It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Police Shooting Protest in Montreal Turns Violent.

page: 2
26
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11
 


I love to see anachrists getting their heads thumped. Human trash...the lot. I've had the unfortunate experiance of dealing with these vandals when they trashed my truck for grins and giggles. You want anarchy. Bring it...The majority will win and once again, they'll go home and cry in the rice krispies.

I have no use for these vermin. I'm sick and tired of these entitled kids trashing innocents and their property.
edit on 12-6-2011 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)




posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Caji316

Originally posted by angrydog
i dont think some drunken violent kids running around breaking things will change anything...

thats just the wrong way



Just change where you have the word "KIDS" to "COPS" and this statement will be 100% accurate....


why should i...i just see drunken ,violent kids in there...

i know there stupids cops around..everywhere..dont get me wrong



posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by angrydog
reply to post by Lysergic
 


i give you an example ..
it may be not very worthy for you to protest for maybe but for me it was...

romania made a new law wich contains that all strret dogs and shelter dogs gettin killed. a small animal rescue group spread the word out over any possible media they could find...(yes we can use the new media
)
loads of people start to protest cause of this..going on the streets ...collecting singns and loads of people start to hear about this and start to help...

at the end...now the new law sis not hit yet...and maybe it wont in the future when they keep on the good work ..just cause of some people who start to protest day for day
edit on 12-6-2011 by angrydog because: (no reason given)


It's always encouraging when a protest works for the people and I'm also glad for the dogs. (I raise wolves so I understand)

Maybe the difference is a population issue?

21,482,395 Romanian People vs about 340,000,000 North American people. I group Canada and the US together because we share the same problem.

It would be easier to get an issue across with a peaceful protest in a smaller population and land mass I would think.

Also, the disintegration of rights and freedoms in N. America is increasing everyday so much that it's starting to feel like a war is brewing.

I can't explain exactly the reasons but there may be a reason in there.

Just a thought.



posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11
 


Jude, I totally agree with you here. A wheelchair? That is just wrong. There could have been a few ways to stop this guy instead of shooting. "That's unnecessary" says a bystander. I totally agree.

The Montreal case is different in the way that the cop acted in self defense. You would still think that they are trained for such cases, in self defense techniques. Or using a taser. Or firing in the legs. But once the adrenaline rushes...

As I said, it is very unfortunate but I do not consider it as police brutality. Your above video, I most definitely do.




posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonoftheSun
reply to post by jude11
 


Jude, I totally agree with you here. A wheelchair? That is just wrong. There could have been a few ways to stop this guy instead of shooting. "That's unnecessary" says a bystander. I totally agree.

The Montreal case is different in the way that the cop acted in self defense. You would still think that they are trained for such cases, in self defense techniques. Or using a taser. Or firing in the legs. But once the adrenaline rushes...

As I said, it is very unfortunate but I do not consider it as police brutality. Your above video, I most definitely do.



Yeah, the problem is the rise in unjustified shootings and police brutality. The line is getting blurred and anything is enough to set people off these days.

Where does it start and end?



posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
While I agree that protests are needed to show awareness of injustices,and to show law enforcement that they need to be more accountable for their actions in how they fight crime, I don't see how breaking windows,and vandalizing the innocent helps their cause in any way.

What it does in fact do, is deter from their authenticity , and make them appear to be street hooligans just looking for an excuse to look tough, and do some damage...which is in fact maybe what the majority of this group is all about?

Also, two of the men hitting cones,and perhaps throwing them were dressed in white, so it could very well be any angry young person (maybe rightfully so) who is wanting to vent physically and violently.
It still unfortunate that they end up trashing the businesses ,and driving their insurances up, without any thought for the owners.



posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by angrydog
im not blind..a big protest with alot of people would be impressing...

but sadly those lil violent kids in front keep "real" protesters away .

violent protesting never helps...and keep many people away cause they fear about gettin hurt for themseld or the family...

i like a nice protest..but i hate violent kids infront or around ..causing more trouble than nessesary
edit on 12-6-2011 by angrydog because: (no reason given)


Unfortunately, things have gotten to the point where folks are realizing that playing nicely is just NOT being HEARD.

It appears OBVIOUS that folks everywhere are SICK AND TIRED of playing nicely and getting NOWHERE. So obviously folks are taking the more AGGRESSIVE approach unfortunately due to this.

Hopefully things start being heard so that this sort of stuff ceases. But in the meantime, its getting hard to blame them really for taking the more aggressive approach.


Their cries and pleading CONSTANTLY go UNHEARD. What the HECK do they EXPECT?
edit on 12-6-2011 by pplrnuts because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by pplrnuts
 


When we want the government to listen, we are supposed to write letters(which are ignored), Write emails(which are ignored), stand nicely and quietly in a designated area hidden from sight to protest(which get ignored).....

When the government wants us to listen, they send out paramilitary pigs to use force to make us listen. Sounds fair and balanced doesn't it?
edit on Sun, 12 Jun 2011 15:40:28 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by angrydog
 


Maybe..

But violent kids breaking windows is more effective than all the reasonable people who couldn't be bothered to protest....

Police murdered an innocent bystander and a knife wielding crazy guy.. all because the cops didn't have the balls to confront the homeless man they just started firing. There should be more protest by rational people who see this for what it is: Institutional murder.



posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by angrydog
 


Maybe..

But violent kids breaking windows is more effective than all the reasonable people who couldn't be bothered to protest....

Police murdered an innocent bystander and a knife wielding crazy guy.. all because the cops didn't have the balls to confront the homeless man they just started firing. There should be more protest by rational people who see this for what it is: Institutional murder.


Agreed,

If the peaceful people don't come out to the streets, who's going to bring the message that enough is enough.



posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
the monster is very hungry,
has the eye of the tiger.
it has no fear and dines on
destruction

Once it is unleashed,
there is no going back.

the awakening is at hand
behold the pale rider

edit on 6/12/2011 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
the monster is very hungry,
has the eye of the tiger.
it has no fear and dines on
destruction

Once it is unleashed,
there is no going back.

the awakening is at hand



Was wondering when you'd show up! lol

Yeah, the beast is not silent anymore and it looks like the only outcome is going to be an awakening like none other in Human history.

We don't fight with sticks and stones anymore.



posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
Was wondering when you'd show up! lol
Yeah, the beast is not silent anymore and it looks like the only outcome is going to be an awakening like none other in Human history.
We don't fight with sticks and stones anymore.


Human History:
now there is a Revolutionary concept.

I suspect Chapter 2 is about to begin
and it will not be pretty.



posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11


A knife? Since when is this cause for a gun to be fired?


edit on 12-6-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)


This is what I miss the most about living in Montreal people real people demanding accountability unlike here in Alberta where they all just bend over and grab their ankles for TPTB.

FnS for the OP and let me know when the official Canada wide revolution starts I am way past ready. XD

edit on 12-6-2011 by UcDat because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

Originally posted by jude11
Was wondering when you'd show up! lol
Yeah, the beast is not silent anymore and it looks like the only outcome is going to be an awakening like none other in Human history.
We don't fight with sticks and stones anymore.


Human History:
now there is a Revolutionary concept.

I suspect Chapter 2 is about to begin
and it will not be pretty.



Revolutions up til this point in history have been localized to Country, State and even Townships.

The coming revolution will be Global, and therein lies the difference and the danger.



posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Civilian oversight committees need to be established in ALL police jurisdictions. The police have proven time and again that they cannot police themselves.

All policemen should be tested every month for steroid use as well.

Every year policemen should be psychologically evaluated and lie detector tested. The lie detector questions would be "Have you ever stolen drugs or money from a suspect?" "Have you ever taken anything from a home,car, or business where you were investigating?" "Have you ever accepted sexual favors from a suspect or while on the job?" "Have you ever planted evidence?" "Have you ever seen a fellow officer do any of the above and failed to report it?"



posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
Civilian oversight committees need to be established in ALL police jurisdictions. The police have proven time and again that they cannot police themselves.

All policemen should be tested every month for steroid use as well.

Every year policemen should be psychologically evaluated and lie detector tested. The lie detector questions would be "Have you ever stolen drugs or money from a suspect?" "Have you ever taken anything from a home,car, or business where you were investigating?" "Have you ever accepted sexual favors from a suspect or while on the job?" "Have you ever planted evidence?" "Have you ever seen a fellow officer do any of the above and failed to report it?"


Hopefully the Ombudsman will set these guidelines in motion.

Very clear that police need to be tested both mentally and physically before they are given a gun and turned loose on the streets.



posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Wow...I've seen so many police brutality vids recently...seems so vile and scary...the people who are supposed to protect you are actually going against you...



posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
What's ridiculous about this is that the family said this is not the time to lay blame, but to mourn. One relative said she does not blame the police. Obviously these people don't care what the family has to say.



posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I saw fear in the eyes of the police at the road block. I didn't see any cop figures in the crowd, but I wouldn't call them "vandals" either. More like hooligans.




top topics



 
26
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join