It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you skeptical of everything the media puts out?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
In response to your beauty point.

As to whether there is truth on t.v. I'd have to say yes. I just believe it's presented with a spin. Everyone has an angle of how they'd like to present information and they do just that. I speak of news, sitcoms, mtv, all of it.

Why lie when you can control the truth?

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I believe this is more like it OP:

And yes, the media is full of it. Every network, every media outlet have to look out after their shareholder interests and their sponsors. Which is why the interent is in my opinion the best tool we have to conduct research and discover things on our own. No spinning.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

1) You are no doubt familiar with the concept of supply and demand? If no one watched it they wouldn't push it. The media like most all buisnesses follow the profits, pure and simple. It is easier to blame shadows though.
2) I wouldn't say stupid, I'd say superficial. Which I regard as stupid but, that is simply my opinion and hardly fact.
3) Examples of media bending the truth are hardly proofs positive of the afforementioned "shadows" you appear to be blaming for society being screwed up. Any of a million other possibilities as to why that happens present themselves, most not tied in a pretty bow of blaming shadow cabals of evil men.

<< 1  2   >>

join