It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

whats with all the war/law enforcement themes on TV?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Whats with all the war/law enforcement themes on TV?
Has Hollywood officially ran out of ideas or is this more pro-war machine propaganda?

Well at least there is a new season of Battlestar Galactica.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

It's not just TV. It's everywhere, TV, media, even here on ATS.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I don't know how to proove it, but I have heard from news sources and such that the government does underwrite television programs. Shows like NCIS, Bones, CSI, The Unit, Blue Bloods, on and on, they say encourage american youth to persue higher education, join the military and foster a respect law enforcement.

This is not new. I know because it worker on my daughter. She used to the love the show "Quincy" about a forensic pathogist. She wanted to grow up and be just like Quicny! And, she did, with a PHD and 2 Bachelor's in micro biology, genetics and imunology. I'm just glad she didn't join the military, as she also wanted to do.

You can look at it as sinsister mind control, which it may be at bit, or a push to the youth to get off their butts and get an education (so you can be like the role models we put in front of you)!

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Simple.

It's to reaffirm that the GOOD GUYS.. Law Enforcement ALWAYS win.

So,Don't go tryin nuthin. Got IT? Or you'll get it.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Predictive programing - Behavior modification techniques, federally funded, documents are available online.

CSI Miami for example....

Be careful of what you say around avid TV watchers, they will be speaking German only soon.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

I believe this technique which you are describing called is predictive programming this enables a watcher to be apparently exposed to events before they happen.

edit on 12-6-2011 by Revelation11 because: Not telling you.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
It's nothing new. but then I guess if you're young it might seem that it is.

There have always been Law enforcement or War shows on TV and in film, soemtimes used as propoganda pieces (look at films during WW2 for example) but for the most part simply because people like to watch that sort of thing.

Really don't see the conspiracy, if that is what you're alluding too.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
1) Recruitment drive
2) We are the goodguy's programing
3) Predictive programing and enforcement

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
My brother watches TruTV so much and all I see is cop shows when I visit him. I'm not into the stuff because frankly, the police state situation is maddening, but I watch it every once in a while.

One thing I've always noticed is that when a cop asks someone for consent to search their vehicle or personal belongings, the sheeple always let them do it, and it usually results in an arrest! It makes me want to put my foot through the damn TV.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
In my opinion, it is all about conditioning the general public. When Horatio Caine(sp?) tortures a guy by standing on his bullet riddled arm to get information, what do you think? What do you feel? Do you feel bad about the trampling of the 4th and 5th amendments? or do you feel a self righteous indignation and triumph as the bad guy gets his "just deserts"?
They are conditioning us to accept evil as good. To accept the actions of police, even when despicable, as always right.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I know! I went to see Super 8 today in the theater( I never go but maybe 1 time a year to the theater) and there is like 3-4 ads for Law enforcement type shows in the pre-views. I leaned over to my dad and said "What is with every show having to be about law enforcement".

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by niceguybob
Simple.

It's to reaffirm that the GOOD GUYS.. Law Enforcement ALWAYS win.

So,Don't go tryin nuthin. Got IT? Or you'll get it.

Oh yes, we have all the American cop shows here, and sometimes I watch them. Original CSI is one of the few I can (sometimes tolerate) and I see that evil little gnome Brass making blood curdling threats against people who are just witnesses!
Last night, I started to watch CSI Miami out of curiosity, and saw David Caruso's character threaten to shoot a character (who we found out within seconds, was innocent), saying - "if I find out you're lying". That was when I turned it off.
As I said on another thread, the ultimate villain is rarely if ever a white man, but lots of white men are threatened in the course of finding that out.
I suppose it's not surprising that when faced with a winess/suspect who is rich or powerful or both, that the nastiest cop turns into a pussycat, whether it's the busty 22 year old sidekick, or Mussolini himself (Brass - has anyone noticed the resemblance? Short, bald and bull-necked).

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
I noticed about 30 years ago that cop shows come and go in cycles. There was no originality when there were 4 channels and there is none with 150. "Hey! They like cop shows! Let's make one!"

Why are there no westerns?
edit on 6/13/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
i think the war ones are just to glorify war

and to convince us that war is normal and needed

when any sane person knows that they are criminal

and are done so the criminal elite can make more money selling there arms

and take over country's they have no right to

top topics

join