It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US warship in the Black sea

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Russia’s Foreign Ministry has voiced serious concerns about a US warship now coming close to its shores in the Black Sea, while the US regards it as an integral part of its plans to create a missile shield in Europe, which Russia opposes. The guided-missile cruiser USS Monterey is now taking part in annual joint military exercises conducted by NATO and Ukraine just off Russian shores. The Sea Breeze-2011 navy training is hosted by Ukraine and is joint drills for the Ukrainian and US Navy with the invited representatives of other countries.

RT.com

Hope i put this in the right forum.

Think this is a bit alarming like they are saying on the article first the "Missile Defence shield" and now joint exercise with Ukrainian military near Russian border

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vozda

Russia’s Foreign Ministry has voiced serious concerns about a US warship now coming close to its shores in the Black Sea, while the US regards it as an integral part of its plans to create a missile shield in Europe, which Russia opposes. The guided-missile cruiser USS Monterey is now taking part in annual joint military exercises conducted by NATO and Ukraine just off Russian shores. The Sea Breeze-2011 navy training is hosted by Ukraine and is joint drills for the Ukrainian and US Navy with the invited representatives of other countries.

RT.com

Hope i put this in the right forum.

Think this is a bit alarming like they are saying on the article first the "Missile Defence shield" and now joint exercise with Ukrainian military near Russian border

I was in the U.S. Navy for 13 years... this happens all the time. We go there on a regular basis. Nothing to be alarmed about.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
There's like 2 other posts about this same thing.

You should add to those instead of repeating this.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I'd be more alarmed if the Russians didn't make a stink about regularly planned naval exercises by their neighbors.

top topics

join