It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-ATTACKS: Bombs Explode in North Spain

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Two small bombs exploded in two coastal towns in northern Spain today around about 1300 (1100 GMT). In the resorts of San Vicente de la Barquera and Ribadesella reports are saying that a caller claiming to represent the ETA has made the attacks.

BBC NEWS
Spanish authorities have warned that Eta, weakened by scores of arrests, could be planning a summer attack.

The group has not carried out a fatal attack for more than a year, Reuters reported.

Authorities briefly suspected Eta of involvement in the Madrid railway bombings in March, before blaming Islamic extremists.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Links
Who are Eta
Eta Key events
Basque Country
Country profile Spain

What bother me is its been almost over a year and they have not made any attacks this make me to believe that they could be planning something big. And the Olympics games are coming up maybe they might spread their terrorist act wider?

[edit on 7/8/2004 by SE7EN]

[edit on 8-7-2004 by Valhall]

[edit on 8-7-2004 by Valhall]

[edit on 8-8-2004 by Valhall]

[edit on 8-9-2004 by Valhall]

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Yea, lets freak out like headless chickens. Better yet, maybe we can go over to the olympics and stop all the potential terrorists who may be planning an attack. Better yet, I think we should arrest that guy mowing his lawn because he looks suspicious and now I fearfully paranoid of terrorists.

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Sorry man, I just dont get all this news. I know you have sincere intentions to protect human life, but there are just some things beyond our control.

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 05:32 PM
link   
And thats why its the job of the police to protect us. I'm just reporting on this stuff and bringing it to the pople of ats to let them know whats going on in the world.

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Good post 7

i agree, no attack within a year could mean they planning something. i dont think they will hit the olympic games though, had a look at the link provided about ETA doing attacks etc, doesnt look like they attack outside Spain

rynaldo

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 05:40 PM
link   
There is nothing to "get." SE7EN was just reporting the news like he stated before. I for one like hearing the news off an unbiased website that can promptly remove the propaganda (no one is perfect but were close)

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 05:42 PM
link   

There is nothing to "get." SE7EN was just reporting the news like he stated before. I for one like hearing the news off an unbiased website that can promptly remove the propaganda (no one is perfect but were close)

Ah, but news is biased. News is biased towards death and destruction don't you know?

[edit on 7-8-2004 by Jamuhn]

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I was think mayne they had links with Al- Qaeda but its highly unlikely but stranger things have happend. But I guess your right they mainly attack in spain ryn.

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Well the Spanish have voted out their entire government because to the Madrid bombings. I guess they thought bowing down to the terrorists would make them safer.

I suppose they were wrong.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Wrong BlackJackal, the citizens of Spain voted out the Spanish government because they lied to the public and stated that the Madrid bombings were by basque sepratists, when it was found to be untrue and that Al Qaeda was responsible. Ask yourself what would have happened it the then Spanish government had have just told the truth?

You just seem to be spouting party line. Which doesnt surprise me at all.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Hi All

Newbie here.

Just on the ETA thing.

Would you agree that if ETA wanted to get more pressure applied to achieve their "aims" that they would bomb outside of Spain in order to get international "weight" behind them ?

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by SE7EN
And the Olympics games are coming up maybe they might spread their terrorist act wider?

I hope that was a joke
I really don't favour unreasonable speculations that make no sense at all. Sure you are entitled to your own opinion but don't write some trash that's just to scare others.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Ah yes, ETA, its been a while since they last bombed something. I have friends and family who are going to Spain soon, i hope ETA are not planning a Summer Bloodfest

And the Olympics games are coming up maybe they might spread their terrorist act wider?

Hmmm, ETA has always stuck to targets in Spain, i can't really see them moving to Greece to piss off the Spanish more. But you never know

[edit on 8-8-2004 by infinite]

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 03:13 PM
link   

I hope that was a joke I really don't favour unreasonable speculations that make no sense at all. Sure you are entitled to your own opinion but don't write some trash that's just to scare others.

To me it makes every bit of sense and I didn't wrtie it just to scare outhers Al- Qaeda have a lot of people all over the world whos to say they have not been in contact at some point or anouther?

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 04:15 PM
link   
There has been cooperation between the ETA and the IRA but cooperation between ETA and Al-Quaida. Woah! Get informed.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 04:37 PM
link   
So by the look of these two sites they do some where along the line guess im not to far of off being right shoo I would keep an open mid as anything is possible these days.

IRA LINKS
Eta Links

[edit on 8/8/2004 by SE7EN]

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Sure but an actual realistic danger, that ain't very possible.
The Al-Quaida connection to IRA is more media made. You want to buy arms for your underground war? Want it cheap? Maybe for Spain or other western european countries?

Ask your local algerian or maroccian arms dealer. Not really an intelligence secret that those are the primary dealers and of course: they don't care to whom they sell the weapons. So more a forced business connection.

Else the UCK is quite active in arms and drug dealing. Bad boys.

[edit on 8-8-2004 by shoo]

new topics

top topics

join