It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Incredible photo's from Arizona...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Some incredible photos I came across of the fires in Arizona which I though people might be interested to see. This doesn't really seem to be getting much attention in my neck of the woods so I was amazed when I came across these.

My heart goes out to the people there, it must be scary in hell.

______beforeitsnews/story/710/303/Its_Like_The_Worlds_On_Fire:_Arizona_Now_Worst_Blaze_In_States_History_And_Spreading_To_New_Mexico.html

Thanks for being patient guys, I hope these ones work okay
edit on 12-6-2011 by sir_slide because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
you know this is barely being reported .... i live in the mid west....

scratch that they actually mentioned it and some other natural disasters wow... they are actually talk about bad things around the world
edit on 12-6-2011 by GodofWar411 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I haven't heard much about it on the news, mostly hear about it from late night talk shows.
Anybody know how it all started? I just watched Super 8 last night and my mind is getting that "coincidence & syncronicities" sensation.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I lived in San Diego during the the two fires around 2006 ... scary as hell. I pray for all that have been affected.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Can someone help me, I dont understand why my bandwidth is exceeded, I've deleted loads of old photos....any ideas?

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by sir_slide

Move the images to a server like yfrog, twitpic, or the ATS media server. Deleting your old pictures doesn't help.

I look forward to seeing these!

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Sorry I got nothing to offer as far as help with photobucket.

I'm really bummed about the fires though...That's my home on fire and I love the pine forests, mountains, canyons, grasslands, and deserts of Arizona. It is the best place on Earth and it sucks that the forests and grasslands of Eastern Arizona are burning to the ground

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by GodofWar411

It is a HUGE fire. I live in AZ. My parents own a place in the area. the Mogollon Rim area is the largest continuous area of chaparral pine trees in the world:
en.wikipedia.org...

The fire possibly started from an abandoned camp fire on the Memorial Weekend.

We have not had much winter rain, There has been a bark beetle invasion killing many trees, and the suppression of fire for the last century has lead to massive problems in our western forest. Steve Pyne at ASU has done a good job in this area, and has advanced "The Flagstaff Model":

firehistory.asu.edu...

Regards and Nameste,

-Chung

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ChungTsuU

Dang Bark Beatles have really done a number at The Rim eh? Last time I was camping there you could see all the damage they've been doing all around. Lotta dead or dying trees. Stupid beatles

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
All fixed up, sorry for the delay and thanks again for being patient people. What a fire.....

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ChungTsuU

Thanks for the reply. They say it's spreading to New Mexico which could just get worse. We had some fires in Victoria which were catastrophic semi recently, lots of deaths and huge sections of forest and communities burned. So I can definitely understand how scary it can be, good luck to you my friend.

SMR

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I know what these people are going through and it is very scary. I wish them all well.
The San Diego fires in 2003 and 2007 damn near ate up the entire city. After all was said and done both times it was like looking at an apocalyptic world.

Best thing anyone can do is just leave. I know many will want to try and save their homes but these types of raging fires are more dangerous than one thinks.
I had to drive through giant walls of flames to get out of my area and I could feel the heat. I could barely see and the smoke had me coughing up something nasty for weeks.

If anyone from this forum is in the path of this thing. Just leave. You can rebuild and personal belongings are just material things. Some can be replaced and while others may not, they are not worth the danger.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by SMR

Thanks for the reply

That must have been really terrifying. You're right about the property too, when we had bushfires in victoria a lot of people tried to stay and defend their houses and fend off the flames, a lot of them didn't survive. Some of the images that were coming were just horrific, no need for details, but it's a million times better to get to safer ground. Measures could be taken to protect their property, but getting out of there is essential.

What are the winds like in this area? With dry winds they can get monstrously large

top topics

join