It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USAF General says UFO-USAF battled twice in Vietnam !!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Not that it is the definative word - but North Vietnam did not have any combat helicopters in its Air Order of Battle. Only after the US left, did they acquire them from the Soviets.

They did have a few transport helicopters used exclusively over North Vietnam during the time of US involvement. Between the USAF and US air defense forces, any attempted penetration of South Vietnam by helicopter would have been suicidal. So whatever General Brown meant - he most certainly did not mean actual combat with North Vietnamese helicopters.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Since I posted the article, thats exactly what I thought because the damage came from not above

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Actually, at the time of the incident there was no claim that the ship(s) involved were fired-upon by the "enemy helicopters". The General merely mentioned the fact that during that whole incident a ship was fired-upon. The link below provides a little better information:

Source: AUFORN Special Report, Issue 34, April 2003

Summary: On Friday, 15 June 1968, Allied forward spotters along the eastern part of the Demilitarised Zone, a 9.6km wide strip separating North and South Vietnam, reported seeing about 30 strange slow-moving 'lights' in the night sky.

Basically, it sounds to me that the source of the lights involved (referred to as "enemy helicopters") was never identified as anything in particular, and hence are truly "Unidentified Flying Objects". For, all we know, they were truly enemy helicopters, or maybe just as speculatively spacemen from Zeta Reticuli. However, regarding attacks on the ships involved, these appear to be documented as Friendly Fire incidents, by allied air-craft, using allied missile systems (specifically "Sparrow" missiles).

So, this guy on the YouTube video is not presenting the facts correctly, when implying that the ship(s) were attacked by the UFO's. The ship(s) were attacked by allied air-craft there were sent-out to engage the UFO's.

Here are a few quotes:

After the 'lights' fled seaward, the first 'friendly fire' incident occurred shortly after midnight when the US Navy swift boat PCF-19 was sunk by three air-to-air missiles while patrolling some kilometres south of the DMZ. Five of the seven crew died (more about this later).

At about 3.30am, the Hobart was patrolling (blacked-out and maintaining radio silence) near Tiger Island, about 20kms off Cap Lay, when her radar room detected a fast, in-coming aircraft. The IFF (Identication Friend of Foe) system indicated it was 'friendly' and the ship was attempting to establish further identity when a Sparrow air-to-air missile struck her amidships on the starboard (right) side. The missile penetrated the alluminum hull and exploded killing Ordinary Seaman R J Butterworth and wounding two others.

While the crew was rushing to Action Stations, two more air-to-air missiles penetrated the starboard side and killed Chief Electrician Hunt and wounded several others - and narrowly missed a magazine. Hobart fired five rounds from a deckgun, but the swept-winged attacker escaped.

During the DMZ 'lights' operation, the guided-missile destroyer USS Edson, the guided-missile cruiser USS Boston, the US Coast Guard cutter Point Dume, and the USS PCF-19 also came under 'friendly fire' , but fortunately without causing more casualties.

PS: I think you will find this consistant with the General's statment ...

[...] and we never found any enemy, we only found ourselves when this had all been sorted out.

edit on 2011-6-13 by EnhancedInterrogator because: Added postscript.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by EnhancedInterrogator

The HMAS Hobart alleges they were fired upon by friendly fire of the USA. I'll go along with that until I see more evidence to claim otherwise. The golden question is.....why did the USA fire upon their allies?, the HMAS Hobart was'nt the only destroyer fired upon.......

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Friendly fire happens all the time in wars. Sometimes the "fog of war" is too much for even advanced technology.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Thanks for the information EnhancedInterrogator

Very interesting.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Id like to hear more on the PCF-19 casualities...check them against the Wall listing...see what pops up

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5

[...].....why did the USA fire upon their allies?

Apparently (according to the case I linked), they were having some issues with their radar targeting systems that preventing them from distinguishing the ships from the source of the anomalies (so-called "enemy helicopters"). Unsure if this was some type of malfunction, a known issue of operating under certain conditions, or caused by the anomalies themselves.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Yeah right......and since when did the other side have helicopters and naval destroyers????? There were numerous ships including American hit that fateful day as that of the HMAS Hobart.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Yeah....you keep believing that....I'm not sold on the idea.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Argyll

Originally posted by fishspeaker
i have known about these engagements for some years now. it is called "moh-car-bin-lan" by the greys because it involved 3 of their abductor craft that were harvesting viet-namese villagers for vivisection, as part of our treaty with south viet-nam we had to defend them against these grey raids

Say what?

What is "moh-car-bin-lan" ?.......it's all well and good you saying that you know all about these engagements, but just posting some some crazy language isn't going to convince anyone!

So....

What do you know about these engagements?

How do you know it?

What the hell does "moh-car-bin-lan" and "fu-man-re" mean?

I'm not going to ask you for evidence, because I know you don't have any, but.....what do you base your claims on?

Thanks in advance.
edit on 12/6/2011 by Argyll because: (no reason given)

obviously something that was made up. that poster must get a kick out of making aliens look like B movie 1950s evil invaders. Aliens harvesting Vietnamese villagers for vivisection? That's just ridiculous.
edit on 14-6-2011 by Mercurio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
In the book Glimpses of other realities volume 2 by Linda Moulton Howe page 90 there is a transcript of an A team in Cambodia sweeping the area for an enemy refueling point,when the bump into a landing site.The team leader say a younger member opened up with an FN FAL which is a .308 rifle about 35 feet away and drops a grey down down The team leader was instantly reminded of all the Sci Fi he had watched and immediately began to fear "Becoming atomized".
There was a taller being who held up his hans to the team leader and slaps across the face,which decks him now the smaller being gets up and he really is one terrified person, the story state he had been in 25 firefights up to that point.Well the taller being seemed to mentally indicate that he understood and the team member recovered
Then came the usual "Shut up or we'll disappear you" man in black.

I thought you might find this story an interesting read as it was the same war.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
This has always been a hot button issue for ufologists for the past fourty years or so. Our military aircraft have been and are still chasing after ufos across the country. What most people do not know is that we have lost aircraft over the past fifty years due to hostile encounters with ufos. Most of the time it was due to us being hostile against the ufos. That was due to a Department of Defense order instructing pilots to shootdown UFOs if they do not land when instructed to do so. There are so many instances of aircraft that crashed and indications of our pilots trying to shoot down a UFO. Another unknown fact is that after the end of World War II, we lost twenty or so aircraft to UFOs over the European continent in the early 1950s. In fact, the headline in the Seattle Post-Intelligencer for July 29th, 1952 had "Air Force Orders Jet Pilots To Shootdown Flying Saucers If They Refuse To Land." Seeing as to how this was during the Vietnam War though. It would not surprise me if we did engage UFOs flying over the country during that time. I mean we didn't know if these objects were some new type of aircraft that the Soviets had developed and gave to the Viet Cong. Nor did we know if these craft were from another world or not.

Since you are wondering about why something like this would be covered up by the media. It was a matter of national security that neither we or the military did not know how to prepare for if we were indeed engaging with UFOs and fighting with UFOs. If someone had told the media to "shut up" when this General mentioned what we were engaging with. It had to be someone higher up in rank at the Pentagon that did not want little if any information to come out of these encounters in Vietnam. We had already knew back in the 1950s that these craft were more advanced than what ours were and still are. We were anxious to get our hands on more craft so that we could develop our own advanced aircraft. Just look at what aircraft we had in the develpment and testing phases back in the late 1960s to the early 1970s. Everything from the SR-71 Blackbird to the "Tacit Blue" aircraft that would eventually lead to the development of the F-117A Nighthawk and the B-2 stealth bomber. There is bound to be another legitimate reason as to how we acquired the stealth technology and wasn't just through espionage and research and development.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Hmmzzz, never heard of that story before. Where did those battles happen? My 'lifter' was there in a past life. He did get shot there but maybe he was close in the area before his lights were put out.
edit on 14-6-2011 by AncientShade because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
The scary part is, the American's FIGHT with UFO's.

Why must the US fight with everybody?

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I guess it's possible. They talk about the DMZ as being the source and it was heavily patrolled. On one hand I think it stupid for aliens to be there unless it happen in the start of the war on the other hand, that is the place where conflict arises quickest in any case.

Judging by the many stories here thou we have several cases anyways. Well, you can count my free lifter out, he traveled from Quang Ngai up to past Da Nang but never made it to Hue due to an ambush that knocked his right eye and part of his brain out of the skull. He didn't see any ufo, but than again, chanes were small that he did.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by AncientShade

Your prior incarnation would have to have been affiliated with a 3 letter organization, a Ranger ,SEAL or an A team assigned to MACV SOG CCN since we couldn't risk the world finding out about our "secret" war.Conventional troops were off the table."Enemy helicopter" is a communications security word because actually reporting a UFO can be hazardous to one's military career.
I will not deny that as a possiblity because I don't know everything and my research,long ago,confirms reincarnation.
Hopefully you get it right this life,I doubt I am.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by zookey

I often use the analogy," What could an Apache Helicopter do to a Zulu Warrior who has thrown a spear at it" Us firing at beings eons ahead of us technology wise is a further reach of logic.
I would guess the other guys don't want us all dead and apparently think of us as toddlers.
I very much hope so as I feel they are about to all show up and our Govt wants us to fight them too.
Stupid.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SonoftheSun

He is relating a story about UFOs. What context are you talking about? He even says that the same thing happened again in Pleiku in 1969...so as I said, maybe I am misunderstanding something...if you could expand on your thought, I would appreciate.

Another poster summed up my thoughts.

Posted by Flux
"I don’t know whether this story has ever been told or not. They weren’t called UFOs. They were called enemy helicopters..."

To me it sounds like he was being a bit sarcastic. My take is that they were IFOs, specifically Viet Cong helis. Just my perspective.

Depending on the guy, it could have been his version of dry humor. I don't really know. That is why misquotes have caused so much damage over the years, to what is really going on.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join