It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Defend your daughter? 20 years in prison

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by balon0

Ahhh I should have read that before my last post; this makes the story even more appalling.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
He should have aimed for the boy's skull. Then he wouldn't have been able to press charges.

Live and learn, i guess.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by dadgad
reply to post by crash712us

Do you often brush with fluoride? Because I havent read such nonsense in a long while.

oh man just have to say good one
I nearly spitted out my drink when I read it
lol

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Next time,shoot to kill.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

WOW 20 years! that is excessive, after reading all of that report i have to say that thee are some stupid people being picked for dury service in the US. I bet that if he would have killed the guy he would have got less jail time.

Here in the UK guns are not allowed anywhere so if something like that happened here it would be like world war III has kicked off

I hope the guy gets an appeal going, he needs to be out and that little runt put in jail.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
I'm not living in the US so we don't have firearms at home. One day, my boy was involved in a fight with another boy from the neighborhood and beat the heck out of him. Suppose that that boy's father would point a gun to my boy... geez, I really don't know how I would feel.
A hand hesitation, a human error and my boy could end with his brains splattered on the ground, over a fight.
Of course it's a parent's right to defend his child but I think pointing a lethal weapon to a minor is a little extreme.

On the other hand, 20 years...! Dude...!

Still, the question remains: why didn't he call the cops..?
edit on 14-6-2011 by shansen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Too bad he shot into the wall next to the punk. Should have just shot him. Then, his word, and that of his family, against a corpse. Punk gets a funeral, dad gets a medal, everyone happy. Personally, I would have shot the little, um, jerk.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
He shoulda just called the cops. Not like he didn't have enough time to hit 911.

I agree he shouldn't be in jail or anything and this is an example of how firearms usually cause more problems than they solve. Had he not had a weapon he would have handled the situation differently (like calling the cops) but instead his first instinct was to grab his firearm.

Pulling a gun on a kid should be an absolute last resort and this was not the case here otherwise he would have shot him dead.

That "kid" had already blacked his daughter's eye, ripped out stitches, and who knows what else. That "kid" took the daughter forcibly from the home. That "kid" then came back, and made more threats. Personally, I would have plugged his rear, no matter what the age. Call the cops? Seriously? The ONLY way this would have worked out well was for that abusive little piece of garbage to have left in a body bag. My kid? No question.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by keepureye2thesky

Originally posted by lestweforget
This would most likely have had a different outcome had the boy been brought up on assault charges prior.

Exactly.

I'd like to add that he wasn't protecting his daughter he was flexing his muscle and it bit him in the ass.

Are you kidding me?!?!? The kid beat his daughter up, apparently regularly. He ripped the dad's stitches out, and took the daughter, then came back and started in again. How is pulling a gun on the punk NOT defending at that point?? Biggest mistake was in not shooting him sooner, you ask me. Who's daughter is the little creep beating up now, I wonder....

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by tlasalt
Completely over the top punishment. This man should of got a slap on the wrist at the most.

But It leaves one big question in my mind, Why did a fully grown man need a pistol to scare off a minor? What happened to fists, surely he could of just given him a clip round the ears (or beaten the crap out of him) and thrown him off his land.
edit on 12/6/2011 by tlasalt because: clip round the ears was harsh enough.

Well, the article does mention a recent surgery, so it's possible the dad wasn't able at that point. Plus, we don't know how big this "kid" is, or the dad. Some teens are pretty big. Not adults by age and legality (or other ways), but adult in size, in very many cases.

VERY over-the-top, and hope the dad has an attorney that will appeal this, based on the newer decision. By rights, he could have (and should have) shot the "kid" dead.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by kro32

Originally posted by Reprobation

Another example of the corrupt so called justice system...stupid jururs.

Jurors do not get to write their own laws you know. There were specific crimes laid out before them (read them above) and they do not have the option of looking at things outside the scope of that. Every law presented them was a no-brainer as to what their decision was with no wiggle room whatsoever.

The jurors could not have decided differently if they wanted too. The issue isn't that he broke the laws though it's more about the mandatory sentence which does not allow a judge to look at other evidence as to the reasons why a crime was committed. In this case neither the jurors or the judge could do anything to help this man out.

The law had effectively tied their hands.

Nope, doesn't fly. I can't imagine the dad's plea NOT being one of self-defense, and the jury could have found that way. I would just bet that the real criminal was polished up by the prosecution to look like a saint, just so they could win a case, and make gun owners look bad. Smart jurors should have been able to see the facts. Black eye, and probably other injuries, to the girl, ripped out stitches for the dad, and surely there were other people that witnessed this "boyfriend" beating her up in the past. The jury screwed up, and the prosecution should be jailed for even trying the dad in the first place. No justice in this at all.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   

the hell with this planet, honestly bring on armageddon or the rapture or whatever.We failed, we are no civilization. So this guy get's charged with all of that for doing nothing to the boy? DIdn't that worthless tripe cop who shot the kid in the subway only do 11 months? Heck my brother got a 200$ ticket for not wearing his seat belt when he was but I guess he should thank her for looking out for his safety. Good thing we have Nancy Grace to keep us occupied while the world turns into amistad.

But I do have one question, why did he need a gun to scare away a 17 year old punk? I guess he did the right thing, I mean he could have hit the kid, that might have looked worse. Whats worse, punching a boy or firing a warning shot, hmmmm?

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrStyx
*snip*

The whole thing still sounds fishy cause if the man had to go that far, he should have already called 911 for the kidnapping of his daughter, doesn't make sense you let your kid get abducted in front of you under hostile conditions. You wait for her safe return? I'm thinking it didn't go down as stated.

I do wonder why he didn't call the cops when the guy left with his daughter, or later, after the guy fled. Mostly, though, I wonder why he didn't shoot HIM, instead of the wall. Blood cleans up, and bodies can't tell lies.

Anyone have more details on this story?

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
He should have called the police. Wait, the cops would have showed up 6 hours later.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by DZAG Wright
Most of you would be in the same trouble or more than this guy from reading your replies. You have to know the gun laws of your State.

Here in FL and probably most other States, even if you have concealed weapons permit and lawfully owned gun...you're never supposed to show it or use it to intimidate anyone. When the guy did this he earned himself a charge. Secondly, he fired a warning shot thus earning himself another charge.

Bottom line he handled the situation like some of you backwood residents are proclaiming you would have and he got hemmed up.

What should have happened is his wife should have called 911 and then called him afterward. He should have come home and found the police already there or if not they would have been on the way. But no, he's probably a member at this site where there seems to be a high number of Daniel Boone types who really believe that shid they be typing.

I know them in my state, and would be completely justified in blowing the little creep's head clean off. Florida needs some new laws. ALL states need good castle laws, and people need to start voting on rights. Just that, and electing people that will respect and preserve said rights, and the problems we have would all melt away.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   

He made a mistake..

He left the boy alive.
I bet anything, the boy was killed, he would have had a valid self defense case..

but apparently the justice system prefers to charge those with a kind heart. I would consider myself to have one.. but even I would have put a bullet in a kid that treated my daughter and family like that.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   
If this guy was put in prison for twenty years for shooting hios own house, can you imagine what would have happened to him if he'd actually done the right thing and put the round center mass like he should have? 20 years, for shooting into a wall in your own home? Who did this kid know? Who was the kids lawyer? Who was the guys lawyer? How can you have a system that requires a "mandatory minimum" that doesn't automatically generate some sort of judicial review when the circumstances of the case are SO ludicrus! What the hell goes on in the minds of some people?

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by anjl32
Where the h*** is justice? What about the abusive boyfriend? Did he serve time too? This is such complete bs!!! I was attacked in my car by an ex-boyfriend who literally climbed into my lap, grabbed the back of my head by my hair and was trying to kiss me...all while I was trying to drive down the road. I had told him I was done with his abuse and done with him. When he "kissed" me, I bit his lip. He in turn threw the hot cup of coffee that I had just purchased on me and proceeded to grab the steering wheel forcing me into the oncoming traffic lane. Luckily, it was early and there was no traffic! I immediately pulled over to a gas station and called the cops (from a payphone as the clerk inside refused to allow me to call them from the "company phone"). The cops came, saw the coffee on me, but threatened to take ME to jail, as his lip was bleeding from where I had bit him! So I didn't press charges. The same cops, then offered my ex a ride to work, as that was where we were heading to begin with! Our "law and order" system is a complete joke!!!! There is no protection against abusive parents or partners.....it's all one big joke....and the victims are the butt of it!!!!! >

Thanks for sharing that, and I hope you finally got away from the creep! For those asking, maybe there are reasons (like this) why the cops weren't called? There are a lot of good cops out there, and a lot of bad ones, too. Would really love to hear more details on this case, but can't locate any.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOrangeBrood

Originally posted by essanance
The father should be released from prison and the ..POS pansy ass woman beater should be tortured to death using Spanish Inquisition type methods .We need to take our country back from this madness , if you are an evil doer if you hurt the innocent ...YOU DESERVE EVERYTHING YOU GET AND MORE ......

How do we know she wasn't hitting him first? Innocent my foot! This source SUCKS! How can you make assumptions like that?

I'd like to hear both sides of this story before hearing brash monologues about killing young men out of "justice".
edit on 13-6-2011 by TheOrangeBrood because: (no reason given)

If the boy was being hit, why would he have come back to the house? Think about it. He would not have. If he was such a victim, why did he wait so long to report this? Simple; someone told him he could screw the dad over, so he went and did it. I don't understand why the police weren't called, after the kid left either time, if they weren't, that is. Would like to see more details myself, but those seem to be scarce. Still, if I were in the dad's place, the boy would not have left on his feet.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Conspiracy Now
*snip*Were talking about Florida police here...some of the worst in the nation, they can't be trusted anymore...haven't you people been watching police videos lately?*snip*

You are right about that! Spent several years living there, and had one rather scary incident, myself, involving a local cop. I was driving my future son-in-law home one evening, rather late. My daughter was in the front seat, and he was in the back. Had a BIG old sedan at that point, so he could lean back pretty far. Well, we had a headlight out, and a cop pulled the car over to tell us about it. Should not have been a big deal. However, his behavior was very off. He kept looking us both over, and his expression was one of someone thinking about doing something. He started to ask us something, when my future son-in-law (who is, for the record, a really BIG guy), sat forward in his seat. Apparently, the creepy cop hadn't noticed him there, and you could see the consternation on his face. Not, mind you, that of a cop thinking he could have been shot, but that of someone that realizes they almost did something they should not have done, in front of an unexpected witness. Proof of this? He didn't ask for ID, or do anything you would expect from a cop,. Instead, he beat a very hasty retreat to his car. No, we never were contacted, no other cops showed up, nothing. What would have happened had it been the two os us females alone, I hate to think.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join