It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Amaury Rivera case

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 05:19 PM
link   
This is a case that I am surprised does not get brought up more often.Amaury Rivera of Puerto Rico,claims to have been abducted while driving alongside a desolate road in his native Puerto Rican countryside.Upon being returned,he not only noticed the disc shaped craft departing,but being persued/intercepted by multiple F-14 Tomcats.He was able to snap off a few pics of the chase,which are quite remarkable IMO...

wearenotalone.net...

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Wow......those pics are good. Thanks for the link,

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Another interesting addition to the case is that Amaury said he was harrassed by Government officials(he believes CIA)shortly after the event,who interrogated him,and tore his place apart trying to confiscate his photos.

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I've read claims that some other guy came forward to claim that he helped Mr. Rivera hoax these pictures. Though of course if these images were real, the best thing for any government to do to denounce them is to pay some guy to claim he hoaxed the pictures.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 04:14 AM
link   
what are US F-14's doing in puerto rico?

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Subsequent scientific anaysis of the photgraphs concluded that both objects were between 3 and 5 miles away from the camera, and that the jet was moving quickly, whilst the disk was moving relatively slowly or not at all.

is the camera was 3 to 5 miles away,why does the F-14 appear so big?

i would say the F-14 is 100-200 meters away in the pics

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 06:34 AM
link   
the pics are fake,just look at the plane and then at the disc,it looks like the disc was put on the photo after they were taken

also that site shows the adamski ufo so it's just not credible

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarkSide
the pics are fake,just look at the plane and then at the disc,it looks like the disc was put on the photo after they were taken

also that site shows the adamski ufo so it's just not credible

Rivera is not associated with that site,they just had access to his pics.His pics were analyzed by a NASA image consultant,who could find no traces of hoax in them,according to Lt. Colonel Wendelle Stevens,who investigated the case.Not saying they can't be fake,but they seemed to pass quite a scrutinous examination from folks in the field.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarkSide
what are US F-14's doing in puerto rico?

Isn't Puerto Rico an American state?

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Puerto Rico is part of U.S. territory, but it's not a state..

www.cia.gov...

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 05:17 AM
link   
I know this case very well as Im from Puerto Rico and met Amaury almost 18 years ago. His incident occurred in the coastal town of Cabo Rojo, which neighbors with Lajas and the Laguna Cartagena, places reported for high UFO activity. I saw the photos back then (printed) and digital cameras nor photoshop weren't around.

What another poster said about the photos being analyzed by NASA was true.

And about the military jets, we had U.S. military bases until just a couple of years ago. See this link.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I am pretty sure this case is the real deal. When he was describing some of the things that he saw in the hologram on the space ship, he very clearly doesn't seem to know what he is describing. This is something that you'd expect if you were taken aboard a ship and were mesmerized by something that appeared to show the future and beyond.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
nice post OP.. sorry i missed this way back when.

this case is an excellent study and starting point for all believers to debate the debunkers. the primary proof is that nasa completely scanned the photos and gave back an expert analysis that the photos were not doctored. just by seeing the video interview of the witness/abductee is a selling point IMO. seems fairly plausible case. plausible that he was abducted by earth humans spreading disinfo too. u never know when humans in jumpsuits appear with little robo grays.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Ill just come back to this and give it a good bump up. I beckon all of you with your noses in the air and your eyes closed (debunkers) please come and explain to us how fake the photos are or how solid eyewitnesses are NEVER to believed. that is the one thing that bugs me about these kids who claim to deny ignorance... whenever a story like this pops it's head up on this site everyone is noticeably silent. (sound of crickets chirping here)

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by kronos11
Ill just come back to this and give it a good bump up. I beckon all of you with your noses in the air and your eyes closed (debunkers) please come and explain to us how fake the photos are or how solid eyewitnesses are NEVER to believed. that is the one thing that bugs me about these kids who claim to deny ignorance... whenever a story like this pops it's head up on this site everyone is noticeably silent. (sound of crickets chirping here)

I can give you a number of ways to fake those pictures with a film camera, including repeat exposures, models, and messing during development. With scanned-in images the options for digital manipulation are numerous.

However, in a case like this the pictures are so poor, and the information so third-hand, that there's very little point in me commenting on it. It says the pictures were analysed by experts - in which case who? What did they find?

If there's a silence from 'debunkers' it's because it's very difficult to prove something or disprove something on the basis of poor evidence. All we can do is say what we think is probable given the available evidence.

People are going to think whatever they want.

[edit on 2-2-2009 by jackphotohobby]

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jackphotohobby

I can give you a number of ways to fake those pictures with a film camera, including repeat exposures, models, and messing during development. With scanned-in images the options for digital manipulation are numerous.

However, in a case like this the pictures are so poor, and the information so third-hand, that there's very little point in me commenting on it. It says the pictures were analysed by experts - in which case who? What did they find?

If there's a silence from 'debunkers' it's because it's very difficult to prove something or disprove something on the basis of poor evidence. All we can do is say what we think is probable given the available evidence.

Ummm, it was pre-digital camera tech and was reviewed by NASA (said it was not tampered with in any way). Of course had you read all the posts you would have known that.

[edit on 2-2-2009 by DaMod]

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
It makes me really sad to say but I (a big ufo enthusiast) can debunk this one. I had really high hopes for a second there too.

First Lets Compare the first two pictures.

and

Ok look at the shadows on the UFO. Different angles however the shadow does not change. Heres the other problem. How fast does an F-14 fly? Notice the craft changed but the F-14 is still in the same position and placement.

and

He took a picture zoomed out and took another one and the very fast flying F-14 didnt move? Hmmmm

I'm not saying for sure that this is faked but the evidence unfortunatly points to hoax.

[edit on 2-2-2009 by DaMod]

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
WOW!

He managed to snap about ten photos in that short time it was departing and being pursued. He also managed to get an F14 in the frame of almost everyone of the them. I didn't notice one in the last two photos provided on the link. How long were they there? They are extremely close to him also, not miles away... try taking photos of aircraft departing the airport and compare a 707 to his F14 that is supposedly miles away.

During the interviews of Amaury and the gentlemen who investigated the case Yurgin Martine(sp?), they seem very untruthful. Body language, faced blush, nervous swallowing, creating backup corroboration by linking sightings to Amaury's ET.

I think its a hoax...

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Body language, arms folded, direction of eyes when answering etc etc

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join