It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Serial Killer's Wife

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Text

Julie was a strong woman, intelligent and capable, working in a government office at the professional level in law enforcement. She met her future husband in that office and got to know him while working on projects together and during business travel away from the office. Over time. as they spent more time together, they decided to marry.

John was her "rock". The man she relied on. The first person she wanted to see when she got up in the morning and the last person she wanted to see before she went to sleep at night. He was wonderful. She loved this him with all her heart and sole. John was strikingly handsome and charismatic. A man who was loved and admired by everyone who knew him. He was known as being gentle and kind, hard working and thoughtful. He was in Big Brothers mentoring a young man in need of male guidance. The perfect husband and father.
Julie, retired from the workplace,and became a homemaker. Her husband John continued to work. The nature of his job required out of town trips. For a while Julie went with John on his business trips but over time they stopped. When John went out of town alone, Julie never thought anything of it. They had been married for several years at this point.

One day, on the news there was a segment about a local woman who had been murdered. When the picture of the woman was put on the screen, she had a striking resemblance to John's Mom. John had been out of town when the murder occurred 300 miles away. He came home from his business trip early in the day but after the murder had occurred. Because he had told Julie that he was 300 miles away, the thought that he could have had any involvement in the crime never crossed her mind. When John came home he showered and went to bed. He said he was really tired. They discussed the case on TV later in the week. Julie asked John one day what he thought could have been used to kill this woman. To her shock and amazement John mentioned off the top of his head, weapons that could have been used to murder this woman as if he was there. Julie just stood there and looked at her husband in shock!
As Julie thought back in the days before the murder, John had spent a lot of time at a fast food restaurant near the victims home for lunches. She never thought anything of it until after the murder.
Six months passed and John again said that he had to go out of town for business. Again, while John was gone a woman was murdered in the city near where he said he was going. Julie didn't pay attention to it because it was out of state and the idea that gentle John could do something so horrible was ridiculous!
Not long after this murder, John began to have his lunch in a small suburb several miles away from his office. Farther than normal for a lunch. John would call Julie each noon to say "Hi" and chat for a little while. After the first murder, he never returned to the fast food restaurant near that victims home. John continued to have lunch in the suburb for several months. One day he told Julie that he again had another out of town business trip. This time 200 miles from the suburb. Again another murder near the restaurant where John had been. This time John came home not long after the murder occurred. John was out of it. He ate his dinner and went directly to bed without even talking to Julie. This last woman looked just like Julie! She remembered that he had just recently purchased a gun. Julie got scared.
All of a sudden, it was like the flood gates opened. All these conversations that she had had with John over their 10 years together, about these murders and others. Things that one would never suspect as innocent as purchasing new work gloves because the old ones were lost, or carrying a big spade shovel in the car "just in case". Julie remembered calling John and asking him what he was doing and John telling her that he had been "trolling" . Not fishing trolling, but trolling on the street. WTF??? She remembered conversations with John in which he said that the police wouldn't figure out who killed these people and how stupid they were. A disturbing pattern began to develop.

Julie started to read articles about serial killers to see if John had any qualities that they had. She was shocked to find out that he had numerous spot on traits. She went to the police about her concerns about John and things he had said to her about each murder. Because there was someone close to the victim that the police thought committed the crime, they ignored Julie. Besides, it was John she was talking about. The police knew John. It was absurd to think that he could hurt a fly. There obviously must be something wrong with Julie. She must have gone off the deep end! They laughed at her. Julie was scared! She was credible and had not gone off the deep end, but they would not believe her.

Julie left John and headed to a domestic abuse shelter. On the way, she was stopped by the police. She was handcuffed and put in the police car and sent to a mental health unit in a hospital. She could not believe what was happening to her! John had called the police and had her detained saying that she was delusional! Because he had charisma, he was able to convince the police that she was in need of mental health assistance to stop her in her tracks. John called Julie later, and told her "no witness, never happened" smuggly. That's when Julie knew he was the one. She understood why he had to do this to her. She had been a credible law enforcement officer, and had to become not credible, or he would be in trouble.

Several years passed. Julie was released from the hospital, divorced John and moved on with her life. Murders continued every six months or so each year. All unsolved including the ones from the past, but she moved on.
One day Julie decided to go to a website for divorced women to make some internet friends. She was befriended by a someone who made fast friends with her. They communicated for several months. Julie began to have concerns about this person because of things that they said to her. They talked about reading books about serial killers and how this would be beneficial for them. They talked about reading "the most dangerous game" a book about a serial killer, and most disturbing, told her that Julie HAD been married to a killer! Julie was shocked when they said that! How would someone from far away know something like that about HER husband? She had never discussed details about him to this person. The communication got more and more disturbing. This person told Julie that her husband could be arrogant because he was getting away with murder. That if she continued to talk to the police she would be killed and that he could make it look like an accident. That he had done it before! WOW!! Who was this person????

Julie suspected John because no one else would know these details. How could they possibly? She decided to print all the communication and put it in a book, and ended the communication with this person.

Julie took the book to the police and they laughed at her. Said they didn't need to look at it because she was delusional! Told her to just stay off the internet. Julie couldn't believe what was happening. She was credible! She knew what John was up to but no one would believe her. Eventually she was able to leave the book with a detective.

Time passed one year after the other with murders every six months that could not be solved. Suddenly one day a break in the cases. The police found links to several victims and John on their own. After exhausting all leads, they finally looked at Julies book. It was all there. But now they had additional evidence to tie it all together.

John was arrested to the shock of his coworkers and the public who knew him. He confessed to the crimes and assisted the police in finding his victims. Because John was as good as he was evil, he did not want a trial that would embarrass his family. He lived the rest of his life in prison and lost everything.
Julie became very wealthy. She was able to obtain the reward money from all of the murders, and was given a large check from all the police departments involved for her bravery and not backing down no matter what the cost. Her story became a best seller and movie giving her a fortune because it was about HER ordeal not her husbands behavior.
Justice prevails.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by kissitgoodbye

Whats the book called and movie? Maybe justice for her but if those idiot cops would have listened in the 1st place there wouldnt be as many innocent lives taken sad very sad

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Wow did you write that?

Good story, is it fiction?
edit on 12-6-2011 by Mentalistbee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by andyr1112

I don't know a title for the book or movie yet just wrote the story so far. But you are right, it's a sad story unfortunately based in truth. Happens more than people want to think. In the end it usually is family who catch these guys.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   

So is this your story? I read tht thinkin it was already a book or a movie.. If so im so sorry that happened too ya I dont understand how someone can live a life with someone thats a lie and put them through that kind of evil #tttttt :-/

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
It's certainly up Lifetime Movie Channel's alley. Good luck.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by andyr1112

Writing this short story was good for me. I have held so much inside for so long. I was told by several people to write this over the years for theraputic purposes, but never did until now. All I want to say is that the story is based on the truth, but the ending is wishful thinking. Maybe I'll do a sequel someday. Hope it was an interesting short story.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Mentalistbee

Yes I wrote it. No it is not fiction except the ending. Thanks, glad it was interesting to you.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Excellent writing skills

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Mentalistbee

Thank you SO much for the nice comments! Maybe I've found my calling and will start to write other stories!

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Great story, nice premise. I think it would make an excellent movie if the roles were reversed though. Kind of like Salt, but with more suspense. No one ever suspects the prime and proper house wife.

We've seen it in reality.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Thanks for the nice comments! This is however based on a true story of something that I have been through. If it was interesting, you might like The Serial Killer's Wife Part II.
That's pretty creepy too!

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

I read the follow up. A very good short story combination. I am sorry that it is based upon personal experience. I hope it was cathartic and allowed you to move on with a better piece of mind.

I recommend that you expand upon it. Make it a Novella or book. Who knows, maybe you can turn a period of pain into an income. That would be ironic, wouldn’t it?

Title suggestions:

Miserable Justice
A Slow Death

Of course, The original title is the best.

Good Luck in your future.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Hey, thanks for the nice comments and ideas. It's been suggested to me for quite some time that I write a book about my experience for theraputic purposes, but I never did it. Then I saw the short stories forum here and thought that would be a good place to start. Thoughts just started to flow out from the past, and I think it actually helped me a little to get some of it out. Thanks again! Blessings

new topics

top topics

join