It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

O.co CEO endorses Ron Paul, slams central banking, and predicts Great Depression

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

Sorry JPZ.
I am really just trying to help.
For the record, I do come to ATS to learn, as well as to "guide" as it were.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stewie

Sorry JPZ.
I am really just trying to help.
For the record, I do come to ATS to learn, as well as to "guide" as it were.

The apologies should be mine. I did not intend it to mean your effort was annoying, only that it is annoying that a member other than yourself would waste their time accusing others of his own sins, and certainly annoying to call this a "win - win".

I believe your answer was informative. It appears you and others are being trolled.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   

As far as being trolled, perhaps so.
I can take criticism, so don't hesitate. I live to learn, JPZ.
Good day, my daughter is p.o'd that I am spending too much time here and she has a glass of wine waiting for me.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   

As far as being trolled, perhaps so.
I can take criticism, so don't hesitate. I live to learn, JPZ.
Good day, my daughter is p.o'd that I am spending too much time here and she has a glass of wine waiting for me.

As Pablo Picasso said upon his deathbed: "Drink to me. Drink to my health. You know I can't drink anymore." Actually, unlike Picasso, I can drink if I choose, but I would rather you do it for me. Cheers.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Patrick Byrne has witnessed firsthand the absolute corruption of our federal government in bed with wall street.
Deep Capture

And the Website..
Criminal manipulation

A must read if you want to know how pervasive the fraud is. The architects of destruction run our country.

Wow - this whole thing needs it's own thread!

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Julie Washington

Not only does it need its own thread, it needs its own conspiracy forum.
I am addressing perhaps the biggest crime of our time. It is unfolding (and has been for some time), but the level of sophistication that is required to even BEGIN to understand this crime prohibits a widespread understanding. I am talking about the fact that Wall Street and their criminal cabal can make money destroying our very way of life.
We all should have been outraged long ago....sadly.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Stewie

I'm not extremely fluent in the conspiracies you speak of and want to read your provided links when I get more time. Thanks for those! In the meantime I'll assume you are referring to Mr. Byrne's past with SEC over naked short selling during his dubious tenure at Overstock and friction with his Billionaire father John Byrne of GEICO.

Perhaps the OP might strive to find a little more credible shill to spew the Doom and Gloom notwitstanding the program aired on FOX and Byrne is a known shill and whale contributor to Republican party.

Now let's see who haven't I ticked off?

Oh and here is a tasty tidbit:

Father of Overstock.com (OSTK) CEO Patrick Byrne Resigns from Board Due to Health

www.streetinsider.com...(OSTK)+CEO+Patrick+Byrne+Resigns+from+Board+Due+to+Health/6543733.html
edit on 12-6-2011 by MaskedDebater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   

some people saw this coming
edit on 12-6-2011 by murfdog because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-6-2011 by murfdog because: typo

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedDebater
reply to post by Stewie

I'll assume you are referring to Mr. Byrne's past with SEC over naked short selling during his dubious tenure at Overstock and friction with his Billionaire father John Byrne of GEICO.

Perhaps the OP might strive to find a little more credible shill to spew the Doom and Gloom notwitstanding the program aired on FOX and Byrne is a known shill and whale contributor to Republican party.

Overstock.com

the man is actually busy advertising the corporation...
i don't believe he gives two hoots about Ron Paul or his future...

any association with the congessman is just to get 'Overstock'... the new 'o' associated in the publics mind
with distancing itself with the tandem Party --- RepubCrats... or else the DonkeyPhants

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
More predictions that wont come true. The US is not headed into another recession right now. The fact that he supports Ron Paul says enough.

There is zero evidence that the economy is getting worse, all evidence shows that it is recovering.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
the man is actually busy advertising the corporation...
i don't believe he gives two hoots about Ron Paul or his future...

any association with the congessman is just to get 'Overstock'... the new 'o' associated in the publics mind
with distancing itself with the tandem Party --- RepubCrats... or else the DonkeyPhants

Agreed. In the clip in OP when the Fox clown asked if Byrne if Overstock would face dire consequences as result of impending doom the guy quickly changed his tune.

@ 3:45

FOX Anchor : "Do you think your company is going to die as a result of this?"
Byrne: "No, No, No."

I agree he seems to be posturing by endorsing Paul.
edit on 13-6-2011 by MaskedDebater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by MaskedDebater

The links I posted illustrate that organized crime is alive and well on Wall Street and in "trusted" financial media circles.
You had some criticisms of Patrick Byrne. If you could direct me to something factual rather than opinion, it would be helpful. Of course, I have my opinions too, but I try to base them on credible information.
There is also a very good book, "Barbarians At The Gate, The Fall Of RJR Nabisco", by Bryan Burrough and John Helyar.
This book left me with a new understanding of how these "financial service firms" make hundreds of millions of dollars destroying the U.S.
You should read it.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

You had some criticisms of Patrick Byrne. If you could direct me to something factual rather than opinion, it would be helpful. Of course, I have my opinions too, but I try to base them on credible information.

Why certainly. Here are some opinions based on credible information. Granted a couple of blogs but both relate to forensic accounting and dubious SEC investigations. He's never been convicted but where there's smoke there's fire as they say. I hope this will pass muster relating to your credibility requirements.

Overstock.com and Patrick Byrne caught in another lie

The company has been caught in many lies, and frequently files misleading, incomplete, and outright false disclosures with the SEC. For the second time, the SEC has seen fit to re-open an investigation into the company’s accounting practices.

www.sequenceinc.com...

Patrick Byrne Pockets $3.1 Million from Dumping Overstock.com Shares While Trying to Stave Off Possible SEC Enforcement Action

Amidst an ongoing Securities and Exchange Commission investigation into financial reporting violations by Overstock.com (NASDAQ: OSTK), CEO Patrick Byrne's 100% controlled High Plains Investments LLC dumped 140,000 company shares and collected over $3 million in proceeds during the last several days, according to SEC filings.

Meanwhile, the company is desperately trying to stave off an enforcement action by the SEC.

whitecollarfraud.blogspot.com...

The Patrick Byrne Chronicles: How He Breaks the Law

Byrne is one of the biggest fat cats in the Republican Party. He is heir to the GEICO fortune, which he uses to fund far-right causes like the Swiftboat Veterans for Truth and the "65% deception" anti-schools campaign. He is the biggest political contributor in Utah, and practically bought the governorship for Jon Huntsman.

Source

/MD
edit on 14-6-2011 by MaskedDebater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by MaskedDebater

Oh Christ.
Can you say, witch hunt?
Please.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Stewie

I apologize if the 3 erudite opinions I presented do not support your opinion.

I will try to do better next time.

/MD

added content:

BIO of author in my first link.

Tracy Coenen is a forensic accountant and fraud examiner in Chicago and Milwaukee who investigates white collar crimes, including cases of financial statement fraud, embezzlement, tax fraud, and insurance fraud. She is the author of Expert Fraud Investigation and Essentials of Corporate Fraud and more than 100 articles on fraud featured in industry publications.

Not exactly the type of person that wields a pitchfork.

edit on 14-6-2011 by MaskedDebater because: added bio

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join