It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Time to Show No Fear

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Tomorrow I will be installed as the master of my lodge for the upcoming year.

The installation is public and all are welcome.

You don't need to be a mason to go into a lodge. Any good mason will invite you in, show you around and answer questions.

Call your local lodge, look up their website, heck.. in the US almost every town with a masonic lodge posts their meeting times on the "Welcome to ... " sign along with the Lions, Rotary, Elks, etc.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

congratulations on being given the honor of sitting in the east.
Good luck with your year, and I hope you have a good secretary. That is the key to everything going smoothly so I am told. Do you have an agenda yet?

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

Congratulations on your trip to the East!

I've been a Brother from a little over a year now and am already in an officer seat and loving every minute of it. Lots of work, both in terms of learning the work and in support of the Lodge.

I agree - if someone has a question, just ask. I have no familial ties to Freemasonry - I was interested, sought out answers (from Masons, not from crackpots online) and found I wished to pursue greater light. It's been a great year and I'm looking forward to the next 60 or 70.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

Heya Congrats Emsed. I will be installed in Sept for the second time, glutton for punishment LOL. Its a great year but it goes very quickly, and Network Dude is correct, a good secretary and DOC will make the year more enjoyable and smooth running.

As for the OP comments, any of the brethren who have posted here are correct, stop by your local lodge and ask.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by seiva7

As long as I've been a Mason, and to include all the Lodges I've visited, the meeting does not proceed until all present are confirmed to be members. You would have to prove that you are indeed a Mason.

Like it was said there is a elected officer whose entire job is to make sure all present are Masons, plus there is also the Tyler who is also a safeguard against those who wish to sneak in, and with my Lodge the Tyler is the Junior Past Master.

reply to post by emsed1

I'll throw my congratulations in as well.
edit on 14-6-2011 by KSigMason because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by emsed1
Tomorrow I will be installed as the master of my lodge for the upcoming year.

The installation is public and all are welcome.

You don't need to be a mason to go into a lodge. Any good mason will invite you in, show you around and answer questions.

Call your local lodge, look up their website, heck.. in the US almost every town with a masonic lodge posts their meeting times on the "Welcome to ... " sign along with the Lions, Rotary, Elks, etc.

I believe as of today, Congrats Worshipful is in order!

Enjoy your spot in the East!

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by YourPopRock

Thank you!

It's a big undertaking and I'm more than a little nervous but it's going to be a fun year.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
reply to post by emsed1

congratulations on being given the honor of sitting in the east.
Good luck with your year, and I hope you have a good secretary. That is the key to everything going smoothly so I am told. Do you have an agenda yet?

We have a fantastic Secretary and we try to compensate him well for his time. My agenda is that I'd like to get a flat screen or projector for the lectures, education and maybe even a social event from time to time.

I've reached out to our local Prince Hall Lodge and they are enthusiastic about joining us in charity events.

Also I'm planning to go out once a month for refreshments after meetings instead of cold sandwiches and lemonade. LOL

My biggest item though is to limit business meetings to ONE HOUR and sticking to the agenda.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

Congratulations emsed1,

I hope your year in the East is enjoyable and satifying. I had the honor last year in my lodge and it was an honor and a priviledge to serve.

Now to the situation at hand.

It seems like school has just let out and the kids and trolls may be out and about again. If you want to know something about anything you only have to do some reading and asking and you will find out many things.

Current teaching and education standards aside I would recommend arming yourselves with an openmind and some ability to use critical thinking, logic and rhetoric, meant in the classical sense, to challenge your thoughts and beliefs before casting aspersions about honorable and venerated subjects.

Honest and open appraisal of subjects we are unfamiliar with lead to learning and enlightenment of them. Go to your local lodge and read the notices posted on the door, get the phone number of the secretary of the lodge and and call him and ask him questions, go in and visit with him or them, the brothers, and ask your questions. The are few things that many masons are good at, but amoung them you will find eating and talking at the top of the list.

We are not the boogey man and we have nothing to hide. Our modes of recognition and signs are just about the only thing we won't tell you about, unless of course you pay for your intiation fees and go through the degrees, at which point we will talk your ears off.

Happy summer vacation kids!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join