It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Graham: Now is the time to take action in Syria

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Graham: Now is the time to take action in Syria

www.cbsnews.com

(CBS News)

Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., on Sunday called for increased U.S. action in Syria, and said "now is the time to let [Syrian president Bashar] Assad know that all options are the table" - including the possible use of military force.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
I've wondered why there hasn't been any calls yet to launch military action against Syria for similar reasons there was in Libya (humanitarian) and even similar for reasons entering Iraq - where recently it was reported that Syria was not abiding by inspections with regard to creating nuclear plant capable of developing nuclear weapons, apparently. Clearly Syria's close ties with Iran is a concern here.

Could further calls to use military intervention in Syria be forthcoming and we see yet another western war front? The other development I've wondered would emerge in Syria is a civil war. This would obviously depend on anti-government groups acquiring weaponry and / or defections from the Syrian military.

I find this interesting news. It is not fear mongering. I do not have proof of anything I have said and it is speculation I know. Just citing this article and putting some commentary around it. Cheers.

www.cbsnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by surrealist

I think probably the fact a large number of groups the west considers "terrorists" have head qaurters in Damascus, and any likely intervention would logicaly require the support of Israel. And because of that it is likely America and Israel would more than likely face a very real international security threat as apposed to all the fear mongering that is manufactured from the very localised conflicts in central Asia.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Syria isn't Libya.

Syria got hundreds of chemical warheads/biological warheads and scuds.

And they are allied with Iran.

Do that and you open a big big big big can of worms...

Draft Graham and drop him over Damascus with a M-16 and see how he does.

Old bastards like this creep sending young people to die so he can look tough can go to hell.
edit on 13-6-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Agreed, Syria is a highly militarized State, with powerful unrelated tribes as well.

Since I believe world war three has already started for most intents and purposes, this doesnt surprise me at all, Gice it about another month or so when the stock market is tanking because of the end of QE2 and there will be military action in Syria.

Edit to add:

In the video congressman Graham openly talks of Regime change in Syria!!! His exact words are "The world would be a better place if we break Syria away from Iran"

Those drums of American Imperialism are beating again, this week the war propaganda machine will be on full- you can bet on that.
edit on 13-6-2011 by Skerrako because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Skerrako

What makes you believe world war three has started?

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Johnze

The Five-front war the western powers are in:

Libya
Afghanistan
Iraq
Yemen
Half of Pakistan

Just as we learned in school the the killing of Archduke Ferdinand caused WW I (which isn't quite accurate), I think the history books will say the fruit vendor that set himself on fire to spark the Tunisia revolution was the push that got the boulder rolling.

Remember, proxy fighting was going on all the time before WW I and WWII exploded. (Germany in Spain for one). It depends where the Muslim nations Russia and China draw the line for the U.S. military actions. I strongly believe that line is Syria

Why Russia will back Syria if there is military action

new topics

top topics

join