It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

85% Drop in Serious Earthquakes since "Mobile HAARP" Went Offline in May ...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   

SBX has been in port since May 11 for routine maintenance, during which time only one earthquake of magnitude 6.5 has occurred, according to the U.S. Geological Survey. An average of 7 earthquakes of magnitude 6.5 occurred each month in the preceding part of 2011.

www.parapolitical.com...

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Any date of when it left or is leaving? I see that there are numerous quakes going on right now in Ethiopia.
edit on 12-6-2011 by kp1987 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Well it's official then....

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
USGS earthquake numbers: earthquake.usgs.gov... - 134 6-6.9's per annum on average - or 11 per month

Earthquake stats last 7 days (5.0 or greater): earthquake.usgs.gov... - 1 x 6.0

And from 8-30 days ago: neic.usgs.gov... (5 from 6.0 to 6.5 over the period)

so 6 of them from 14 May to 13 June 2011 - my excel-fu says the poisson % is about 7.8% chance per month of having 0-6, and 4.1% chance of getting exactly 6.

so I'd have to say that there's nothing overtly unlikely about the number of such earthquakes over that time period based on pure chance.

i'm sure someone could do a deeper statistical analysis....

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by zuul000

I understand she has a sister, and many children. Vile technology.

AX
FTNWO

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Lol. Where are the terrorists when you need them?

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
So "SBX" is in port; so no earthquakes"?"

OMG "Proof!"

I'm going to be as polite as I can manage here:

Your logic sucks; it starts with a preconception. Using your reasoning it is just as valid I start the following thread
: " My cat got run over and since then 85% fewer earthquakes"...
One is not necessarily causing the other.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by 46ACE
So "SBX" is in port; so no earthquakes"?"

OMG "Proof!"

I'm going to be as polite as I can manage here:

Your logic sucks; it starts with a preconception. Using your reasoning it is just as valid I start the following thread
: " My cat got run over and since then 85% fewer earthquakes"...
One is not necessarily causing the other.

1. If you're talking to me as the OP, it's not my logic. I was just posting a link I found online. No editorial commentary was inserted by me. Do you understand how "the internet" works?

2. In the original article I didn't see any assertion that the radar is an "earthquake machine." Several statements were made and, as far as I can tell, each is 100% factual. If there is a specific one that is not you should point it out instead of rolling around on the ground in hysterics.

Here are each of the sentences in the three-sentence article I linked:

SBX has been accused by some of being a mobile version of, or complement to, the U.S. Navy’s Alaska-based High Frequency Active Auroral Research Program (HAARP) which - itself - has been vaguely connected to the idea of artificially generated earthquakes.

Do you dispute that HAARP has been "accused by some"? This isn't saying "HAARP is" it is saying "HAARP has been accused by some." Do you dispute that?

SBX has been in port since May 11 for routine maintenance, during which time only one earthquake of magnitude 6.5 has occurred, according to the U.S. Geological Survey.

Do you dispute that (1) SBX has been in port since May 11, or, do you dispute that (2) one 6.5+ earthquake has occurred since May 11? With which statement do you take umbrage?

An average of seven earthquakes of magnitude 6.5 occurred each month in the preceding part of 2011.

Do you dispute this?

And that's the end of the article.

If you choose to "read between the lines" or "make inferences" that's your choice. Don't berate others because you are looking for a conspiracy theory to debunk. There's none here. Please make the choice to behave in a rational and lucid manner and dial the crazy down to about a 7. Thank you.
edit on 12-6-2011 by zuul000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Do you know where is the source of the average of 7 over 6.5 mag EQ's per month in 201l?

And do you know what was the average number in 2010, and/or why 6.5 was picked as the significant number - ie why not 6.0. or 5.0. or 6.4 or any other number?

And please don't repeat the "I'm only reporting..." line - if you raise a thread here you're supposed to actually make comment not just cut and paste info from another website

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul
Do you know where is the source of the average of 7 over 6.5 mag EQ's per month in 201l?

I just searched the USGS Earthquake tracker and got 7.1. Regrettably search output is not directly linkable, however, here is the utility with which you (or anyone) can verify: earthquake.usgs.gov...

Originally posted by Aloysius the GaulAnd do you know what was the average number in 2010, and/or why 6.5 was picked as the significant number - ie why not 6.0. or 5.0. or 6.4 or any other number?

No and I don't care. If I - or anyone - were making a claim that this is an earthquake machine we might. But I have yet to see anyone make such a claim.

There are four statements made all of which were factual. No attempt to draw a conclusion was made. No inferences were made.

Your rather off-kilter behaviour is analagous to me politely complaining that it's raining to a friend and you suddenly running up and screaming hysterically "Damn it, the sky is NOT falling! Stop fear-mongering!" No one ever said it was. Calm down. Take a few deep breaths. No one is out to get you.

Originally posted by Aloysius the GaulAnd please don't repeat the "I'm only reporting..." line - if you raise a thread here you're supposed to actually make comment not just cut and paste info from another website

You seem very hysterical. Why? I would like to have a pleasant, emotionless discussion based on mutual respect. I hope you make the choice to join me. Thank you.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by zuul000

Hysterical?? REally? Asking that you state some sort of opinion is hysterical?? How peculiar!

If all yuo are going to do is state "facts", then what is there to discuss?

Are we not allowed to determine the correctness of them, or our opinion of their veracity, to ask why they shold be considered significant?

the link you included also says:

SBX has been accused by some of being a mobile version of, or complement to, the U.S. Navy’s Alaska-based High Frequency Active Auroral Research Program (HAARP) which - itself - has been vaguely connected to the idea of artificially generated earthquakes.

So someone is suggesting a link between HAARP, SBX and earthquakes - why should discussion of this be out of order?

Edit: BTW thanks for the link to the search - according to it there have been 32 Mag 6.5's or larger prior to 11/5/2011 - search results (which is for all of 2011 and includes 1 after the date)

edit on 12-6-2011 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

reply to post by zuul000

Hysterical?? REally? Asking that you state some sort of opinion is hysterical?? How peculiar!

If all yuo are going to do is state "facts", then what is there to discuss?

Are we not allowed to determine the correctness of them, or our opinion of their veracity, to ask why they shold be considered significant?

the link you included also says:

So someone is suggesting a link between HAARP, SBX and earthquakes - why should discussion of this be out of order?

That would be a great discussion. It's not, however, one which you're having. You're jumping all over the map - you started with a wild-eyed rant debunking something that was never "bunked" in the first place, then - when that didn't stick - questioning a fact that was easily verified by usgs.gov. Then, when that didn't stick, you moved onto this latest cacophony of screaming accusations.

Just take a few deep breaths, step away from the computer and maybe come back in an hour when you've calmed down a bit and have managed to collect yourself. I think this could be an interesting topic of discussion but it should probably only be broached by those with a cool head. I would love to have you participate when you've managed to unwind a bit. Thanks!

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by adeclerk
Why does the geo-engineering forum allow this garbage to be posted?
edit on 6/12/11 by adeclerk because: (no reason given)

True - we really should stick to sound science like discussion about a secret global conspiracy to spray poison chemtrails. Not this garbage. Great point. Starred!

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by zuul000
That would be a great discussion. It's not, however, one which you're having. You're jumping all over the map - you started with a wild-eyed rant debunking something that was never "bunked" in the first place, then - when that didn't stick - questioning a fact that was easily verified by usgs.gov.

I wasn't debunking anything - I was asking questions to attempt to get more information - why is it unreasonable to ask why a particular figure is picked as significant for comparison of "before and after"??

Then, when that didn't stick, you moved onto this latest cacophony of screaming accusations.

and what "screaming accusations" would those be?

Just take a few deep breaths,

Yes - indeed you should

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   

and what "screaming accusations" would those be?

Just take a few deep breaths,

Yes - indeed you should

It would be appreciated if you could make the choice to couch your conversation in adult phrasing. "I know you are but what am I?!" really doesn't contribute material of substance to this thread. Perhaps there is a different thread that would better meet your specific needs? Here's a link to the ATS main boards if this useful: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thank you.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by zuul000

It would be appreciated if you could make the choice to couch your conversation in adult phrasing.

what - like saying you are making a caophony of screaming accusations is adult??

So no actual screaming accusations then??

Hey - if you can't answer the questions it is OK to say so - no-one knows everything.

Come on dude - I did nothing but ask relevant and to the point questions and suggest that if you ahve an opinion then you should state it instead of jsut cuttign and pasting part of a blog from somewhere else.

If you think that is somehow not related to the thread then why did you post in the first place??

edit on 12-6-2011 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

reply to post by zuul000

So no actual screaming accusations then??

Hey - if you can't answer the questions it is OK to say so - no-one knows everything.

I didn't - and won't - answer questions about you because this thread is about an anti-ballistic missile radar, not ATS poster "Aloysius the Gaul." I'm attempting to keep it on topic.

If you would like to start a thread to discuss yourself you are absolutely free to do so.

Thank you.

Originally posted by Aloysius the GaulCome on dude - I did nothing but ask relevant and to the point questions and suggest that if you ahve an opinion then you should state it instead of jsut cuttign and pasting part of a blog from somewhere else.

There are a great many things I find interesting but about which do not have an opinion. This is one of them. I'm sorry if you feel offended.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
You didn't proffer any ideas as to what it was that interested you in hte first place - so I attempted to find out what might be relevant - feel free to say why you think it is interesting by all means.

Personally I think it is an amazing piece of engineering, but not at all relevant to HAARP since it is radar and HAARP is not....

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   

You didn't proffer any ideas as to what it was that interested you in hte first place - so I attempted to find out what might be relevant - feel free to say why you think it is interesting by all means.

Personally I think it is an amazing piece of engineering, but not at all relevant to HAARP since it is radar and HAARP is not....

Sounds good, thanks for your opinion!

Have a pleasant evening!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join