It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quake-Hit New Zealand City Hit By New Shocks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Quake-Hit New Zealand City Hit By New Shocks

news.sky.com

The New Zealand city of Christchurch has been rocked by another series of strong tremors, four months after 181 people were killed in a catastrophic earthquake which damaged thousands of buildings.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 6/13/2011 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Yet another big (ish) EQ. I understand that 6.0 + EQ's are not as common and are classed as serious (see previous threads on EQ's).

It makes me wonder what is happening as it seems lots of EQ's at the moment and this year. Not good. All events happening point towards something big happening that will be a game changer.

Are we witnessing a big shake up from mother earth?

[url=http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/World-News/Earthquake-Hits-Christchurch-Months-After-Major-Quake-Damage-Killed-181-People/Article/20110621601063 3?lpos=World_News_Carousel_Region_0&lid=ARTICLE_16010633_Earthquake_Hits_Christchurch_Months_After_Major_Quake_Damage_Killed_181_People]news.sky.com[/ url]
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gregandgemma
Yet another big (ish) EQ. I understand that 6.0 + EQ's are not as common and are classed as serious (see previous threads on EQ's).

I can confirm that this Earthquake has happened, I have a friend who lives in New Zealand, Christchurch and although this may only seem 'big (ish) I can confirm and prove with pictures that the roads, sidewalks and foundations have cracked with water seeping through (not rain)...

My friend described the moments as being like 'a frickin war zone'...

It makes me wonder what is happening as it seems lots of EQ's at the moment and this year.

Ponder on this friend, on the 4th - 6th of September, Canterbury and Christchurch New Zealand experienced a 7.0 and a 7.2 (their largest yet) where a 100,000 - 160,000 homes were damaged. On these dates alignments took place between 'comet' Elenin, The Sun, Mercury and Earth...

In 2010, we had 2,102 earthquakes between 5 - 9.9, by the end of April of this year we had experienced over 1100 quakes between 5 - 9.9, that is over half of the earthquakes experienced in 2010. At this rate, by the end of the year, earthquakes would of risen by 50 %...

Not good. All events happening point towards something big happening that will be a game changer.

Yes, you are correct my friend, we are coming to moments in time where the great changes that many of our Brother and Sisters of past and present tribes and civilizations around the globe have prophesied and spoken of will start to play out, who's ready...?

What will be taking place over the next few years is beyond most peoples current perception and understanding, but Gaia will be contributing to the purification process...

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
They were aftershocks from the February earthquake. Not as bad, but similar responses (liquefaction, shaking/swaying, rumbles, adrenalin).

End-Times talk doesn't help here.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by aorAki

End Times = The 'End of Time'

The Apocalypse = 'Lifting of the veil' 'the revealing of' 'the disclosure of that which is hidden'

Book of Revelations = All will be revealed

A new era, a new age, new energies, a paradigm shift, a shift in consciosness and awareness...

A Purification, transmutation, transfiguration and transformation IS going to happen...

Talk does help my friend, to be forearmed is to be forewarned...

Pertinent information should not be ignored and denial is not an option...

Would love to add and chat some more, but now I have to endure the daily grind...

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Hello. Im reporting from the seen. We were shock up pretty hard today. They said that the first one was a 5.5 It was much larger than that. We had a 5.5 a couple of weeks ago. That felt way smaller. The one after was a 6.0 That felt like a 6.0 But a different feeling. Really like i was on a ship in really ruff seas. Our house has got alot of damage this time. After the big one in Feb and Sep we had little damage. But this time we have alot. Me and the family are staying at my mothers house. Our water cyclinder split and flooded our house. A indoor pond. Yeah. Disgussing tonight where to go. Ch Ch is not fun no more. Take care to all.

Peace

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by de1111codEiT
I can confirm that this Earthquake has happened, I have a friend who lives in New Zealand, Christchurch

I also can confirm this has happened, to me. This is cross posted from another thread cos it's pertinent and I can't be bothered typing out a new story.

Originally posted by burntheships

I work less than 50 metres to the right in this photo.
The first shake (5.5) was a bit of a chuckle to be fair - we're quite used to that by now.
A while later, there was notice that at 2:16pm there would be a news bulletin on tv1 so we all piled up stairs to watch it on the telly. Wouldn't you know it - at 2:20 we got this 6.0.
I fell over, everyone else fell over. It's not a nice thing when you're trapped upstairs in a building that was lucky to make it through the february quake in the first place - in fact our second office which is attached to this one was condemned.
Then the volcanos of water started...One thing we learned from february was to get out fast. I had water coming in the doors of my car in february - the footwells were full!
It was almost coming in the doors again in less than 5 minutes since the quake.
You just switch into survival mode and go.
In february it took 4 hours to get home, this time 2.5. I live out of town so did not want to be stuck in town overnight.
Making my way out of town was - yet again - one of the most sobering experiences you can imagine. Buildings fallen, streets flooded and broken cars tipped up in holes and people who just don't know what to say anymore...
I live here, I love here and I hope - but gee if this isn't a testing time. Some will not cope.

edit on 13-6-2011 by trouble_every_day because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by de1111codEiT

I can confirm that this Earthquake has happened, I have a friend who lives in New Zealand, Christchurch and although this may only seem 'big (ish) I can confirm and prove with pictures that the roads, sidewalks and foundations have cracked with water seeping through (not rain)...

My friend described the moments as being like 'a frickin war zone'...

It makes me wonder what is happening as it seems lots of EQ's at the moment and this year.

Ponder on this friend, on the 4th - 6th of September, Canterbury and Christchurch New Zealand experienced a 7.0 and a 7.2 (their largest yet) where a 100,000 - 160,000 homes were damaged. On these dates alignments took place between 'comet' Elenin, The Sun, Mercury and Earth...

In 2010, we had 2,102 earthquakes between 5 - 9.9, by the end of April of this year we had experienced over 1100 quakes between 5 - 9.9, that is over half of the earthquakes experienced in 2010. At this rate, by the end of the year, earthquakes would of risen by 50 %...

Not good. All events happening point towards something big happening that will be a game changer.

Yes, you are correct my friend, we are coming to moments in time where the great changes that many of our Brother and Sisters of past and present tribes and civilizations around the globe have prophesied and spoken of will start to play out, who's ready...?

What will be taking place over the next few years is beyond most peoples current perception and understanding, but Gaia will be contributing to the purification process...

HI,

I only said big (ish) due to me saying on a previous post about 5 mag EQ's being big and being told that it wasnt. I apologise that I did not explain. I am sure that it was horrendous experience

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by de1111codEiT

you lost me at Elenin

when you're not so busy working, and spreading fear, I would love to see your EQ correlations between our Earth and Hale-Bopp

thanks

It makes me wonder what is happening as it seems lots of EQ's at the moment and this year. Not good. All events happening point towards something big happening that will be a game changer.

Whats happening for the most part, is that we have internet access for instantaneous data, and as humans we're looking for patterns that really do not exist - as for the increase weather phenomenon - pick your poison - the most logical (and not so conspiratory) theory is that Earth is transitioning - like it always has - we just weren't always around and/or keeping accurate records of it
edit on 13-6-2011 by Forevever because: (no reason given)

reg

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
poor buggers. I just seen this on the news and a few of the people there who they interviewed were saying they were scared, fed up and just tired of it all and that they may now move out of Christchurch all together.
Stay strong NZ we wish you well from here in the UK (except when you hammer us at rugby... which is every time we play you)

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Quakes have been upgraded to 5.7 and 6.3 respectively. Still going, the one at two was abit of a pain. How did you find it Aoraki? The location of the quakes are interesting, out towards sumner (Our East) and just off shore. Just a few weeks ago they found new active fault lines, two east to west faults directly under the city, and another off shore running north to south. I'm quite sure that these quakes are the beginning of the north to south rupturing, the only bad part, it's capable of producing a 7. We just have to get them over and done with. There really is nothing we can do about it but it will help the rebuilding by condemming more of the red zone. The Hotel Grand Chancellor is on more of a lean now, so here's hoping that it comes down by it's self. Taking a year to remove it is just ridiculous.

Kia Kaha

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Kia kaha indeed.

Yep,they were decent shakes and the liquefaction is back,as is the boil water notice.
No other damage here,so far,but we had a 4.3 about half an hour ago that caused my cds to fall out of the cupboard.

Yep,just gotta hang in here and reforge the community!
edit on 13-6-2011 by aorAki because: speliunk

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Looks like we're getting ready for another big shake. They say all the pressure is moving off shore with mondays quakes on a new, unseen fault line. GNS and other Seismologists have been reported saying that the pressure has been moving off shore towards the east. The next fault is the newly discovered 25km long north to south in pegasus bay. We have also been having alot of 4's which does lead me to believe we could experience another quake. Four days before the Japanese quake they received a few sevens as foreshocks. We've had a 5.7 and 6.3 plus many 4.0-5.0's so it does follow pattern. The only diffrerence is being the size. We simply have crustal faults whilst japan had a techtonic plate boundry. It's atleast what im thinking

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Semoro
Looks like we're getting ready for another big shake. They say all the pressure is moving off shore with mondays quakes on a new, unseen fault line. GNS and other Seismologists have been reported saying that the pressure has been moving off shore towards the east. The next fault is the newly discovered 25km long north to south in pegasus bay. We have also been having alot of 4's which does lead me to believe we could experience another quake. Four days before the Japanese quake they received a few sevens as foreshocks. We've had a 5.7 and 6.3 plus many 4.0-5.0's so it does follow pattern. The only diffrerence is being the size. We simply have crustal faults whilst japan had a techtonic plate boundry. It's atleast what im thinking

I've just been reading up on the chatham rise - there was a newspaper article back after 22/2 where a geologist talked about canterbury being the "western end" of the chatham rise which is riddled with faults the same as the ones that are popping at the moment. Some of them are very BIG faults, which if the pressure is moving east really concerns me! Thankfully we're more south west of the city so we're not feeling the east shakes too badly here, but if one of those 400km babies out in the water goes I'm sure we'll know about it! I do wonder about the tsunami risk - given they are slip-stike and not big thrusting faults - surely the water displacement would be much less?

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Yeah i can understand the worry of a tsunami however GNS have simply said that because of their type they do not pose any tsunami threat, so we can take comfort in that. Im not too sure about how i feel about a north south thought, i would much prefer a east west scenario. Mitchell Coombes has also announced that there will be a 7.1 magnitude earthquake in Christchurch soon saying;

"After extensive communication with my contacts I have been informed that there is going to be a deadly earthquake in Christchurch (Magnitude 7.1). My source informed me that this HAARP designed earthquake is IMMINENT. The exact date and time has not been revealed to me yet however I will provide a 104 hour warning as soon as I get the all-clear."

I'm not sure about your own stances on Mitchell but i mean, it cannot hurt to prepare extra supplies and such. If it doesn't happen then the worst cause scenario is that you have extra food in the house. Heres hoping it won't though, my girlfriend had to move to welly and she comes back for the weekend after not seeing her for two months.

Kia Kaha

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Semoro

i had to google Mitchell Coombes - had no idea who he was! Always prepared now anyway - who wouldn't be living here at the moment! Feels like we're getting slammed every few weeks! Survived the last 7.1 with plaster cracks, a couple of days without power and a few popped roof nails and we were pretty close to it (way closer than the CBD). Thankfully the 22/2 and 13/6 were much further away from us and we got off lightly (although I did lose hubby for a week on 22/2 - he's rural fire department so was called in to town). I certainly don't *feel* like this is over by a long shot - hopefully I'm wrong. Hubby has given up telling me I'm paranoid cause every time he does we get a doozy in the next few days

Anyway, am interested to see a very eastward trend in the last day - will be watching closely!

top topics

join