It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Took pictures of a cigar-like craft 30 minutes ago!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
How bout this, it is the sun reflecting off the topside of a jet in a turn and off of the topside of two engine cowlings on the wings both of which are aluminum or white skinned. Being curved surfaces they would amplify the reflection of the sun and would be focused to the observer from his perspective, basically points of very sharp bright light to the observer. It would also be observed as three separate reflections to the observer, no? Say a jet turning left, nose level with right wing up say 25 deg. exposing the top of the RH wing mounted engine. Kind of like this image but in level LH turn:

Granted this is a lot of ifs but they have to be eliminated before moving on to more extreme explanations, right?

How long did the object keep this orientation and state of reflection?

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Lost_Mind

It was at the same angle for over 30-40 seconds, it was moving rather slow for an airplane. thats why I had time to run in, get 2 cameras and take pictures.You didn't take in account in your theory that it was 9pm when the event occured, so this isn't blinding sun reflecting off the surface.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amberry

You didn't take in account in your theory that it was 9pm when the event occurred, so this isn't blinding sun reflecting off the surface.

Im assuming your currently in daylight savings?.. I know that during DLS in my neck of the world 9pm can be extremely bright (pretty much like your images on the longest day), the thing is you have to factor in that the 'plane' is a good thousand feet up or so and as such while it may not be blinding sun for a person on the ground the 'plane' is in a more direct path of sunlight.

A more extreme example is with the ISS, its high enough in earths orbit that even if the sun is well set and your within the earths shadow, the is ISS lit up like a light bulb even though your both effectively in the same location geographically.

High flying planes have a similar effect around and after sunsets... same goes for early mornings to. Not saying it is a plane, but given the time it makes it a fairly strong candidate. That being said you do mention it flying over you (same hieght?) and (assuming) it looking similar, which would rule out a plane. Although its unfortunatly you dont have any pics of that.

edit on 13-6-2011 by BigfootNZ because: Meh

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by BigfootNZ

I experienced this in 2000 while I was a taxidriver on the nightshift. It was a quiet night so I went home to watch some TV while waiting for a call for a ride. I was looking east and saw the stars while the horizon was getting lighter. Suddenly I noticed a "star" that was moving and I kept watching it. It was very strange because the rest of the stars were not moving. It was getting lighter and most stars fainted away, the object was still there and moving. After watching it for about 15 minutes the sun rose and the object was getting nearer. Then I saw it was a regular airliner.

The picture of the OP doesn't resemble that what I saw.
edit on 13-6-2011 by Regenstorm because: typo

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Amberry

Well, this isn't anything as grand as a theory but it is a hypothesis.

At very high altitudes it is very possible for the setting sun to light up an object. I mean you've got photos of good blue sky and you need quite a bit of sunlight to get the blue. Granted you are in dusk on the ground during the shot but at altitude, where this thing is resting it isn't. 9pm does't matter in this case, but the altitude of this object means everything.

Satellites light up damn good in pitch dark due to the altitudes they sit in and I've seen them very bright up to about 3-4 in the morning on a clear night. Based on the full image at MUFON this thing looks like its up there pretty high. Was the sun at your back perhaps? If not where was it? What city in Indiana is this happening in?

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Regenstorm
reply to post by BigfootNZ

The picture of the OP doesn't resemble that what I saw.
edit on 13-6-2011 by Regenstorm because: typo

Opps looks like I mixed up somewhere, I never clicked that Amberry was replying about your event, I thought it was Amberrys pictures that were taken at 9pm my bad.

Brains a little fuzzy today, cat slept under my covers last night and kept me up
... **makes note to double read everything carefully**

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Cool sighting, one that points once again towards the Nazi UFOs.
It gets ignored by the mainstream Ufology, but the Nazi UFOs are the best explanation for 99% of all genuine sightings!

I would have to disagree on you assumption that the object in the picture was a "nazi UFO." Simply because, Hitler's scientist's never built a functional flying saucer; or there scientist's would have brought the technology, here to the U.S. after world war two.

Also because, you can't see the nazi swastika on the side of the object.

Never have, or never will be for 88's; though I did take great interest in watching the video of - UFO's of the Third Reich, with interviews of the wounded German Messerchmitt pilot- talking about how he took a picture of a flying saucer. I wonder if the photo is real or a hoax. Even though, that black and white photogragh, is one of the best photo's of a flying saucer that I have ever seen.
And the U.S. Air Force officer talking about Allied pilot's "witnessing" Foofighter's was very convincing.

Foofighter's forever.

Erno86
edit on 13-6-2011 by Erno86 because: typo

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

interesting you should mention that. i was out in the backyard in the first few hours of daylight and noticed something moving across the sky, we have air traffic going across that section of the sky all the time and it moved at the expected speed they usually move, so i knew it was 100% a airplane. however due to the way the sun was shining on it i could only see the glow of the body, i could not see the wings etc. it looked like a cigar shaped craft moving across the sky, it was only towards the end i could make out the faint shape of the tail on the end of the plane.

i thought to myself then, some people could of mistaken that for a cigar shaped u.f.o., especially if the tail had stayed not see-able. i took note for future reference. and viola.... here it is, i agree it could be a plane.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by lifeform11

When observing aircraft just before sunrise and just after sunset, my experience has most always been that there isn't quite enough light to illuminate the wings and tail but it will most certainly light up any white or shiny reflective surfaces, just like what happens with a rotating satellite late at night... all you see is the flash or reflection, nothing solid. I have to use polarized sunglasses during daylight hours most times just to get a grip on any given object at high altitude just to knock the edge off of the reflection or flash so I can ID what I am seeing and even then some escape being recognized.

Just wanted to mention also that 9:16 pm here in East Tennessee and I can see the first of stars here. Amberry must be in that special exclusion zone re: DLST.

edit on 13-6-2011 by Lost_Mind because: Added observation

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lost_Mind
reply to post by Amberry

Well, this isn't anything as grand as a theory but it is a hypothesis.

At very high altitudes it is very possible for the setting sun to light up an object. I mean you've got photos of good blue sky and you need quite a bit of sunlight to get the blue. Granted you are in dusk on the ground during the shot but at altitude, where this thing is resting it isn't. 9pm does't matter in this case, but the altitude of this object means everything.

Satellites light up damn good in pitch dark due to the altitudes they sit in and I've seen them very bright up to about 3-4 in the morning on a clear night. Based on the full image at MUFON this thing looks like its up there pretty high. Was the sun at your back perhaps? If not where was it? What city in Indiana is this happening in?

Good evening!
I watched airplanes tonight around 9pm with the same weather conditions. There were 2 at around 8:54pm, and it was nothing like what I saw yesterday - there were contrails left by both of them, and the planes wern't the shape of the one on the picture - even though it was at a very high altitude - I could make out the shape of the plane. I did not take any pictures because I was busy and did not go outside, just looked through the window. You wouldn't see anything on the picture anyway. That makes me think that the object I photographed was larger then the average airplane.

I will keep watching the sky in the next few days around the same time for more possible evidences/ contra evidences.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   

I've never seen a satelite myself during the day light. Could you maybe find a picture of one since I would imagine it not uncommon?

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Interesting, just found this report on UFO from WV:

Submitted Date: 2011-06-13 17:12 GMT
Event Date: 2011-06-13 15:50 GMT
City: Huntington
Region: West Virginia

www.mufoncms.com...

Long Description of Sighting Report
I was sitting in my backyard around reading emails and checking web sites on my iPod (via wi-fi). I was occasionally glancing at the sky as the birds are very active right now and I'm always watching to see who is active in my backyard.
The sky was bright with a few fluffy clouds...very clear light before the sun sets.
I looked up and a shiny object caught my eye. It was moving from North to South quickly at a very high altitude...though not much faster than a jet at that altitude would move. I am convinced though that this was not a jet. It was cylindrical in shape but did not have any wings. It's shape was more ambiguous and less defined than that of an airplane. There was no sound or jet trail. It appeared to have a darker spot in the middle and the whole object was more shimmery and shiny than an airplane.
I did hurry to take a video on my iPod, but it is very pixilated and useless for any kind of identification as there is no "zoom" feature on it. The object crossed the sky until it went beyond my field of vision, as there are many trees surrounding my property.
I live near an airport, but I am sure this was not an airplane.

edit on 13-6-2011 by Amberry because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I am glad you will keep observing and there is a hint of an open mind about what you saw and kudos for that. I am also sure that you are well aware that it may be quite some time before you see anything similar to this moment you had on the 12th. The dynamics responsible for causing whatever it was to happen are most likely going to be very hard to repeat exactly as the conditions through which we observe things like this are in constant flux. This causes our observations of them to change. Just because the conditions observable at ground level are the same doesn't mean that at 50K feet they are.

The jet stream really messes conditions at altitude up pretty good when it is directly overhead. Contrails can exist one moment and not the next with the humidity, water vapor density, barometric pressure and thermal layers being pounced on like that. Even without the jet stream local conditions can play havoc with observing as well, a lot of which we can't even see happening with the naked eye. If you are in mid to southern Indiana that's where the jet stream is from the last report I saw.

Glad you are still looking though, as am I, have been for 37 years or better and the unknowns are far and few in between.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Amberry

I don't recollect anyone mentioning observing a satellite during the daylight hours or using said premise as comparison to your experience. I mentioned how observable they are late at night.

The only 2 satellites observable during daylight hours to my knowledge is the ISS (generally magnitude -2.4 or thereabouts, depends on orientation) and the Moon and if you know how to look for it Venus can be seen during the day. You pop the right filters on and I've found the even Jupiter at magnitude -2.2 can be photographed. The ISS is generally easier to see with the shuttle docked as it increases its reflective surface area considerably and is easier to see during sunrise or set.

The sun is a magnitude -26.7 give or take and the moon is a magnitude -12.** at full moon going down from there through the phases, so a large object would have to be at least near the moons magnitude to be seen during daylight hours. Its not just about size, you have to add any given objects ability to reflect light into the mix to get good magnitude numbers. The math is above my paygrade. Seeing that the ISS is -2.4ish and still observable would indicate to me that that magnitude is about the limit.

Short form, if it wasn't the ISS it wasn't any other satellite.
edit on 13-6-2011 by Lost_Mind because: clarification

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I have taken several photos of the same craft earlier today. I live in Virginia. I saw around 10 of them flying in the same direction about a minute a part from each other. A few were flying in different directions. I will post mine as soon as I'm able to make my own thread. It's good to see that someone else saw what I saw. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Irrefutable evidence.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doron
Irrefutable evidence.

OK... what's the.... oh.. nevermind.

On topic.. I have to outline that it's fairly interesting that someone else has taken a photo showing close to the same as the object in your photos. I seem to have some trouble accessing mufon.com currently, but will try again later, so to check out the links provided here.. I think we can leave out the theory of dead pixels/camera artifact. It's good to note that other people obviously took note of this/these objects as well and decided they were looking a bit strange. Strange enough, so that they'd take photos and videos of it/them and fill in mufon reports.

Now, that doesn't mean that it can't be something that isn't typical to be flying in the sky, but very mundane in the same time. However, this one isn't as easy as telling out chinese lanterns/planes/etc., to me, the only explanation I can come up in the way it looks in the photos is meteorological balloon, but the description of the event and the flying manner of the object don't fit, so I suppose I could leave that out as an option for a bit. So... Any ideas?

p.s. Just in case, for those that might start with the "
Oh, it's chinese lanterns, Venus. No, no, the guy said metheorological ballon. Anyway, move on." ironic comments, I have a simple logical question - IF the Roswell craft was, indeed, an alien spaceship/early black ops, which I believe it was (one of the two), and not a balloon, does this mean that from then on every balloon is actually an alien spaceship?

OP, interesting case and good photos, we'll see how this will pan out.

Back to waiting for MUFON to come back to life for me...
edit on 13-6-2011 by ch1n1t0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I have to say, your first photo is eerily similar to a couple that I took in April. I had exactly the same scenario. I saw it fly over my house with no sound. It was a couple of inches long if I held my hand out at arms length, and I even saw the black band! I am not saying it's alien but even MUFON said they don't know of any craft that we have that looks similar to this. I have a couple pictures of my own. It was going fast so when I came back with my camera it was already pretty far away. I am still curious about what it is too.

edit on 14-6-2011 by Nay3018 because: figured out how to load an image directly

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Erno86

Cool sighting, one that points once again towards the Nazi UFOs.
It gets ignored by the mainstream Ufology, but the Nazi UFOs are the best explanation for 99% of all genuine sightings!

I would have to disagree on you assumption that the object in the picture was a "nazi UFO." Simply because, Hitler's scientist's never built a functional flying saucer; or there scientist's would have brought the technology, here to the U.S. after world war two.

Also because, you can't see the nazi swastika on the side of the object.

Never have, or never will be for 88's; though I did take great interest in watching the video of - UFO's of the Third Reich, with interviews of the wounded German Messerchmitt pilot- talking about how he took a picture of a flying saucer. I wonder if the photo is real or a hoax. Even though, that black and white photogragh, is one of the best photo's of a flying saucer that I have ever seen.
And the U.S. Air Force officer talking about Allied pilot's "witnessing" Foofighter's was very convincing.

Foofighter's forever.

Erno86
edit on 13-6-2011 by Erno86 because: typo

Dear Erno,

what makes you think that they never succeeded building a working FS? There is no evidence they didn't and lots of evidence they were working on them. Even ATS, although it gets ignored, has proven that they did.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Nay3018

Nice pictures! It's hard to tell if this is the same object but it looks similar. May I ask what time of the day that happend and which state/city? I wonder if this does have anything to do with setting sun reflecting. I've seen something similar in March back in Seattle, but that was around noon. I took a picture on my phone but the resolution was very poor.

Anyway I got a phone call from MUFON yesterday for more details about sighting, they havn't dismissed the case, but havn't come to any conclusions yet. I'm curious to hear what they have to say, especially that there has been at least 4 similar reports from the area in the last 2 days. Will keep you updated.

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join