It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Galloway Savages SKY NEWS!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Oh Sky...why you no tell the truth?

Edit: The video isn't new but it's still going on.
edit on 6/12/2011 by drew1749 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
i agree with him fully

israel is an illegal nation founded on terror and oppression

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Truther9111776
i agree with him fully

israel is an illegal nation founded on terror and oppression

Actually using your definitions here, EVERY country on the planet is illegal and founded on oppression, because at some point a group of people either attacked, or was atacked, in an effort to consolidate land and resources.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Ha! George Galloway is a disgrace. He snuggled up to Saddam Hussain and sung his praises. I wont ever forget that. He is a traitor to the UK and should have been locked up in the Tower of London. You want evidence...here is an example

Galloway's Betryal

I'm sorry but although occasionally he may happen to stumble on something that is right once in a while but i would not trust him to change my cat litter tray. I dont have any sympathy or time for his views.
edit on 13/6/11 by Wirral Bagpuss because: addition of link

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   
This is an old video, I am a big fan of Galloway, he's made his mistakes in the past , but who hasn't? He is a lone voice in the UK standing up for rights of the down trodden around the world and maintains a strong anti war stance, which I commend him for. Galloway was actually protesting outside the Iraqi embassy when Saddam was using the chemical weapons the west provided, he also tore the US senate a new one about their false allegations of his involvement with Iraqi oil.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Wirral Bagpuss

I see your article is from Christopher Hitchens, Galloways arch rival. You may enjoy this debate where they get quite personal and tear a few chunks out of each other. 2 masterful debaters go head to head.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Wirral Bagpuss

This is from the Wikipedia page on George Galloway but you can check the references and verify it all for yourself if you are so inclined.

Galloway opposed the 1991 Gulf War and was critical of the effect the subsequent sanctions had on the people of Iraq. He visited Iraq twice and met senior government officials. His involvement caused some critics to deride him as the "member for Baghdad North". In 1994, Galloway faced some of his strongest criticism on his return from a Middle-Eastern visit during which he had met Saddam Hussein "to try and bring about an end to sanctions, suffering and war". At the meeting, he reported the support given to Saddam by the people of the Gaza Strip and ended his speech with the phrase "Sir, I salute your courage, your strength, your indefatigability,"[51] although Galloway maintains that he was misinterpreted. Galloway's most recent public statement on the matter was in a January 2007 edition of the BBC's Hardtalk in which he states that he was saluting the "Iraqi people".[5] Galloway's speech was translated for Hussein. Anasal-Tikriti, a friend of Galloway's and a Respect candidate, spokesman for the Muslim Association of Britain said: "I understand Arabic and it [Galloway's salutation] was taken completely out of context. When he said "you" he meant the Iraqi people, he was saluting their indefatigability, their resolve against sanctions. Even the interpreter got it right and, in Arabic, says salutes the stand of the Iraqi people'."[52]

He's spot on in his criticism of western foreign policy, who really cares that he met with Saddam? It doesn't mean a thing and doesn't invalidate his arguements at all.

He has met Saddam "exactly the same number of times as U.S. Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld met him. The difference is Donald Rumsfeld met him to sell him guns and to give him maps the better to target those guns."[59] He continued "I met him to try to bring about an end to sanctions, suffering and war".

edit on 13-6-2011 by lifeissacred because: (no reason given)

top topics

join