It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Check this fossil out. Can someone tell me what it is?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Ok, my sister was walking down a trail by an old rock quarry........... She climbed to the top of one of the small piles of rocks...... She looked down and found this.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3a18453ffa1a.jpg[/atsimg]

Can anyone tell me anything about this? I find it to be in remarkable shape and we are excited to find out exactly what it is. Can anyone help us out?

I am currently trying to resize a few more photos. I am pressed for time and I will do some research to add as I find it.

Thank you,

LJ01.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   
You means the trilobyte ?
desirdevasion.files.wordpress.com...
Short explanation video :
animal.discovery.com...
edit on 11/04/11 by LaTouffe because: (no reason given)

+19 more 
posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
It used to be called "money" and was used by native people to trade, buy, or sell. Going extinct in the early 21st century, it was replaced by electronic means of exchange. It was then confiscated and melted down to make gadgets for the rich and powerful. I must explain it is now illegal to own, so even though your find is nice, and has a nice picture of an eagle (an extinct bird of prey) on it, you must forward it to the World Central Reserve for melting and immediate redistribution to the ruling families of the moment. Thank you for your vigilance in serving the state.
edit on 13-6-2011 by Aleister because: added a bit more

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

20 internets to you, Sir.
*slow clap*Bravo, Sir.
Bra...
Vo...

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by LaTouffe
You means the trilobyte ?
desirdevasion.files.wordpress.com...
Short explanation video :
animal.discovery.com...

Thank you for the information.

We are excited because we have never found a fossil in this good of shape. We have as few arrowhead pieces but nothing like this.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aleister
It used to be called "money" and was used by native people to trade, buy, or sell. Going extinct in the early 21st century, it was replaced by electronic means of exchange. It was then confiscated and melted down to make gadgets for the rich and powerful. I must explain it is now illegal to own, so even though your find is nice, and has a nice picture of an eagle (an extinct bird of prey) on it, you must forward it to the World Central Reserve for melting and immediate redistribution to the ruling families of the moment. Thank you for your vigilance in serving the state.

I have to say.

That was magnificent. Stars all around.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   
That quarry was once the sea bed, trilobites were a marine animal and became extinct 250 million years ago.I live near a limestone area and have only ever found two whole trilobites,usually i only find the head or tail.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Trilobites...brilliant. I haven't seen one of those for awhile. Good find.

edit on 13-6-2011 by FlyingJadeDragon because: content

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   

And that just made my night.

Thank you.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Nice trilobite.

Good find.

Will comment further once shakes have died down again, but I wish I could find trilo's like that here.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by INQUISITION11

This definitely made my sister's day. She said that when she found it, she just yelled with excitement.

I think we are going to go back and investigate further.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
most likely prehistoric...

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Wow , the coin did draw my view and at first glance I thought the OP was a troll, but then i noticed there was an actual fossil in the OP. I scrolled down, saw your post, and made me almost fall out of my chair with laughter. Thank you my good man, the post made my night.

To the OP, it could be an insect,very interesting. Hope you find what it is.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Thanks everyone, you've made my day too. And for a serious reply, I love fossils and can easily imagine how happy your sister must have been to find the little guy. Tribs were one of the most dominent creatures in the oceans of the time, and are exciting to see and imagine. I once found a beautiful fossil of an ancient leaf, and loved it too (I then gave it as an offering of "give it something you don't want to give up" to a white buffalo site, and had a nice experience because of it. A gain of spiritual "power" from such an offering). Fossile have that intrique of connection to times past, and it sounds like both you and your sister have this sense of history. Congratulations to her for the fun of discovery!

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Here is another pic.

My camera is in need for an upgrade.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a0e2b19c8a70.jpg[/atsimg]

I can't wait to go look for more. I might try to find out where the rock was dug up from.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

Hehe keep this precious fossil !
It's a really good find.
And no problem with your camera. The picture is good.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by LaTouffe

Yeah.....She was offered a few hundred dollars for it from a guy at work.(no joke, we work together and he did),...and she turned it down. I was looking at the "buy fossil here" sites and seen a few for $65.....She could have made a few FED reserve notes but she turned it down......I think she made the right decision.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Trilobytes are really cool here is mine.

edit on 13-6-2011 by Agarta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Damn my interest in fossils is really flaring up now. Good finds people, anyone have some more personal discoveries they can share? Its cool to see just everyday people with an interest finding these pieces of ancient, ANCIENT history

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by INQUISITION11

EXTINCT, ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

They have live trilobites in the south Pacific, just like the celocanth that was extinct for millions of years until that Japanese guy kept catching them of course...

News of Extinct Fish caught

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join