It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The war is not what you think it is...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2003 @ 08:52 AM
link   
How about this as a possibility...

The oil industry, arguably the largest part of the world economy, for the last 50 years has used the dollar as an oil standard currency (as it has been for most all other international industries).

In recent years, the founding of the European Union, and the adoption of the euro as a standard currency is giving many countries an alternative as a currency standard to the US dollar.

Consider:

The three largest oil producing nations :Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Venezuela (in that order)

Saudi Arabia is still using the dollar standard, although there are grumblings within to change to the Euro.

Venezuela, whose president is ardently pro American, is in the grips of political turmoil, as that countries cabinet is dead set on going to the Euro standard. The massive upheavals in that country may well be diversionary tactics (a la the CIA) to gain leverage to keep the president intact, and to keep the dollar standard.

Iraq, second largest oil producer in the world, has openly stated that they are interested in going to the Euro as an oil standard, with Iran close behind.

This would severely upset American economic dominance in the world oil market.

We are at war with Iraq, and have made it clear that we may well take on Iran as well. North Korea poses a MUCH more serious military threat, however Iraq poses a very serious economic threat.

Who are we at war with?

As for Saudi Arabia, I have long said we will end up there sooner or later... just depends on when and how they vote to use the dollar or euro....

posted on Mar, 30 2003 @ 08:54 AM
link   
That would likely lend credence to our recently former yahoo refugees... and would by extension explain the very strange actions of our mods/admins...

Comments please

posted on Mar, 30 2003 @ 09:00 AM
link   
anybody who doesnt want to post information about what is going on, u2u me or post a message to me, do not send the infomation direct through u2u, i will give you an alternate e-mail address to send it too then i can post it if you like, this account or another account, i have a friend who should be jumping on the bandwagon soon, he will help me out..

posted on Mar, 30 2003 @ 09:48 AM
link   
This post is so upsetting to me.. everyone knows this war isn't about saddam or oil.. it's about nuetralizing saudi arabia.. they sponsor terrorist and are very un american.. it's also about reducing the amount of robes in the world. If we can turn the iraqi's into god fearin' desert dwelling lil americans, like we did to israel and finland, they'll start wearing normal american clothes that are made in china.. therefore there will not be a need for as many robes.

What Iraq needs are a few gas stations that sell beef jerky and ho-ho's.

posted on Mar, 30 2003 @ 10:00 AM
link   
The whole "Iraq" war thing going on right now is just a huge distraction behind "what's really going on" I wouldn't even bother watching the news anymore it's a big fat lie!
And that's all I have to say about that!
Magestica

posted on Mar, 30 2003 @ 10:04 AM
link   
i am not interested in media coverage of the war at the moment i think its a load of rubbish.

posted on Mar, 30 2003 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by John bull 1
Sorry P-C I was not replying to you.I was refering to the original post by Kingpin.

As conspiracy theories go it is just so silly.

In Britain right now we are all looking carefully at the war and contemplating that we were wrong.But in America it appears they are desperately looking for someone else to blame.

Remember SouthPark

BLAME CANADA !!!

Who, John, is looking for someone to blame?
The war is going along just fine, thank you. The British, Australians and Americans are doing a superb job. Civilian deaths are being kept at a level until now unheard of. Iraqi C&C is being dismantled, the Republican guard smashed, and when the guard is softened up enough, the ground froces will go and mop them up.
The threat Hussein posed will be eradicated and the Iraqi people will have the opportunity to build Iraq into a wealthy nation.
Once this is over and all the truth about the nightmare the Iraqi people endured is revealed, I don't think it will be America that will have to look for excuses, and neither will her noble allies.

posted on Mar, 30 2003 @ 10:14 AM
link   
In fact, in terms of Orwell meets America, the media drivel-showers are the most interesting thing in the whole sorry business, so far.
When were people more confused? this is a model lesson in the art of manipulation. Make notes.
And Magestica, how could you agree with arc-A's last effusion? This is below A-a's normal standard. It is words masquerading as sentences. It is utterly devoid of true/false content.
Let us beware of bandwidth-snatching drivel and demand assertions, backed up by reference.

posted on Mar, 30 2003 @ 10:23 AM
link   
You are the one who lost me?? I thought I understood him perfectly well?
Let me clarify myself here: The Iraq war is going on -Yes
But...there is something much bigger going on that "We the people of the United States are not seeing"
Think of it this way..there are actually (2) wars going on, the one we are seeing on the news, and the one we are not seeing on the news. There are grandeur plans behind "helping to free the Iraqi people"
Any questions?
Magestica

posted on Mar, 30 2003 @ 10:28 AM
link   
The war is not about freeing the Iraqi people, the war (just a part of the overall war against terror) is about neutralizing the threat against the West. Hussein has chemiocals and biologicals, ties to terrorist orgs and an intense hatred for us. Iraq was not run by a government of laws like the U.S. Russia and France, who have WMD, and Hussein had no world reputation to lose by destroying America.

posted on Mar, 30 2003 @ 10:29 AM
link   
TC I am asserting that the people behind this particular conspiracy theory are blaming Europeans for pushing the USA into war.It was apparently all a big trick to bring the USA down a few pegs.
You may say it is going well.I disagree but that is not the point.This is about Masterblaster and Kingpins conspiracy theory which has at it's heart that Europe is Anti-American.As a European,who sees more of European opinion than most US members,I can tell you that that is untrue.European have a high regard for Americans but a very low regard for Bush,Rumsfeld,Cheney,Wolfowitz,and Rice.They retain a sympathy for Powell.
There will be a recession,perhaps even a depression.You might blame regular Economic Cycles or Mishandling of the Economy by Clinton.I blame Bush and his financial policy but neither of us blame a French or German Conspiracy.
The seeds of financial ruin are fairly obvious and domestic in the making.

posted on Mar, 30 2003 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Well, Magestica, on the "what in Heaven's name does this twaddle concern?" front:- "jerky", "Finland" and "neutralising' (???) "Saudi Arabia" leap to mind from the first traumatic encounter with this hyperdrivel.
Which was the bit with which you agreed?

posted on Mar, 30 2003 @ 10:36 AM
link   
it could be a tyro's first attempt at irony. ( second attempt at English??)

posted on Mar, 30 2003 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
The war is not about freeing the Iraqi people, the war (just a part of the overall war against terror) is about neutralizing the threat against the West. Hussein has chemiocals and biologicals, ties to terrorist orgs and an intense hatred for us. Iraq was not run by a government of laws like the U.S. Russia and France, who have WMD, and Hussein had no world reputation to lose by destroying America.

If this is what you want to think and believe, it's your right. About 50% of Americans are also thinking this way-probably more-and it is in a way right. Because that is what they(the media) are telling us. And the media would never lie!
Well then answer me this...Why did Bush and Blair mention Israel? Excuse me?? Aren't we at war with Iraq?
They are going to appoint a new leader over Israel? Wait what about Iraq?? What on earth are they talking about? Figure it out...

posted on Mar, 30 2003 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Most people go about their daily lives, watching 30 minutes of news a day while wolfing their dinner and waiting for their favorite sit-coms to come on. Due to lack of an outside life and no worthy hobbies, current events and politics is mine. This attack against Iraq is needed and the one most politically cheap, as U.N. resolutions had laid the groundwork for the attack.

As far as the leaders mentioning Israel in such a way, I must have been dozing or in the middle of a sneezing fit (springtime in South Alabama is Hell on my allergies!). What was said?

posted on Mar, 30 2003 @ 11:06 AM
link   
It seems that I was the only one who saw this part of their speech? Maybe it was "subliminal" or something, I have no clue? But I managed to sift through all of their hogwash and what I found, in lamens terms,was this:
We were 7 days into war during their speech and they were already discussing post war? Which really threw me. They then talked about Israel and I believe Pakastan? They said they were working with the UN on trying to bind the two together and throw in a leader. They said something about making a new map? But first off why in the world and where in the world did all this discussion come into Iraqi Freedom?? Why are we sending men over there still? If you put 2 and 2 together, see what you come up with..

posted on Mar, 30 2003 @ 11:14 AM
link   
OK Majestica.
It is the Israeli/Palestinian Road map to peace.

The USA,EU,UN,Russia together have set a series of stepping stones so that a two state system can exist.

Blair hopes that by getting Bush to finally publish the roadmap this will pacify the Europeans who see this conflict as the root of all trouble in the Middle East.
Bush,however,will not publish it.

posted on Mar, 30 2003 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I was not hearing cleary since my 3 year old insisted on "mommying" me every 2 seconds during the speech.
But I pretty much got the just of it.

posted on Mar, 30 2003 @ 07:40 PM
link   
KingPin: Your "friend" M@STER BL@STER is a menace

posted on Mar, 30 2003 @ 10:26 PM
link   
So guys, what do you have to say???????

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join