It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Shooting Protest in Montreal Turns Violent.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
It's becoming more clear everyday that the police are out of control and have started to have a complete disregard for our rights. For those that think this happens only in the US, think again.

I have to wonder when the point will be that people will not stand for these power mad thugs patrolling our streets. We are supposed to feel safe that they are out there but I am not feeling safe these days. I find myself checking my rear view mirror more and more. I watch closely when I see someone pulled over on the highway.

We used to watch the criminals, now we watch the police.

www.protestation.org...

Anti-police brutality demonstrators in Montreal marched to the site of a tragic shooting Wednesday night where two people, including an innocent bystander, were killed by officers’ bullets. Then they began smashing windows. Members of the crowd picked up materials from a construction site and hurled them as projectiles.

The video shows what is coming. People are not going to take this much longer.

Funeral for innocent bystander:

Funeral to be held for slain Montreal bystander Family and friends of a bystander killed by Montreal police

Patrick Limoges, 36, is being remembered as a loving son and a willing worker as they gathered Sunday in Trois-Rivières for his funeral. updatedFuneral to be held for slain Montreal bystander Hospital worker hit by a stray police bullet while on way to work

www.cbc.ca...

Family and friends of a bystander killed by Montreal police are gathering in Trois-Rivières for his funeral. Flowers mark the site where hospital worker Patrick Limoges, 36, was shot by Montreal police. Flowers mark the site where hospital worker Patrick Limoges, 36, was shot by Montreal police. Paul Chiasson/Canadian Press Patrick Limoges, 36, is being remembered as a loving son and a willing worker who was well-liked by his colleagues. He was killed Tuesday after he was hit by a stray bullet while he was on his way to work at the Saint-Luc Hospital. He was caught in the fray of a police operation targetting a 40-year-old suspect who was allegedly wielding a knife. That man, Mario Hamel, a resident of a downtown homeless shelter, was also fatally shot.

The other issue here is in the investigation process:

Violent police cases need outside eye, Quebec told

They are calling for civilian input on police shootings and I agree this is what is needed. If we were allowed to investigate and present our side, it would make the police more accountable for their actions.

www.cbc.ca...

A civilian body examining police-related incidents that lead to death or serious injury would bring much-needed impartiality to reviews of alleged police wrongdoing, Saint-Germain said.

The Ombudsman is in favor of this so it looks like it may actually come to fruition:

In her report to the Quebec National Assembly, Saint-Germain argued that "police solidarity" might otherwise skew rulings as officers try to protect their colleagues.

For those that may have missed the original event:

A man wielding a knife is shot down by police as well as an innocent bystander.

www.cbc.ca...

A second man has died from his injuries after shots were fired by police early Tuesday morning in Montreal's downtown core, near the corner of St-Denis and Ste-Catherine streets. The 36-year-old was on his way to work at the Saint-Luc Hospital and was hit by a stray bullet.

A knife? Since when is this cause for a gun to be fired?

edit on 12-6-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
i dont think some drunken violent kids running around breaking things will change anything...

thats just the wrong way

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by angrydog

The wrong way is by not doing anything; after the Gestapo murders your family members remember that.

Sitting idly by while tyranny runs rampant is almost as bad as what the Police officers have committed.

Do not turn a blind eye to the Gestapo Thugs that patrol our streets; they are Criminals in uniform.
edit on 12-6-2011 by TheUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
im not blind..a big protest with alot of people would be impressing...

but sadly those lil violent kids in front keep "real" protesters away .

violent protesting never helps...and keep many people away cause they fear about gettin hurt for themseld or the family...

i like a nice protest..but i hate violent kids infront or around ..causing more trouble than nessesary
edit on 12-6-2011 by angrydog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by angrydog
i dont think some drunken violent kids running around breaking things will change anything...

thats just the wrong way

I agree it isn't the perfect way.

But what is the correct way? The peaceful ways haven't been too successful and people are getting PO'd more and more everyday.

So what is the way?

The Ombudsman approach is a good start but somehow, I don't have much confidence that it will come to anything.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

im not blind..a big protest with alot of people would be impressing...

but sadly those lil violent kids in front keep "real" protesters away .

violent protesting never helps...and keep many people away cause they fear about gettin hurt for themseld or the family...

i like a nice protest..but i hate violent kids infront or around ..causing more trouble than nessesary

And again I agree. The kids are full of pi$$ and vinegar and sometimes cause more problems. But it was wrong and the older folks are not doing anything apparently.

The passion of youth can be a good thing but can also go too far. But if no one does anything, what then?

The Quebec youth remind me of the Korean youth in their readiness to hit the streets in numbers against 'The Man'. Gotta give them a little credit for not sitting at home at least.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

well..i remember times where people done protest ..peacefull and every day ..

familys,veterans,young people...etc. seems like nowadays the people are to lazy or even to fat arsed
to move out for their rights..i agree with you there.

even when we detroy out planet we cant get enough people for a good protest...nowadays..and thats sad.

i wish i see same amount of people on a protest like i see when the new ipad2 come out waiting on the entrance of the stores...

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Smashing windows of innocent people is no way to prove points to police. Go to their divisions or something... deface their property, not the innocent bystanders.

These appear to be the same thugs that came to toronto for the G20, Wearing all black, covering faces with Tshirts and bandanas. They turned the situation very ugly. But im kinda glad they did what they did in toronto, it opened people up to the idea they arn't as free dwelling as they think they are. Rights dont matter anymore, anywhere when testing the governments.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by angrydog

and what, pray tell exactly those peaceful protest have accomplished?
edit on 12-6-2011 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Makes me wonder how many of those trouble starters were actually cops. Not unheard of. Also the reactions of the other protesters were quite telling.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I would like to add details to your post. Although I am totally against police brutality.

The deceased victim (a homeless man that had turned extremely violent before the cops arrived) ran towards a cop with his knife in a serious attempt to stab. He got shot.

I think that any policeman in the world would fire in such a case.

The innocent bystander got a ricochet from a second bullet that hit the street first. It hit him behind the neck and he later died. Very unfortunate bad luck. Wrong place at the wrong time.

Now as far as that manifestation goes...anyone attending a manifestation while having his face masked isn't there to walk, talk or make peace but problems and most often times, vandalism.

This is how I see this unfortunate occurrence of events.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

reply to post by jude11

well..i remember times where people done protest ..peacefull and every day ..

familys,veterans,young people...etc. seems like nowadays the people are to lazy or even to fat arsed
to move out for their rights..i agree with you there.

even when we detroy out planet we cant get enough people for a good protest...nowadays..and thats sad.

i wish i see same amount of people on a protest like i see when the new ipad2 come out waiting on the entrance of the stores...

Yeah, the IPAD gatherings...lol Nice comparison.

I remember the protests of yore as well. I also remember that they didn't accomplish anything. Stood in a few myself but what did we accomplish?

People walking around with animal balloons, face painting and bongos don't do it anymore. Doesn't even make to the MSM.

But this protest is starting to go viral.

What's the answer? Don't know.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
Makes me wonder how many of those trouble starters were actually cops. Not unheard of. Also the reactions of the other protesters were quite telling.

Yeah, the agent Provocateur theory is making its rounds as well. Especially since the summits last year proved to have them starting violence in the streets.

Good question.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

well for me the main reason of a protest is to get many people as possible...and show them we dont like what they did...and more often you do it ..it will stay in mind of other people..maybe media gets involved cause of the mass ..

what i mean is...im sure many more people would join a protest but they fear for their lifes...cause of kids like these infront..when they start to get violent...the police is allowed to stop the protest...and thats exactly what not should happend

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Isn't it funny that the only time you hear about protests in any decent coverage is when there is some kind of violence involved? Gee, I wonder why that is. We are only hearing about like one out of a thousand protest going on out there. People need to stop following all the illegal "rules" put in place... They tell you when, where and how we can protest, and we listen.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

It seems a problem with every protest is there is an idiot or two in everyone that starts off by doing something stupid, they will knock something over and or break things.
The reason why these protests will get nowhere is the protesters cannot police themselves, why would the "authorities bend to their will if they cannot govern themselves?
You see the police know what they are gonna do, the protestors don't.
And it is a shame.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
If people fear for their safety and fear for their lives when considering going to make a peaceful protest against their government, which is their right; than we have a major problem.

This means that the government is using INTIMIDATION tactics to dissuade the population from voicing their opposition.

This means we are being oppressed.

This also means that any form of revolt is acceptable now that the rules are out the window.

The Government doesn't follow the Law anymore. Time to put them in their place.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonoftheSun
reply to post by jude11

I would like to add details to your post. Although I am totally against police brutality.

The deceased victim (a homeless man that had turned extremely violent before the cops arrived) ran towards a cop with his knife in a serious attempt to stab. He got shot.

I think that any policeman in the world would fire in such a case.

The innocent bystander got a ricochet from a second bullet that hit the street first. It hit him behind the neck and he later died. Very unfortunate bad luck. Wrong place at the wrong time.

Now as far as that manifestation goes...anyone attending a manifestation while having his face masked isn't there to walk, talk or make peace but problems and most often times, vandalism.

This is how I see this unfortunate occurrence of events.

Yes, we weren't there and have no idea what actually happened but a man with a knife is no match for a gun. Especially when the officers have other means of taking him down. Non-lethal means.

I remembered this one and again, I don't understand. Clearly a different situation but just not right:

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

i give you an example ..
it may be not very worthy for you to protest for maybe but for me it was...

romania made a new law wich contains that all street dogs and shelter dogs gettin killed. a small animal rescue group spread the word out over any possible media they could find...(yes we can use the new media
)
loads of people start to protest cause of this..going on the streets ...collecting singns and loads of people start to hear about this and start to help...

at the end...now the new law sis not hit yet...and maybe it wont in the future when they keep on the good work ..just cause of some people who start to protest day for day

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

thats just the wrong way

Just change where you have the word "KIDS" to "COPS" and this statement will be 100% accurate....

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join