, that very week Sunspot 652, a monster sunspot, was on the side of the sun facing the earth and was throwing off some pretty large flares. If you'll read at spaceweather.com, this sunspot has not yet died down and it should be. Keep up with the sunspots and you'll see these weather extremes. It is simply amazing.

Oh, it seems that there may be some other cosmic activity affecting the sun. That is a possibility. It may be a time to keep our eyes on the heavens!

Tiza

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Here in Portugal the weather is normal for the Summer, yesterday we had 31C (88F) maximum and 20C(68F) minimum. I read once that a study made in Portugal about the changes in the weather showed that it rains less days per year, but the amount of rain is more or less the same, only when it rains, it rains harder, and that hard rain affects more the terrain, moving the upper layer of land and promoting desertification.
This study was made in the southern region of Portugal, where the signs of desertification are already visible.

As for the changes in the weather, thats good, because the only way the weather could stay constant is if the Earth would be all covered with ice, then the sunlight would be almost all reflected and the ice would never melt, or so I read once in a book, but I don't remember what.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Thanks Tiza for the info on the sun spots, Im going to check that out.

And I agree with you subline..I like this weather to, usaually I hate
going outside during July and August but this year I have really enjoyed it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join