It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Defend your daughter? 20 years in prison

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by balon0

Thanks for posting the additional info! KNEW there had to be a reason he didn't call the cops that time. He knew they would not bother. I guess if the girl had belonged to one of the favored groups, that get special laws, maybe someone would have cared, but apparently, it's fine for one teen to beat the crap out of another, if they aren't special enough to matter. SICK, that the cops allowed this to go this far, and then the system punishes the dad. So, nice, Florida - jail the defenders, and protect the crooks. SO glad I am not in that state anymore!

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by duke396

Adding this to my list of reasons why people aren't going to get a warning from me in situations like this. If the same thing happened to me, I would have shot the punk in the head. Dead people can't bring up frivolous charges and lawsuits after assaulting your children in your own home. Actually, I'm lieing. If I had a daughter and someone was abusing her, I'd probably leave the gun alone and twist his head off.

Look at the BS you are spitting out. ''shot the punk in the head'' You would have killed him? I wonder... I really wonder if you are up to that. Did you ever kill any one?

Do you know what a line you are crossing there? You will open many doors. To kill someone is a burden to carry for the rest of your life. You may be a big tough cowboy american but even those have a conscious.

Don't be such a fool and praise this man for his wise actions. He did the right thing.

The state in this is completely wrong, the system is completely corrupt and this country needs serious help.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by DARKSTAR369

You never point a gun at someone if you are not prepared to use it. He should have shot him end of story. "Mandatory Minimum Sentences"

Just more idiocy. Keep drinking fluoride and wait for the day you end up in a situation like that. Where you have the choice of life or death! Just wait and see.

Is it hollywood that does this to you?
edit on 14-6-2011 by dadgad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

Too bad he shot into the wall next to the punk. Should have just shot him. Then, his word, and that of his family, against a corpse. Punk gets a funeral, dad gets a medal, everyone happy. Personally, I would have shot the little, um, jerk.

With your M16?

Tough talk. I read that everywhere, I hear it everywhere, when it comes it to it, people are dead scared to do such a thing, the consequences are enormous and any sane being would like to avoid having to kill a living person, its life or death you're dealing with here.

All I here is big talk. No intellect. You drink a lot of fluoride water? You go to the movies a lot?

edit on 14-6-2011 by dadgad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   

edit on 14-6-2011 by Howmuch because: Wrong thread!

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

Thanks, and yes I did get away from him. Right in time tooo!!! About ten months later, he went to prison for accessory to attempted murder....something to do with drugs, but he is out of my life for the next 15 years.. Thank God for Miracles! I am remarried now...so luckily, my ending is a happier one...

I too would like to know how this one turns out, whether or not the dad gets a "retrial" or whatever it's called. He does NOT deserve to be punished for doing what is completely natural....protecting his young! No one ever messes with a bear cub because they know the consequences.....but mess with a 15 year old girl if you're a minor and you can get away with it!? Just plain backwards!!!!

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Where the hell is Horatio Cain when you need him! He must be on vaca cuz he would have never let this fly!

Sorry...Florida...CSI: Miami....can't help it! Hollywood always gets the bad guys, in reality tho, it seldom happens!
Kharma....kharma....kharma!

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I dont know if this has been posted yet but we had a local incident that was similar: freewardbird.org...

The run down is that he was home after surgery and some woman (who later turned out to be a psychopath) came onto his property driving down dirt roads and passing multiple "no trespassing" signs.

When she got to his house Bird asked her to leave and she became combative going on about wanting buying his property and how she had the right to be there.

So he "brandished" his firearm and asked her to leave again.

She called the cops. The trespassing combative psychopath called the cops on a crippled post-surgery man in recovery.

Assuming he was in the right he refused a plea bargain and it went to trial.

He was found guilty.

Thanks to mandatory minimums he was sentenced to 3 to 6. The judge came out and said he didnt want to do it but he had to because of mandatory minimums.

After about 3 months his sentence was commuted though no pardoned so he is still a felon and has to live as a felon the rest of his life because some lunatic trespassed on his property and refused to leave.

He was crippled from surgery and she was combative and hostile. He could have gotten away with killing the woman but he just wanted her to leave. So he gets punished.

This "system" is all kinds of screwed up.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Again...I agree with all of you who said it first....this is the Florida Legal System trying to make gun owners look bad! WHY THE H*** DO YOU THINK THEY BOUGHT GUNS IN THE FIRST PLACE? To feel safe! I don't own a gun, but have no issue with people who do so long as they are within the laws of gun ownership! You buy guns for protection, not so you can lock it away somewhere to collect dust. It's not like stamp collecting! It's a security thing. It is a constitutional right to own a firearm, and it is a federal right to defend/protect your life, home and family! Basically, Florida is saying "it's ok to beat people, hurt people, make people do what they don't want to do, and do whatever you want so long as you don't use a gun" and now every single selfish, tantrum throwing a**hole out there is going to think they can do what they want because if someone pulls a gun in self defense, they can just send them to jail! This story has infuriated me beyond anything I have ever read! What right does Florida have to unjustly break the constitution? Also, that state is saying, "oh hey, if you're a minor, do whatever you want because you're underage so no one will touch you" is this really how we want our youth to grow up? Feeling like they can just go and do whatever they want because mom and dad can't "spank" you, it's against the law. The father of the daughter you're beating can't punch you or wave a gun in your face, it's against the law. So be sure and get in as many good hits as you can before your eighteenth birthday son....you're a minor, that makes you special and untouchable! Grrrrrrr....................
Mothers and fathers should just stand by and wait for 2-4 hours for the police to arrive while a child is being raped, beaten or murdered because the person attacking is underage? I DON'T F***ING THINK SO! As a parent, I would do whatever I felt was necessary to protect my children! Even if that meant killing someone and going to jail for it! And kids now adays are wising up to this whole "minors can't be charged as adults" bs, and are using it to manipulate teachers, parents and other adults! It needs to stop! I'm not saying I condone beating our children, but as parents, we should be able to incorporate severe conseqences upon our children who break the law and/or harm another persons child! If it was reversed, and it was my child who was doing the attacking...I would have told him "you got what you deserved, leave the girl alone." It's just so wrong!

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Conspiracy Now

I agree, the cops don't. BUT in my past experiences. in Florida, the one who calls the cops first is usually viewed as the victim. Again, all the instances, I have been involved in, in Florida. Everyone that called the cops first, went home. Even when they were in the wrong. I don't agree with it at all. But it's what goes down. At least, in the Miami area.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by Vitchilo

I feel late to the party here, I wish I had seen this thread yesterday.

I absolutely hate minimum sentencing! Everyone knows it is wrong, it is only a political ploy for election time, it has no business in a courtroom.

However, I do think the father was in the wrong to shoot an innocent wall. Not 20 years wrong, but he needs more firearm training. You never fire a gun unless you intend on hurting or killing someone. If he had shot the boy dead, while defending his home, he would be a hero. Instead, he shot a wall, potentially escalated the problem for his own daughter, let the boy leave to stew on it, and wound up in jail himself. All around bad decision. If he didn't fear for his life, he shouldn't have shot anything, if he truly feared for his life, or the life of his daughter, he should have shot the boy dead. Dead men tell no lies.

I liked your other avatar better.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join