It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Steve Jobs unveils Apple's New HQ... it's a spaceship!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Although some critics say this is a social experiment further dividing the have's and the have not's or that it will promote people working long hours because everything they could possibly need is there, it is my opinion that this is exactly what is needed today plus it's a beautiful building. It is eco-friendly and totally self-sustaining.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/752dfbe26fed.jpg[/atsimg]

The architect: Sir Norman Foster .

The Promise of Spaceship Apple

The 150-acre campus will be transformed to 80 percent landscape. The old Hewlett Packard buildings and surface parking on the site allowed for only 20 percent landscape. In the Foster design almost all parking will be pushed underground to do away with vast, heat-producing areas of paving. Where there were 3,700 trees (yes, somebody counted them), the new scheme will have 6,000 indigenous species—including an apricot orchard—selected by a Stanford arborist. The building will be powered by natural gas and renewable energy sources, drawing power from the grid only when it needs a back-up.

What do you think?

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

I think this has been posted before..

what a big waste of money, as novel as it may be

edit on 6/12/2011 by eXia7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
It's going to be their bunker when earth goes, how much do you wanna bet that thing is a system travelling starship ?

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heartisblack
It's going to be their bunker when earth goes, how much do you wanna bet that thing is a system travelling starship ?

I hadn't thought of that!

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

Yes I can see it now, instead of the saying " Thanks for all the fish! "
It would be " Thanks for all the GIF.'s "

As the Earths core implodes and Steve Jobs and his trusted allies go hurling off into the cosmos!.

Only to spread apple software throughout the galaxy, and then the universe!

You know what Steve has been doing with all those profits right? Making a star-ship!.

The new headquarters does look really green though, (Green as in the global climate change fad).
I really think this is a good move for Apple, because their fan base seems to be concerned about the environment (through propaganda) and serious about lesser carbon emissions and personal responsibilities toward the Earths biosphere.

And in my own opinion, this headquarters looks quite more attractive than a highrise building in the middle of a city somewhere. Only because I live in the "country" and trees and such are all around me. It would only look natural.

I really hope that major companies around the world are not putting all of their chips in the green basket though, as a fad, it will soon pass, and when it passes, the ones who diversified will make it in the end.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Posted this the other day!

Apple unveils 'spaceship' campus

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

join