It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is UK Chancellor George Osbourne at the Bilderberg meeting ?

page: 1,check
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Is it me or is something seriously wrong with this picture ?
On who's authority is he there ?
I don't pay my taxes for the Chancellor to go to a secret meeting with the worlds Oligarchs.
Is this the new Global Government ?
Your thoughts...
edit on 12-6-2011 by Cosmic4life because: Stumpy fingers...

I would add the Director of the NSA as an equally alarming figure to be attending this meeting, it all seems a bit Treasonous to me.

If the Bilderberger were called the Communist Party or the Nazi Party people might wake up and see the danger.
But because it's called the Bilderberger it's safe, can i get fries with that.

Cosmic...
edit on 12-6-2011 by Cosmic4life because: Filling

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic4life

Wow...

Not even a single letter, let alone a single line..

Care to offer us anything in terms of an opinion? Or even a link? Anything will do..

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

when i first saw this i was like yay the best thread ever

the stories here if anyone is wondering

www.guardian.co.uk...

Early this morning a Swiss website published a genuine-sounding list of delegates to this year's conference. A couple of names leapt out, both of them Bilderberg alumni: Lord Mandelson (2009) and George Osborne (2006-2009).

On the 2011 delegate list, Osborne appears thus:

Osborne, George, Chancellor of the Exchequer.

I've just spent the entire day trying and failing and failing and trying again to get an official confirmation that Osborne is attending the St Moritz conference, and if so, in exactly what capacity he's here.

and

www.prisonplanet.com...
as well as others
edit on 12/6/11 by ronishia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

My apologies for the temporary void...got trigger happy and hit the wrong key,lol.

Cosmic...

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic4life

i looked at it when it was first posted and thought wow, something that says it all
i edited my post above to add links to the said meeting etc

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
There we go....

You OP was totally empty!

Anyhoo, he isn't the first nor will he be the last british Chancellor or PM to attend these meetings and I personally doubt that what Alex Jones say's goes on there has any ring of truth to it. It is a meeting of rich and pwoerful folk, of which the Chancellor is one.

Would it not be foolish of him to not attend and have the worlds big movers and shakers make decisions awithout him being there?

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

I'm not sure if it's a good thing.

Good if he's representing the UK taxpayers.

Bad if he is operating for Bilderberg against the UK taxpayers.

At least as the UK Chancellor we have the right to demand a statement from him.

Cosmic...

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
What I find more interesting:

Hughes, Chris R., Co-founder, Facebook is attending, as well as Alexander, Keith B., Commander, USCYBERCOM; Director, National Security Agency
Hoffman, Reid, Co-founder and Executive Chairman, LinkedIn and of course none other than Rockefeller, David, Former Chairman, Chase Manhattan Bank
Warsh, Kevin, Former Governor, Federal Reserve Board

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
In much the same way an all-star game is stocked up with the big names, the Bilderberg Super Bowl/World Cup let's some new players in every year to see how they get along with the veterans. This guy is one of the vets on many levels, but may be being treated as a rookie this weekend just to gain his loyalty and usurp his power a touch more. And the Bilderbergers closed down the meeting earlier than usual. I wonder if that was on the schedule or a command decision from the "elite above the elite" who don't even tell the average elite smo what's going on.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

As he is there in an official position of chancellor and not as a private individual means that the tax payer has funded this trip and also has a right to know what was discussed. This meeting is anti democratic and should be opposed by anyone who cares about democracy. I dont understand why so many continue to make justifications for it.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I would not put too much on this affair. It is just a meeting where powerful industrialists, bankers and a few politicians get together to discuss - in closed session - current affairs, drink wine and get to know each other better. Just because the exact discussions are not reported in detail, does not mean that this is the NWO. Powerful people have always met in private, often for good reason.

The agenda and the delegate list is not really secret. The agenda usually gets into the public domain, but as records are not taken, there is nothing formal to ever report and this feeds the conspiracy industry.

I note from the 2011 delegate list reported on several website (so may be made up), the UK contingent includes such people as the Chairman of Barclays Bank, the Chairman of HSBC, the Deputy Chairman of Royal Dutch Shell (who is also a member of the House of Lords), a few other industrialists/bankers, Peter Mandelson a member of the Lords and a Chair of a few concerns no doubt, Rory Stewart MP and (of course) Mr Osborne MP.

Of interest is that of the list c. 140 guests only two come from non-democratic nations - i.e. from China. There is no one from Russia (if you call them democratic). This is a club of people from the West. As there seems to be a continual cycle of paranoid Zionist clap-trap on ATS, I think I can report that not many of the names sound Jewish, which will disappoint some people, I am sure.

To the OP. If Mr Osborne is there on official business, then why not out in an FOI. You'll probably get something bland, but you never know.

Regards

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

,www.youtube.com...

info-wars.org...://euobserver.com/9/32463
www.youtube.com...
www.bibliotecapleyades.net...://www.guardian.co.uk/world/blog/2011/jun/11/bilderberg-switzerland

rt.com...
I,AM LISTING LINKS FOR YOUR THREAD,INFORMATION ,I,FOUND

www.youtube.com... is in the air all.........www.youtube.com...,
www.aboutcrazyworld.com...

www.naturalnews.com... our food,this is a form of ONE WORLD ORDER.

www.infowars.com...

So,many secrets,who can you trust...your self and God.VATICAN CITY -- The Vatican says a Palestinian state must "soon" live side by side in peace and security with Israel.
The Vatican issued the statement Friday after Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas met with Pope Benedict XVI and other Vatican officials.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by venusstarlite

www.datelinezero.com... more things..........

Here you can download some important original documents:
http://__._/wiki/Special:Search?search=Bilderberg&go=Go file.sunshinepress.org:54445... The Bilderberg-Group by DR J. H. RETINGER file.sunshinepress.org:54445... The third Bilderberg Conference was held at Garmisch-Partenkirchen in Germany from 23 to 25 September, 1955, under the chairmanship of H.R.H. The Prince of the Netherlands. file.sunshinepress.org:54445... The sixth Bilderberg Conference met at Fiuggi, Italy. The first five were held in the Netherlands, France, Germany, Denmark, and the United States. file.sunshinepress.org:54445... Bilderberg Conference Buxton 1958,
Preliminary Report file.sunshinepress.org:54445... The Bürgenstock Conference (Switzerland) was the ninth of its kind, the previous ones having been held in various European countries and in the United States. file.sunshinepress.org:54445... The eleventh Bilderberg Conference in Saltsjöbaden near Stockholm 1962 file.sunshinepress.org:54445... The twelfth Bilderberg Meeting was held on 29, 30 and 31 March 1963 at the Hotel Martinez, Cannes (France) under the chairmanship of H.R.H. the Prince of the Netherlands. _________________ http...://www.whatabeginning.com/ASPECTS/ASPECTS_1.html www.whatabeginning.com... www.scribd.com...

Important stuff!

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Barack and Bilderberg Recently, there has been much discussion about Barack Obama having possibly attended the recent Bilderberg conference in Virginia. This speculation arose when Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton sneaked off for a secretive meeting while in Virginia. As the AP reported, "Reporters traveling with Obama sensed something might be happening between the pair when they arrived at Dulles International Airport after an event in Northern Virginia and Obama was not aboard the airplane. Asked at the time about the Illinois senator's whereabouts, [Obama spokesman Robert] Gibbs smiled and declined to comment."7 The press that had been traveling with Obama were not made aware of the secretive meeting until the plane that they assumed Obama would be present on was moving down the runway, prompting many angry questions from the press towards Obama’s spokesman, Robert Gibbs. One reported asked Gibbs, "Why were we not told about this meeting until we were on the plane, the doors were shut and the plane was about to taxi to take off?" to which he responded, "Senator Obama had a desire to do some meetings, others had a desire to meet with him tonight in a private way and that is what we are doing.
" This preceded another question, "Is there more than one meeting, is there more than one person with whom he is meeting?" Gibbs simply replied, "I am not going to get into all the details of the meeting." He again later repeated that, "There was a desire to do some meetings tonight, he was interested in doing them, others were interested in doing them, and to do them in a way that was private."8 On Friday, June 6, it was reported that Bilderberg tracker, Jim Tucker, "called Obama’s office today to ask if he had attended Bilderberg. A campaign spokeswoman refused to discuss the matter but would not deny that Obama had attended Bilderberg."9 Bilderberg to Pick Obama’s Vice President As the Financial Times reported in May of this year, Barack Obama appointed James A. Johnson, the former CEO of Fannie Mae, "to head a secret committee to produce a shortlist for his vice-presidential running mate." A short list was discussed by the article, which listed, other than Hillary Clinton, "Jim Webb, the former secretary of the navy, Vietnam veteran and senator for Virginia; Tim Kaine, the governor of Virginia; John Edwards, the former vice-presidential candidate in 2004; Ted Strickland, the governor of Ohio; and Kathleen Sebelius, the governor of Kansas." Other potential nominees include "Sam Nunn, the former chairman of the Senate armed services committee; and Wesley Clark, the former head of Nato in Europe."10 James A. Johnson, the man Obama asked to pick his running mate, played the same role for John Kerry back in 2004, and he selected John Edwards. As the New York Times reported,
"Several people pointed to the secretive and exclusive Bilderberg conference of some 120 people that this year drew the likes of Henry A. Kissinger, Melinda Gates and Richard A. Perle to Stresa, Italy, in early June, as helping [Edwards] win Mr. Kerry's heart. Mr. Edwards spoke so well in a debate on American politics with the Republican Ralph Reed that participants broke Bilderberg rules to clap before the end of the session." The Times further reported, "His performance at Bilderberg was important,'' said a friend of Mr. Kerry who was there. ''He reported back directly to Kerry.
There were other reports on his performance. Whether they reported directly or indirectly, I have no doubt the word got back to Mr. Kerry about how well he did."11 James A. Johnson, Vice Chairman of Perseus, a merchant banking firm, is also a director of Goldman Sachs, Forestar Real Estate Group, Inc., KB Home, Target Corporation and UnitedHealth Group Inc., is also a member of the American Friends of Bilderberg, the Council on Foreign Relations, the Trilateral Commission and is an honorary trusteeof the Brookings Institution.12 It is likely that Obama’s running mate will be chosen by Johnson at this years Bilderberg Conference.

Notable among this year’s Bilderberg guests are Kansas Governor, Kathleen Sebelius, who the Financial Times reported was on Johnson’s short list of nominees. In fact, Sebelius is the only person mentioned as a possible running mate in the Financial Times article that was officially listed on the Bilderberg list of attendees.13 Could this be a sign that she may be the chosen one? Time will tell. However, another Democratic politician present at the meeting was Tom Daschle, so perhaps he is working his way back into politics.

Don’t Forget McCain

Just because Obama’s popularity dwarfs that of McCain’s, is not reason enough to ignore the other candidate. After all, the elite never ignore both candidates, and in fact, ensure they have them both neatly packed in their back pockets. Among the guests at the Bilderberg meeting this year, included Republican Governor of South Carolina, Mark Sanford, as well as Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice,14 which would be a smart political pick for McCain, going up against the first black presidential candidate.

McCain has also received endorsements from former Secretaries of State, Henry Kissinger, General Alexander Haig, Lawrence Eagleburger and George P. Shultz.15 These are not men without influence, as Henry Kissinger and George Shultz were also present at this years meeting.16 Also interesting to note is that George P. Shultz "associated himself with the Bush presidency early on, introducing the Texas governor to Condoleezza Rice at the Hoover Institution in 1998." Could Condi be in the process of being groomed for higher office, or is she simply at the meeting for foreign policy discussions?

Also important to note, is that McCain had a fundraiser in London held for him, which was hosted "by kind permission of Lord Rothschild OM GBE [Order of Merit and the Knight Grand Cross of the British Empire] and the Hon Nathaniel Rothschild." As the Washington Post reported, "Tickets to the invitation-only event cost $1,000 to $2,300."18 The Post later reported, "Aides refused to talk about the fundraiser, or to say how much money was raised, and McCain dashed through the rain away from reporters after emerging. One guest said there were about 100 people at the luncheon. If they all gave the maximum, the event would have raised about $230,000 for the campaign."19

Globalization European Parliament in Brussels. - November 11, 2009 The group decided that it would invite 100 of the world's most powerful people in Europe and North America to meet once a year for two days at a different five-star resort. The group stresses secrecy: "What's said at a Bilderberg conference stays at a Bilderberg conference." Several high-profile journalists have been invited over the years, with the understanding not to report on the proceedings. "Break the rule and you're not invited back." Skeptics argue that members can spend their private time hatching plans to control world politics and economics, ensuring the wealthy and powerful maintain their powerful grip on an enslaved population that keeps the machinery running. Some have argued that Bilderbergers have withheld cancer cures so as not to anger the global pharmaceutical industry. (It is worth noting that the Rockefeller empire, in tandem with Chase Manhattan Bank (now JP Morgan Chase), owns over half of the pharmaceutical interests in the United States.) It is the largest drug manufacturing combine in the world. See also Rockefeller Foundation. They've also kept technology out of the public domain that would allow cars to travel 75 kilometres on a litre of gas in the interest of "big oil". James Tucker, an American libertarian and journalist, has been a critic of the Bilderberg group for decades. A few days before the 2006 meeting, he wrote: "When meeting last year in Rottach-Egern, Germany, Bilderberg called for dramatic increases in the price of oil. Oil prices started climbing immediately from $40 a barrel to $70." According to Mr. Tucker, the group uses its influence to organize wars to overthrow "unfriendly" leaders.
The Bilderbergers have also been accused of backing campaigns of politicians friendly to big business interests. Former U.S. president Bill Clinton spoke at a Bilderberg conference a year before his election victory, as did British Prime Minister Tony Blair. According to the current chairman, Belgian politician and businessman Etienne Davignon, the steering committee that organizes the annual meetings is "excellent at spotting talent." It would seem so. Former prime ministers Paul Martin, Jean Chretien and Pierre Trudeau, all attended Bilderberg conferences. Prime Minister Stephen Harper attended the 2003 Bilderberg conference in Versailles, France, while he was Opposition leader. However, the Bilderbergers were not pleased with Harper because of the Kyoto Protocol, which they were backing. The group also pushed the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) and the World Trade Organization (WTA). See also David Rockefeller. According to Mr. Tucker, they also "turned NATO into the UN's standing army. It's a step on the road to creating world government

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
The Logan Act
This super-powerful world organization runs out of an 18m2 (194 square feet) office, staffed by one person. It uses one one telephone line and a single fax number. There is no web page or name plate on the door. The independent press have never been allowed access and no statements have ever been released on the attendees' conclusions. No Bilderberg meeting agenda has ever been made public. "It is the epitome of low-profile dark ops, a shadow government hidden in a doorway." According to critics and close observers, it's agenda is to weaken all world leadership but their own. It is also, according to a U.S. law called the Logan Act, [15] illegal:
"A US law, called the Logan Act, states explicitly that it is against the law for federal officials to attend secret meetings with private citizens to develop public policies. Although Bilderberg 2005 was missing one of its luminaries, US State Department official John Bolton who was testifying before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, the American government was well represented in Rottach-Egern by Alan Hubbard, assistant to the president for economic policy and director of the National Economic Council; William Luti, deputy under secretary of defense; James Wolfensohn, outgoing president of the World Bank and Paul Wolfowitz, deputy secretary of state, an ideologue of the Iraq War and incoming president of the World Bank. By attending Bilderberg 2005 meeting, these people are breaking federal laws of the United States.(quote)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
This is why the media don't cover these meetings............

There is a virtual media blackout on Bilderberg meetings. For example, not a single corporate media source covered the 56th Bilderberg meeting in Chantilly, Virginia in June of 2008. According to Kurt Nimo of Infowars: "On its face, it makes no sense the corporate media would ignore and fail to report a confab comprised of newsworthy royal elites, chancellors, prime ministers, presidents, ambassadors, secretaries of state, Wall street bankers and investors, CEOs of transnational corporations, and corporate media executives. It makes no sense — that is until you realize the corporate media is owned and directed by this very same elite. In the past, darlings of the corporate media have attended Bilderberg meetings, including the late Peter Jennings of ABC, Joseph Harsch of NBC, the “liberal” Bill Moyers of PBS, the “conservative” William F. Buckley, Jr., Robert Bartley of the Wall Street Journal, the neocon William Kristol, Thomas Friedman of the New York Times, the late Katharine Graham of the CIA’s favorite newspaper, the Washington Post, Leslie Stahl of CBS, and many others. Many are also members of the CFR and the Trilateral Commission. It is no mistake a Google News search reveals absolutely no reportage from the corporate media on the Bilderberg confab currently underway in Virginia. In effect, the Bilderbergers own the corporate media.[21] According to Parascope: “Critics have suggested that the media have been slow to investigate and report on the Bilderberg because many corporate news executives and journalists are members of the Group. Like all other Bilderberg attendees, these individuals have agreed to remain silent about the meetings, in spite of their responsibilities as high-ranking members of the national and international media…. Although underground information activists have managed to pierce the local media bubbles and gather useful information about the Bilderberg’s meetings, scrutiny of the Group in the establishment press is still verboten

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
There we go....

You OP was totally empty!

Anyhoo, he isn't the first nor will he be the last british Chancellor or PM to attend these meetings and I personally doubt that what Alex Jones say's goes on there has any ring of truth to it. It is a meeting of rich and pwoerful folk, of which the Chancellor is one.

Would it not be foolish of him to not attend and have the worlds big movers and shakers make decisions awithout him being there?

Fine! But as a sitting government minister, on the public ticket, I would expect a concise transciption of any and all talks he took part in or contributed to. After all, he is supposedly there as a representative of the British government, isn't he? Answerable to us, the taxpayers?

Perhaps not though.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Support & funding

The American Friends of Bilderbergs is an IRS approved charitable organization that has received regular contributions from corporations such as Exxon, Arco and IBM. Their meetings are funded by the Ford Foundation, the Rockefeller Foundation and the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace. [25]
Members

American Friends of Bilderberg
The U.S. group is directed by Henry Kissinger, David Rockefeller, Paul Arthur Allaire and Richard Charles Albert Holbrooke.
International steering committee
The international steering committee includes Conrad Black, publisher of the London Telegraph and Jerusalem Post and newspapers throughout the U.S. and Canada; Vernon Eulion Jordan, Jr., George J. Mitchell, Kissinger and Rockefeller. [26]
Permanent U.S. members
Permanent U.S. members of the Bilderberg include George W. Ball, Gabriel Hauge, Richard C. Holbrooke, Winston Lord, Bill Moyers and Paul Wolfowitz. The permanent Bilderberg Secretariat is located at 1 Smidswater, the Hague, the Netherlands. Another address is sometimes reported at 2301 Da Leiden, the Netherlands.[27]
Henery kissinger wants Mr.Obama as president of the one world order.

www.youtube.com..., Henry Kissinger is heard talking about Obama and the New World Order. Henry Kissinger says: “The president-elect is coming into office at a moment when there is upheaval in many parts of the world simultaneously… … “You have India, Pakistan; you have the jihadist movement. So he can’t really say there is one problem, that it’s the most important one. But he can give new impetus to American foreign policy partly because the reception of him is so extraordinary around the world. His task will be to develop an overall strategy for America in this period when, really, a new world order can be created. It’s a great opportunity, it isn’t just a crisis.” Drew Zahn, reports here - “… According to Henry Kissinger, the Nobel Peace Prize winner and former secretary of state under President Nixon, conflicts across the globe and an international respect for Barack Obama have created the perfect setting for establishment of “a New World Order.” [In 1989 President Bush said …] “A new partnership of nations has begun, and we stand today at a unique and extraordinary moment,” said Bush before a joint session of Congress. “Out of these troubled times, our fifth objective – a new world order – can emerge: A new era … in which the nations of the world, east and west, north and south, can prosper and live in harmony.” “There is a need for a new world order,” Kissinger told PBS interviewer Charlie Rose last year, “I think that at the end of this administration, with all its turmoil, and at the beginning of the next, we might actually witness the creation of a new order – because people looking in the abyss, even in the Islamic world, have to conclude that at some point, ordered expectations must return under a different system.” Kissinger is also part of the Bilderberg Group which allegedly emphasize a globalist agenda and promote the idea that the notion of national sovereignty is antiquated and regressive.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by venusstarlite

MUST SEE THIS:

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Here is a chillingly prophetic piece dating from January 7, 2009. Think back, for a minute, to those days after Obama had been elected but before he’d been inaugurated… those days of “The Office of the President-Elect” and the cheap-imitation presidential seal… And then, only 25 days after this piece was written, Obama was nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize — after being in office less than two weeks. I never saw this article at the time. As I read it today, I got goosebumps — and not the good kind — as I compared what we know now with what people such as Henry Kissinger were thinking 29 months ago as they looked forward to the age of “hope and change”…. WASHINGTON, DC, January 7, 2009 (LifeSiteNews.com) - In an interview with CNBC Monday, former US Secretary of State Henry Kissinger said that President-Elect Barack Obama’s most important, or defining task would be the creation of “a new world order.” “The president-elect is coming into office at a moment when there is upheaval in many parts of the world simultaneously,” said Kissinger.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join