It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Took pictures of a cigar-like craft 30 minutes ago!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SubPop79

I'll get the info on camera for you in a minute. I'll say though, the object was not smudged, it was actually prolong. I've seen satelites and this wasn't one. And again as hard as I tried it did not look like an airplane - I know sometimes the wings dont show for a few sec because of the angle, but this was a 30+second sighting and it hasn't changed the angle.
I've seen strange things in the sky before but never had a change to take a picture or it would look like a dot. This time it actually looks long - I'm pretty excited.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
***REMINDER***

If you are only here to belittle or make jokes, do not respond. It is off topic. Either contribute to the thread or move on to another one.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Read this MOD note!
edit on June 12th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhotonEffect
reply to post by Amberry

This could just be a plane at cruising altitude being reflected in the setting sun. You probably can't make out the wings because the reflection of the fuselage is so bright, and also because it's at such a high altitude.

So yeah. My opinion is that it's just a plane.

Ok thank you

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Amberry

i1128.photobucket.com...

Pic 2 zoomed in

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by SubPop79
Well I have no reason to suspect that your photo is a FAKE because the object is so small and not very clear, and if you were trying to make a hoax, you could have done a LOT better. Forgive me if that sounds offensive. I'm NOT trying to be considering I've been in this situation. I mean, there is always more work to be done, right?

Even though it is not clear, it clearly is not an airplane, although I do have questions, mainly about the shutter speed. I see no other trailing of objects in the photo...do you know what settings you had on? What kind of camera? Did the object look exactly like that? How fast was it moving? WAS it moving? How long did you watch it?

So the cameras used was ViviCam 5022 and Canon PowerShot515. I have both pictures in high resolution but don't know a good way to post them here in high res. Any advice is appreciated. Cameras were set to autosettings. Can't tell you the shatter speed because I didn't look at the time and now it would be different.
The object really was prolong. The grey object that I noticed next to it was more like round shape, was hardly noticible and disappeared after about 5 seconds. I was able to watch the silver object for good 30-40 seconds, it was going West to East, almost directly above me. Object looked as it is on the picture, but I was able to see the edge of it very clearly.

I'd say t was moving slower then average airplane. There was also no trail left after it.

I've seen much more impressive things in the sky before, but this is the first time I had a good camera (and a not so good one) handy.

Thanks for nice comments, I'm familiar with how non-beleivers react to this kind of pictures and it's their right so I'm not offended. It's nothing personal anyway, but thank you for support. My goal was to share what I got with people who care and have been trying to get something like this on camera for a while. Or who look for picturesof UFOs online every now and then like I do.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
The shutter speed was 1/60 for the first pic. Here's the exif data: Ignore the date because the camera apparently wasn't set.

EXIF — this group of metadata is encoded in 2,876 bytes (2.8k)
Exif Image Size 2,048 × 1,536
X Resolution 72 pixels/inch
Y Resolution 180 pixels/inch
Image Description My beautiful picture
Make ViviCam
Camera Model Name
Orientation Horizontal (normal)
Software 1310DUGJMS32F13SA0
Modify Date 2009:03:26 12:17:10
2 years, 2 months, 17 days, 7 hours, 45 minutes, 40 seconds ago
Y Cb Cr Positioning Centered
Exposure Time 1/60
F Number 2.8
Exif Version 0220
Date/Time Original 2009:03:26 12:17:10
Create Date 2009:03:26 12:17:10
Components Configuration Y, Cb, Cr, -
Exposure Compensation 0
Metering Mode Average
Light Source Unknown
Flash Off, Did not fire
Focal Length 28.8 mm
User Comment
Flashpix Version 0100
Color Space sRGB
Exposure Index 37
Sensing Method One-chip color area
File Source Digital Camera
Exposure Mode Auto
White Balance Auto
Digital Zoom Ratio 1
Scene Capture Type Standard
Gain Control None
Compression JPEG (old-style)
X Resolution 180
Thumbnail Length 2,160

The second image shows today's date. I'm not gonna post that exif since you really can't see the anomaly clearly. I have no reason to believe the first image was manipulated though. I'm quite convinced he saw something.

OP...how close to an airport are you?

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Wow....I was outside today in boise Idaho and am always taking pics with my Droid HTC incredible of the day sky. I was taking pictures of the sun and I have those same artifacts showing up. I never have seen them before and I am always taking pics with my phone. Have no clue what they are but I have a couple of them in one pic around the sun. I am pretty sure they aren't glare. I will try to upload them...not sure how to. Nice to see someone has a picture of the same looking artifact on the same day. Nice pics.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Hmm not bad OP, it could easily be a plane in evening sunlight. Given the crispness of the foreground tree foliage it isnt any sort of overexposure streaking a point of light. By the way you can see the ISS during the day on rare occasions, although I doubt you could capture it show anything more than a point of light... so it might be the ISS, but i highly doubt that.

That being said I did see something similar to what you've got in the first pic 5 years back one afternoon, not as bright though, I looked up while in the back yard and noticed a short crisp, straight and abrupt ended line of white about half a cm long at arms length. I turned around for a second, turned back and it was gone.

Mine could have been a cloud and ive seen a few small wisps of cloud similar to it since then that fade out in seconds, but no where near as sharp and crisp looking as what I first saw.

That said Amberry its a nice pic for a change, but to small unfortunately so to hard to say what it could be. I have watched a plane at sunset before in a very wide turning maneuver that for just under a minute looked more or less identical to your pic with the naked eye as its side was turned to the sun and its wings where almost impossible to see, so I wouldnt rule out it simply being a plane.

Although im not saying your is definitely a plane

edit on 12-6-2011 by BigfootNZ because: Opps missed a word

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

That's good to know, thank you.

I'm about 30-35 min afway from an airport by car. The airport is rather small (you can look up fort Wayne Airport) I see airplanes often if I look for them, and normally they're closer to the ground and I can hear and make out clear shape of them. There are also some private airplanes used in the area which stay about 1/5 mile above the ground at the most.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
picture from Mufon report from Illinois today looks same as yours. not sure if this sighting before or after.

www.mufoncms.com...

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Amberry

I took a a very similar image a few years ago. I think the most likely explanation was overexposure. When I saw it visually, I was fairly sure it was a conventional aircraft.

UAP -or not by disownedlight, on Flickr

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Not great photos but I commend your effort. Keep your camera handy and hopefully next one will be a bit closer.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Cool sighting, one that points once again towards the Nazi UFOs.
It gets ignored by the mainstream Ufology, but the Nazi UFOs are the best explanation for 99% of all genuine sightings!

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
:You spark distrust when you call the speck a "cigar" and it clearly ain't.
Next!

(Yes, it may be an unknown something, but what is that old Groucho Marx line, "It ain't no cigar!")

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

Sound's like you've never had a chance to report a UFO sighting before - they give you a list of shapes, and you pick which one is the closest to what you saw. This clearly ain't a pyramid or saucer or a triangle. If you have better names for this, please send your suggestion to MUFON

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by youallcrazy
picture from Mufon report from Illinois today looks same as yours. not sure if this sighting before or after.

www.mufoncms.com...

Interesting! I can't find the report itself though, do you have a link to it or copy? So unless it got deleted, it must've been a lot earlier then mine since I can only see the last 20 reports.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join