It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm an Addict

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   

I've done what I've done is due to the feeling that I have NO power.

reply to post by AeonStorm

what do you mean by this. What power do you lack?

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

I seem to lack the power to do what I want :S Alcohol has pretty much total control over me. .... I seem to not be able to do what others are able ....

-AS-

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by AeonStorm
reply to post by woodwardjnr

I seem to lack the power to do what I want :S Alcohol has pretty much total control over me. .... I seem to not be able to do what others are able ....

-AS-

I tried to quit 4 times before I finally was able to do it. Do not listen to people bad mouthing you.. it is not worth your time. Stay focused on what you want to do.. and realize it is the hardest thing you will ever do in your life. If you try and fail join the crowd..Just do not give up.

I have faith in you my friend.. most everyone who has quit had a few attempts to quit that did not work. Including myself. I will say this about 12 step programs... You would meet people there who are sober and most likely will want to be friends with you. Hang in there and call again if you would like as I told you anytime.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

People talk about their addictions in terms of the substances they are addicted to, but I don't think the problem lies in the substane, it lies in what they're using it for. I think it comes down to feeling bad about yourself because as someone in a 12 step program once said, 'you're comparing your insides with other people's outsides.' You feel deep down that you don't measure up and you feel uncomfortable living in your own skin. I think it's just the way life is for some people. And one of the ways of dealing with that is to ease it by using something that makes your feelings less raw. I don't like 12 step programs. I don't like the regimentation and comformity, but I don't put it down for anyone else because I know it has helped a lot of people. I just try to do my best each day.

edit on 16-6-2011 by Hillarie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Alcoholism come from problems,drinking make you forget about the problems.
I say fix your problems and need for a drink will go away.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I have an idea of what your going through, Aeon Storm. I just got over a bad withdrawal from heroin. I also drink heavily, and have even suffered from a Pancreatitis attack a couple years ago and I was only 19, to give you some idea. It's all based on choices, like someone posted earlier. I, myself, see no problem with it (most of the time) and don't know that I'll ever change. There are nights though (like last night for instance) I stay up thinking about all of things I've put others through and what I'm doing with my life. My life seemed very bleak last night. I felt very alone. I can see why someone would want a God, something that knows what your going through...

I hope you overcome your addiction, bro, I truly do.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
i am a chronic pain patient and addicted to opiates of all flavors ..a iv user and although almost 5 yrs sober from alcohol and 20 yrs clean of nicotine i cant even consider not treating my pain...but must learn to be a responsible user of my meds and stop the amphetamine and heroin all together....it is a work in progress

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Op, I'm also an alcoholic. Just decided yesterday that I need assistance. I come from a family of drinkers, and my current job/economic situation has led me down this dark path where the only way I can NOt worry or have anxiety is by having a beer.

My wife is supportive, however she threatened me with divorce If I didn't change. So, for me, it's time to put on my big boy pants.

I hope you are being successful OP, and could use any advice anyone has.....I'm scared as my wife has dictated I stop smoking as well.

Thank you...
edit on 21-3-2012 by amongus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by navione

I am also an addict. I will not comment on my addiction but I guess no matter what The addiction. Us addicts all Go through the same trails and tribulations.

Best wishes to you my friend.

This message applies to me as well. Actually I am perpetually overcoming my addiction, only to find myself addicted to something else. From radical politics to deranged religion to things unmentionable here, my addiction seems to latch on to the extremes of human behavior and drive me in a frenzy to destroy myself. Its a real drag.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

allow your self to hate alcohol,, despise it,, allow the thought of it to make you sick,,, start drinking tea, or chewing on tooth pics,,,,,, you have a connection to it right now and it allows you to drink it,,,, if a part of you or all of you wants to attempt to give it up, you will need to learn to be turned off by it,, so that you can go through your day and days without having temptation or urges to drink or think about it,,,,, same with smoking,,,,,, if you can gross yourself out badly enough,,, or if you can convince yourself you can do it and want to do it badly enough,, you can do it..... once you stop for a week, start enjoying a go to glass of lemonade or tea instead,,,, there also might be some physical withdrawal symptoms, but once you get by it, you will physically be feeling better day to day anyway,,

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join