It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scarey Mother Nature Pic

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I wasn't sure what forum to post this in - maybe fragile earth would have been better. Just found this picture awesome.

Is mother nature screaming in horror at what we've done to her?? I don't think any children are going to climb this tree!

The un-fir-gettable 70ft beech was spotted by David Garnham in the grounds of Stowlangtoft Hall in Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk.

And he believes the bizarre tree - which also appears to have a twisted tongue forking from its 'mouth' - looks like nature's very own version of Edvard Munch's classic Scream painting.

Mr Garnham, a maintenance technician, said: "It really does show nature's true beauty and also says a lot about what the imagination can conjure up

the sun

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I can just imagine being out wandering at night and coming across this thing on a dark and foggy evening. It'd be enough to scare someone half to death, to be sure!

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I agree - looks like something from a movie set. Remember the scary trees from "The Wizard of Oz"? This one beats those!

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Maluhia

This tree has some serious Halloween potential, you could put some lights in the eyes and mouth a recording of somthing scary sounding and tie it into a motion sensor. Of course you could always do it early and set up some cameras to record the fun...

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Probably should have added this pic to original post for comparison purposes--

Munch's classic Scream painting
edit on 12-6-2011 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Maluhia

Just to add another scary tree, this one has been photographed by me in Southern Laos and it's close to a very famous "cursed" tree growing in the middle of the Mekong river....

Cheers.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Reminds me of the tree in evil dead 2. Run ash..

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maluhia
Probably should have added this pic to original post for comparison purposes--

Munch's classic Scream painting
edit on 12-6-2011 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

I'm going a bit off topic but... just watch at my avatar!!

What a coincidence

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxit

Your avatar is much better looking than the original - What's the story with the "cursed" tree you mentioned?

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maluhia
reply to post by Maxit

Your avatar is much better looking than the original - What's the story with the "cursed" tree you mentioned?

There is an old "magic" tree growing on a small patch of land in the Mekong river (near the Lao/Cambodian border) that seems impossible to reach in any way, whoever try to reach it dies in a way or another.

Most probably it is just a legend but my wife (who is Lao) told me that during the "secret" war in Laos in the 60's or 70's even the Americans tried to reach it by helicopter and they fell down...

In any case I'm not going to try by myself to touch that cursed tree so I can't say if the legend is true or not!

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Maluhia

Just shows what bad pruning and disease in a tree will do.
Or its an Ent from Lord of the Rings raising a battle cry against the Orcs.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
That's quite a wicked tree!

new topics

top topics

join