It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ridiculed, Again!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by BenWoodsYcc
I'm sick of it, I try constantly to enlighten people. Family members, friends, local politicians etc.
I am ridiculed, laughed at and told that I am crazy.
Some of there famous quotes are:
" It would be on the news"
"They wouldn't get away with it"
"Your crazy and full of sh*t"
"That isn't proof"

I have tried time and time again, I have told them they control the news, I have told them they will and they are getting away with it. Why can't they awaken like us?
Why can't they see the light?
They never listen and carry on believing that the government wouldn't lie to us.
I tell them the banks control the country and they reply with " yeah ok, like the Queen would allow that".
I seem to be making very little progress on trying to enlighten people, this frustrates me, but I guess this is what the TPTB want.
For the very few who have listened they grow in knowledge evry day, telling me some of the news I may not know!

Why, just why, can't they awaken?

Friend, you sound young. Are you young? Don't lose heart, I am not young by any means, and have been about trying to wake humanity up for a good many years now. At the present time, humanity is way too distracted by their cute little electronic devices, even though they give little thought to where that technology came from. They believe the talking heads on TV, and believe in a book a few thousand years old. They look up at the stars, and then tell you we are all alone in the Universe. Tell them any different, you get a nice label, as I see you are getting used to. Get used to it, goes with the territory.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by BenWoodsYcc

Over the years I have found that the best approach is to listen to people, rather than bombard them.

Ask open, leading questions rather than bombard them with facts or your own opinion as it only builds up resistance to what you are saying.

Either they will lead themselves down the garden path if you ask them the correct questions or they will invite you to voice your opinions or facts.

That way they can never tell you to be quiet or judge you harshly as they have asked you for your thoughts etc.

Hope that makes sense.

You can lead a horse to water, but you cannot make it drink the water.

edit on 13-6-2011 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   
I find it best to keep your opinions on such matters to your self.

People don't listen to what they don't want to hear, man is not a logical beast most of the time subtle evidence fails to convince them.

The only hope you have to get people questioning is pointing out the mundane issues of the world that they've never thought about. Once people start noticing the inconcistencies and irritations in their own life then they often begin looking deeper into the world.

<< 1   >>

join