It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

THEY LIVE!!! And internet users...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
If you have seen the John Carpenter film, "They Live" then you realize that what you are doing and what you will do are not something you are necessarily aware of.

In fact, if it was like "They Live" on earth, then why are people using the internet and chatting here, when you can be out there making a difference, even if experiencing this ol' world?

The computer is really then nothing more than a way to control you and the internet is a way to make you fat and docile. You actually learning nothing as all information is fake, outside of business sites. In the meantime, you can pay your internet bill to a millionaire, pay your electricity bill, and buy some more food.

All the while, people actually learned nothing, but conspiracies that were not real and that manipulated them.

edit on 12-6-2011 by bossnoo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
what conspiracies are not real that you speak of

i personally learn a great deal from using the internets thanks to al gore and manbearpig

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by bossnoo1

Can you elaborate further?
Do you believe you'll learn more from computer at the library and the limited amount of books, sometimes outdated for a time, on library shelves. More from a paid college and professors? Learn more from what your newsman speaks on TV? Over the net that has just about everything, from past years to current up to the minute updates on what is going on with research?
Just because conspiracies exist does not mean the net is useless.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Truther9111776

I am saying that in the film "They Live' people did not know that television and all other technology and media was used to manipulate humans.

Only the rich and wealthy aligned with the aliens knew this. I ask, if that were the case on earth, why then, are people using the internet, only to discover that there are only lies available and false information used by people who know how to manipulate the masses in ways that most people cannot readily comprehend.

The internet would be one of the greatest weapons against people. The conspiracy theories people seek out today would be all but rubbish, made up to distract people and make them feel like they know something, or to make them feel empowered, or to make them feel special.

In the meantime, those people not on the internet are out having money, sex, and partying without really working for it.

They know that people cannot discover the truth. And instead of those people who cannot know truth, living out their lives and enjoying this temporary existence, they sit and vegetate, hoping that there is some truth out there.

Consider the source. What person will ever leak information? The only people that ever have are found out later, to be liars or fake.

If "They Live" is real, then why do people think that they are making a difference by using the internet?

It's a question really as to what people are seeking out? Truth?

I ask this, because, humans are shaped by their genetics and environment. Every trauma, event, interaction, etc., has an incredible effect on who people are. Why do people trust that what they seek is what they want? Stigmatization and cultural indoctrination have already programmed people's brains. It's really too late. Why not find out what is truly enjoyable and not perpetuate negativity by conspiring. How about, instead, a nice nature walk?

What if all people wanted was to live without question and without fear and without worry or anxiety about life? Do conspiracies perpetuate these conditions? Possibly.

What is a so-called made-up truth if it makes you feel bad?

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by bossnoo1
The computer is really then nothing more than a way to control you and the internet is a way to make you fat and docile. You actually learning nothing as all information is fake, outside of business sites. In the meantime, you can pay your internet bill to a millionaire, pay your electricity bill, and buy some more food.

All the while, people actually learned nothing, but conspiracies that were not real and that manipulated them.

Contrary to what you say I've learned a lot from the internet. I don't know what sites you are referring to so yea it's true if all you do is visit sites like MTV or Nickelodeon you may not get an educational experience. I go to youtube and start by typing DIY or How to.... I've learned way more things this way than I have in any schooling.

Information right at your fingertips and you call it control? If anything they've realized the mistake they made letting us have so much knowledge at a key stroke.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   

If you have seen the John Carpenter film, "They Live" then you realize that what you are doing and what you will do are not something you are necessarily aware of.

In fact, if it was like "They Live" on earth, then why are people using the internet and chatting here, when you can be out there making a difference, even if experiencing this ol' world?

I fear that you may not be too far from the truth. Everything else is a distraction from
the reality of the schemes of the well-integrated, conspiratorial 'l'estrangers'.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by bossnoo1

So, going by your OP, then I shouldn't pay attention to your post either

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/15e2acb56b3f.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 12-6-2011 by Signals because: classified

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Do you got the glasses? cause if you had the glasses and sent em to me, I could go out and have a look around and report back here.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
No, because my posts are only more "messages" disseminated to you and other posters to control and manipulate them.

Similarly, I am also manipulated and controlled by your messages and that of my own.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Some of us have the "glasses" on mate, while we surf the net!

I would like to think that most people are chatting, informing, researching, learning, sharing or merely highlighting issue about the real world simply using technology( a computer connected to a network). We are not using technology to replace the real world( well....most of us anyway....yes I'm looking at you world of warcraft...hehe).

The computer is really then nothing more than a way to control you and the internet is a way to make you fat and docile.
Really? I use the internet all the time, I ride a bike to and from work, I swim three times a week, I play poker with my mates on a wenesday night, I race triathlon( 2 time finisher at the Australian Ironman distance), and via the internet I also have access to a wide variety of news services, opinions, independent journlists, MSM, online journals, University Journal Archives, I can access, order and reserve books and material or resources at my local, state and national libraries......
So yeah, I fat, lazy and stupid all because of the Internet.

You actually learning nothing as all information is fake, outside of business sites. In the meantime, you can pay your internet bill to a millionaire, pay your electricity bill, and buy some more food.

I have learnt nothing o far from your post.
But that aside, I have learnt a great deal. Like for instance the evolution or progression of spiritual or supernatural beliefs systems as they are influenced by the dominance of science and technology ultimately leading SOME people to demonise technology and science as being inherently evil or malevolent. Anthropomorphism is often the result and inevitably the technology( the internet) takes on human qualitites in order for some people(ie YOU) to justify their cynacism or disenfranchised anxiety.

Tell that to Wikileaks and Anonymous, The Egyptian revolters, Greek revolters...etc, Those rallying at Bilderberg Meetting, G8 and 20 summits..... they all use the internet too dude. At least they do something useful with the net.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Of course, I am saying that the very source of our "knowledge" the internet, would be that very tool of manipulation and coercion seen in "They Live". Whether or not conspiracies were true, then the internet would undoubtedly be a part of the "manipulation equation".

Many people are afflicted and ravaged by conspiracies and the internet, in general. I have looked at many webpages created by those who now are ravaged by reading the wrong information at a very difficult time for them, it seems.

Certainly "fat and docile" is not a stereotype.

Much of what we can read on the internet has an agenda associated with it. The internet also has an agenda associated with it.

Why do we conspire? If we had truth, would it change our lives for better or worse? Also, disposition and the genetics, environment, and experiences of people largely shape who they are. That being said, why do people seek out conspiracy theories? What about their lives made them that way?

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by rbnhd76
Do you got the glasses? cause if you had the glasses and sent em to me, I could go out and have a look around and report back here.

Whatever you do, don't try to make Keith David put them on. He'll clean your clock.

/TOA

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American

Originally posted by rbnhd76

Whatever you do, don't try to make Keith David put them on. He'll clean your clock.

/TOA

I was sure that fight scene was going to end at least 5 times before it actually did.

But on topic, what concern of it is yours what I do with my time? If you're so against the evil Internet why are you here posting this thread? Should use your own advice and go out and make a difference.

top topics

join