It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting surveillance vid

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Saw this on Youtube. Did a search but couldn't find anything here. Hoping to get your opinions on what it might be ...

Had an infrared camera set up in my daughters room because I had a neighbor harassing us. Instead of catching him we started to see round unexplainable objects appear on camera. They seem to center around my daughter, gets brighter when she goes outside and seems to want to follow her. I could not see it with naked eye but could see it on the monitor that I had in my room. Had a storm earlier that day so the window wasn't very clean but you can still make out the "Orb". This is exactly as we saw it on monitor, the only thing I did was transfer from VHS to DVD to my computer. Any ideas on what this may be???

My apologies if this is a repeat.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I would suggest that the camera operator did know it was there and could see it, since the woman wipes the window at one point and keeps changing the lens filter or whatever a few times. I would also say that it doesn't get brighter when the daughter goes outside, but rather maintains much the same intensity throughout the video. It also doesn't follow her, since it was already going in that direction before the daughter reappears.

While I couldn't say with absolute certainty since I wasn't there, I would say it looks like a spider building a web on the outside of the window. Slow movement, covers most of the window, maintains the same shape throughout. For me, it doesn't appear paranormal.

FTR, I believe in the paranormal and have experienced it many times myself. I remain skeptical of most things though, and it would have to be extraordinary for me to believe it to be paranormal.
edit on 12-6-2011 by Ceriddwen because: addendum

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ceriddwen
I would suggest that the camera operator did know it was there and could see it, since the woman wipes the window at one point and keeps changing the lens filter or whatever a few times. I would also say that it doesn't get brighter when the daughter goes outside, but rather maintains much the same intensity throughout the video. It also doesn't follow her, since it was already going in that direction before the daughter reappears.

While I couldn't say with absolute certainty since I wasn't there, I would say it looks like a spider building a web on the outside of the window. Slow movement, covers most of the window, maintains the same shape throughout. For me, it doesn't appear paranormal.

FTR, I believe in the paranormal and have experienced it many times myself. I remain skeptical of most things though, and it would have to be extraordinary for me to believe it to be paranormal.
edit on 12-6-2011 by Ceriddwen because: addendum

I agree, also why does she say "do you think its on the inside or outside?", then rub the window? Its not like the window wasnt clear if the camera sees through ok.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by OwenGP185

I agree, also why does she say "do you think its on the inside or outside?", then rub the window? Its not like the window wasnt clear if the camera sees through ok.

Honestly, I rarely listen to the sound on these vids since they usually have really awful music or something on it. The fact that she said that lends credence to my thought that she is well aware that it is there.

Ok, just re-read the quoted part in the OP. She states that she couldn't see it with the naked eye but could see it on the monitor in the room. Since it is clear that she is holding the camera at some point by her reflection in the window, why does she need to look at the monitor? Also, a small spider at night on a window probably wouldn't be visible.
edit on 12-6-2011 by Ceriddwen because: clarification

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I usually don't post on Orb threads as I don't have much of an opinion on them, as I have never had an experience with one. But I don't think it's a spider making a web, as if you pause the vid at exactly 2:50 the object is still glowing after the lighting effect change. I don't think spiders give off thier own glow, do they? And it looks as if the object is giving off it's own "aurora".

Odd one indeed.
edit on 12-6-2011 by Chipkin9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chipkin9
I usually don't post on Orb threads as I don't have much of an opinion on them, as I have never had an experience with one. But I don't think it's a spider making a web, as if you pause the vid at exactly 2:50 the object is still glowing after the lighting effect change. I don't think spiders give off thier own glow, do they? And it looks as if the object is giving off it's own "aurora".

Odd one indeed.
edit on 12-6-2011 by Chipkin9 because: (no reason given)

Except that it is an infrared camera and will show heat signatures. I would guess, not being an expert, that a living thing would have a heat signature.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by mysticcuisinart

I hope this won't scare me it's like 1 am in the morning here. (Bites my nails)
If it's scary I am gonna pee myself...
Ok I'll go watch.Now. I swear.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I thought spider or small insect at first too, however she has a few other clips, including this where the "orb" appears to move off into space ...

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I still call spider on that second clip. It keeps flashing back into view, as though the spider is moving around. As for it floating into space, it is the angle the camera is at vs. the window.

top topics

join